Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **News from MaryJanesFarm
 Mary Jane in More Magazine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Mary Jane in More Magazine Next Topic  

Nan
Farmgirl in Training

14 Posts

Nancy
Pierce Colorado
USA
14 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  06:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Click to see Nan's MSN Messenger address
I just picked up the lastest copy of More magazine (the magazine for those over 40) but who did I see an article on? Mary Jane and the Farm. Great write up and pictures, and as always fantastic food. Great going!!! I'm proud to be one of Mary Janes Farmgirls!

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.
Mame Dennis
(Aunite Mame)

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  12:22:08 PM  Show Profile
I had never heard of MORE magazine but I will sure be looking for it. My town has NO magazine selection so I will have to wait until I go to the next town to search. Sounds like a must read!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  7:28:46 PM  Show Profile
i'm looking for this one too .. is is sold in the bigger bookstores?

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  02:15:07 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
I picked up a copy in Barnes & Noble yesterday. It is a beautiful article. But I know my grocery store will have it. They are just a little later getting things. If need be when they are in the grocery, I can pick up a few copies. Let me know if you need me to.

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  9:18:29 PM  Show Profile
i'll check barnes and noble next time i go into elizabethtown. thanks!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

DeeDee
True Blue Farmgirl

162 Posts

Denise
Wyoming
162 Posts

Posted - May 27 2007 :  5:33:40 PM  Show Profile
I just picked up a copy of this issue yesterday at Walmart.

I thought the article was great,as were the pictures,and the recipes look terrific also. You go MaryJane.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  9:42:10 PM  Show Profile
ok, so I was in Costco killing an hour while I waited for my photos to be printed....They have magazines now, & yep, smack dab in the middle they had "MORE" with the article on Maryjane Butters....I bought it, & it was only $2.70, wow, not as expensive as I thought.
Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to kick back & read it.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 30 2007 9:42:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  07:37:26 AM  Show Profile
The pan bread recipe is wonderful!

Mandi

"There will no longer be so many pleasant things to look at if responsible people do not do something about the unpleasant ones." Madeleine L"Engle
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  3:16:12 PM  Show Profile
I had to kick poor dh out on Sunday while we had ladies craft day and he actually came home with the magazine for me. He remembered that I had mentioned it and couldn't find it in our town. That was pretty sweet.

It's a great article. Mandi, I'll have to make the panbread. It looks really good.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page

threebusybees
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Mandi
Myrtle Beach South Carolina
222 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  5:49:11 PM  Show Profile
My husband has now(after the pan bread success) added Mary Jane to the list of ladies he'd marry if I should meet my unfortunate demise. Also on the list is Julia Child( to late unfortunately what a culinary genius), Gina Gallo, Martha Stewart, and Rachel Ray. Notice Food and wine! We know where his head is! The article was really great. and Debbie what a sweet husband you have!

Mandi

"There will no longer be so many pleasant things to look at if responsible people do not do something about the unpleasant ones." Madeleine L"Engle
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  07:45:00 AM  Show Profile
I'll look for it today! Thanks!!

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  09:54:44 AM  Show Profile
I too enjoyed the article, I use to subscribre to "More" but after the subscription was up I did not renew it. It still gears to the "perfect" over 40's ladies. But it does have some good qualities like health & beauty tips for the mature woman, but a wee to many ad's for fountain of youth type make-ups.
I loved the article on Jamie Lee Curtis, she was bold & brave to be photographed ala "real", in a swim suit & no make-up...wow! she really is like the rest of us fighting the same age related battles. Kudos to her.
Maryjanes article was sweet & I love the photographs as well as the recipies. And she is right, no matter where we hang our apron, we all have a little bit of farmgirl in us.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  1:45:21 PM  Show Profile
I can't wait until I make the hour run into the "big city" to go to the book store and find More. Haven't bought a copy of it in a long time, but now I have a reason to get the latest one. Sounds like a great article on a great and wonderful woman. Thankgoodness I have to go into town on Friday for a quilt show with a friend. She'll be excited about it too. Got her turned onto MJF and s few others in the spinners group we go to.

Blessings to all.
Annie

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  1:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I found a copy of More in a Walgreen's store over the weekend. The article is outstanding! It's not just a one page, tiny thing. There are lots of photos, too. And recipes!

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  2:35:30 PM  Show Profile
I found More magazine at Walmart on Saturday. The article IS good and long. I can't wait to make the flatbread from the recipe in there too. I loved the beautiful pictures..as always.
I wasn't as nuts about the rest of the magazine..not my style I guess...but will be saving that article for sure.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  08:44:57 AM  Show Profile
Couldn't wait - made the hour run into the "big city" and stopped at Borders to get the mag. Great article! Can't wait to share with friends. Aunt Jenny - I agree - it's not my cup of tea as far as the whole mag goes either. Being retired and living in the boonies just don't have much call for the rest of it. Big thank you Nan for the heads-up on the article, tho.

Peace and love.

Annie
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  10:18:39 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Good afternoon ladies! I am a newbie Farmgirl! All because of that article! I was reading More in the Dr's office on Friday and the rest is history! Where have you all been all my life! Wait, right here at MaryJanes!

Pleased to meet you all!

Cheers,

Lorna Orick,
Forest Hill, MD
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  11:12:37 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Lorna! We're glad to have you. this is a great bunch of women.

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site http://ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com

Take me home, country roads
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  12:00:19 PM  Show Profile
I want to welcome you too, Lorna..you will love it here!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic Mary Jane in More Magazine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page