Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Weather Report
 New weather blog from Beryl UT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Weather Report: Previous Topic New weather blog from Beryl UT Next Topic  

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  09:43:28 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Hello all,

I've just started a new weather blog offered by weather underground. I post pretty much daily so you can see how the weather is... in the middle of nowhere.

Blogs are free. All you have to do is register!

Shari Thomas
farmer, web copywriter, blogger
Shari's Gone Country

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  12:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Shari -- this is so cool! I love the weather and love knowing what it's doing in other parts of the country. My family calls me "Weather Mom". I'll be a regular reader.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://www.therusticcottage.net

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  08:32:59 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Awesome Kay!

I've got a ton of pictures to add... just gotta find the time to do it.

Maybe you should start your own weather blog at Weather Underground... it's free, and there are no strings attached in any way.

Shari Thomas
Shari's Gone Country
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:21:29 PM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Fresh pics up of the "way-too-close" fires last night... thanks to several hundred lightening strikes.

Visit my weather blog first and then even more detail at my blog.

Shari Thomas
Shari's Gone Country
Vote for me at "Blog for a year"
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  1:00:44 PM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
New fire! And this one is closer than the last one... You'll definitely have to read about it and see the pics at both my "Shari's Gone Country" blog, and my weather blog.

Be forewarned... I'm on quite a rant about how things get done when it comes to fighting these wildfires!

Shari Thomas
Shari's Gone Country
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  6:01:31 PM  Show Profile
WE have one about 40 min north of us too, in Salt Creek canyon...it is still uncontained..knocked out our power last night when it burned through a power line, and has the highway closed now...boy Utah sure has had it's share of fires this season!! More than I have seen since we moved here 5 years ago!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

therealshari
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Shari
Beryl UT
USA
235 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  08:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Send therealshari a Yahoo! Message
Yike Jenny,

I thought that one was further away. At least it's on the north side, and not likely to turn and come your way.

This one that is west has burned quite aways east of where it started, and north... Right now, there's no additional danger to us, but it is reaching an area where the prevailing winds shift.

Our wind here is SSW and just seven miles north at the Beryl Weather Underground station, the prevailing wind is NNW... really strange for sure.

You guys are in my thoughts and prayers.

Shari Thomas
Shari's Gone Country
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  09:13:47 AM  Show Profile
Yep...not much chance of it heading very far our way...we havn't had the smoke in the air even, like from the Beaver fire (Milford Flats I guess it is called) but you can sure see it in the distance.
I am sure glad you arn't in danger too!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic New weather blog from Beryl UT Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page