Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Any Cross Stitchers Here???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Any Cross Stitchers Here??? Next Topic
Page: of 2

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  6:58:28 PM  Show Profile
This is wonderful! I love to cross stitch, free-hand stitch and so forth..virtually anything in the sewing realm is right up my alley.. Have any of you heard of the magazine "Antique Sampler?" its published 4x/year and I just gobble up every single page. One of the things that is has inspired me to consider is make my stitching the same front and back..hiding knots and making everthing seamless.. some of the antique samplers that they feature from 1700's etc, stitched by 8 year olds are just breathtaking!! good to know stitchers are so passionate! Julia Hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2006 :  8:10:39 PM  Show Profile
I bought a hand towel (made with a linen) for .50 once at a garage sale. It was crosstitched with a victorian lady in a bonnet. The reason I bought it was because the back was almost as beautiful as the front. It was a perfect piece of stitching.....for .50! There should be a law against that! :) Hours of work and skill went into it, and now I love it and cherish owning it. I even gave 1.00 for it....bigger spender, huh?

I too, love the publication of Antique Sampler. Years ago, they did a set of hardback books with the same name. I will always keep them and I use them too. I also like the publication Piecework. Have you seen that one?

"Sell cleverness and buy wonder"

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jan 10 2006 8:12:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2006 :  6:25:56 PM  Show Profile
UH-OH!! no I have not seen piecework!! another thing for me to check out!! can't wait...I know, some of these stitchers are just amazing.. thanks for the info! Julia hayes

being simple to simply be
Go to Top of Page

ikaylor
Farmgirl at Heart

1 Posts

Kristine
alger ohio
USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2006 :  3:02:44 PM  Show Profile
I cross stitched years ago and got out of it as my kids entered school and i went back to work.Unfortunately i also got rid of all my materials floss,patterns and everything.Now I am trying to get it all back and boy is it expensive.....Would anyone care to share some amish living patterns?

happy stitching
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2006 :  09:19:16 AM  Show Profile
Sherry,

Finally I'm back on the board. Yes, I have done cross stitch but it has been a lot of years. I recently went a little berzerk and bouth 4 patterns designed by 'Little House Needleworks' and am starting one now.
I learned how to do cross stitch in the late 70s at one of those 'Creative Circle' parties that my roomate at the time had. I then taught my sil, who now, after all these years has LOTs of cross stitch done and hanging in her home. I don't really have much, so I'm starting again. I'm really into country/cottage/primitive stuff. I think if it has a sheep or a willow tree on it, I want to stitch it!

Jana
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Any Cross Stitchers Here??? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page