Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Book Recommendations for Making Own Beauty Product
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Book Recommendations for Making Own Beauty Product Next Topic  

jodyleek
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Jody
Maple Plain MN
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  10:30:28 AM  Show Profile
Hi all,

I have been scouring the internet, looking for recipes for homemade beauty products (shampoo or shampoo alternatives, conditioner/hair rinse, facial toner and cleansers, etc.)

Does anyone have recommendations for a book with recipes for homemade, natural beauty products? There are a lot of books out there but wondered what the Farm Girls thought. I'd like some recommendations before I buy.

Thanks!

Monroe's Mom

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  1:44:28 PM  Show Profile
My mum has a book with some recipies in it, I'll ask her for the information on it. We've only tried a few of the recipies, but they all turned out lovely. She put together a few projects for our church's woman's ministries group, and we spent an afternoon making yummy smelling bath salts, body sprays, etc. One of the recipies called for vodka...I can't describe the looks we got from random people who happened into the classroom we were using when they saw the bottle of vodka sitting on the table...our church is rather conservative, LOL! I hope we didn't cause any heart attacks. Anywho, I'll post the info as soon as I get it! :)

Blessings,

Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  5:11:59 PM  Show Profile
Alright Jody, here's the information - it's titled 'Natural Beauty Basics', and the author is Dorie Byers. And incase you can't find it with that, here's the ISBN... 1-890612-19-7.

Hope that helps!

Blessings,

Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2007 :  6:27:00 PM  Show Profile
Jodie -- here's link for another book. http://www.fromnaturewithlove.com/bookstore/product.asp?product_id=bookdmhbc

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

http://cottageramblings.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jodyleek
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Jody
Maple Plain MN
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  05:48:23 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the suggestions, ladies.

Keep 'em coming!

Jody

Monroe's Mom
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  07:43:05 AM  Show Profile
I have two books along these lines that I absolutely LOVE. They are both by Janice Cox - "Natural Beauty from the Garden," and "Natrual Beauty at Home." They have some specialized ingredients, but none that I've not been able to find even in the closest small town health food store. You'll just LOVE making your own things - it's super-satisfying!

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

jodyleek
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Jody
Maple Plain MN
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  07:53:04 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Libbie!

Do you make a lot of your own lotions, shampoos, etc? What items do you make on a regular basis - if you don't mind sharing.

Thanks, Jody

Monroe's Mom
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Book Recommendations for Making Own Beauty Product Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page