Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Artful Apron Challenge & Supply Sources
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Artful Apron Challenge & Supply Sources Next Topic
Page: of 3

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  09:48:57 AM  Show Profile
Steph,
How cool!
I can hardly wait to receive some apron to "creativly alter". Not to mention, having someone do like wise to mine!How fun.
g.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Sep 06 2007 10:16:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  11:04:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey Grace,

Thanks I'm getting one ready for a swap. Since not many folks signed on for the Swap at this point I'm going to send you one that I'm making and I'm going to "doll-up" the one you sent I already know the plan of attack..LOL

There are others that will be showing up for the swap and when they do I'll get them swapped out.

I'm keeping the Swap going indefinitely since it will always be fun if someone comes along and want to swap just with me if there's no one else waiting to swap to..

Have a great day!

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  10:15:39 PM  Show Profile
hee hee hee,,, I am so gonna have fun with yours.....hee hee hee!!!!!!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  10:22:55 PM  Show Profile
Grace,

Those kitty cats of yours are coming back home with a "new attitude" girlfriend...Watch out!! LOL Oh, this is so much fun!!!

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2007 :  10:47:06 PM  Show Profile
Mima,

Thanks for such kind words...I hope to one day teach workshops for the Mixed Media, Collage and Altered Art creations with an emphasize on using fibers, fabric, paper, charms, etc.

Here is by far one of my most favorite sites. If you are interested in starting a small project to wet your feet you can find all the inspiration you could ever imagine at this site. Just realize that you can apply alot of these ideas and techniques on to fabric even if they show it on paper

http://www.art-e-zine.co.uk/newstuff.html

You can look through this entire site. If you find that you visit it quite often then they ask for a $10 per year donation. This helps offset their hosting and bandwidth fees each month...that's a really small price to pay for such wonderful information.

It's just one Muse after another. I am a visual person and love COLOR! Altered Art, Mixed Media and Collage is where my brain stays tuned to..LOL I'm all over the place with what I love but the one thing that shows in most anything that I create is my great love for details. They make my heart pitter patter a bit faster...it's exciting to let loose and follow your intuition.

These Artful Aprons can range from "functional fancywear" to "display only" pieces. They take on a personality of their own as my treasure of fabrics, ribbons, etc. speak to me And yes, it really does speak..LOL

Stephanie

quote:
Originally posted by mima

Stepanie!! Love the apron! I'm such a newbie at the craft and art thing!! I'd love to learn how to do altered art! Would there be any books or sites you'd reccomend? You are amazing! Thanks and hugs1!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  12:27:34 PM  Show Profile
Here's a tutorial on making your own Sew-in Labels for your creations. They actually show step by step how to make a "stamp" from an eraser BUT you can always just write with a Fabric pen or other permanent pen directly onto the ribbon..just try a sample to see what style of writing you wish to use.

http://www.instructables.com/id/EFNQ5RYF47FIURT/

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  1:18:53 PM  Show Profile
oh i love this...i am a printmaker...that is you know what i chose to be when i grow up! I love doing these reliefs with kids and myself!! They are so easy...good idea posting for everyone to see steph..i forget that people dont know about this kind of stuff! Thanks for spreading the word!
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  2:12:37 PM  Show Profile
Hey Jess,

Yeah, I've got the knives and gouges and erasers and other carving materials. My husband is a woodcarver ... It's a fun thing to do and Printmaking as well as Woodcarving are among those "Lost Arts" that are being revived.

Would love to see some of your engravings!! You should post some pictures of your stamps, reliefs, etc. for others to see in this area..I know it would be inspiring for them.

I have people emailing me about how to do stuff so I'll be adding links to articles and tuts.

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  3:29:12 PM  Show Profile
Here's one of my favorite woodcarving websites. Since DH is a woodcarver we also have lots of these goodies laying around also... Love having a creative man around me...means I get more toys to play with..LOL

They sell supplies for the woodcarvers but the knives and gouges are also used for engraving your own rubber stamps or blockprinting.

These "Micro Knives and Gouges are fantastic"

http://www.chippingaway.com/WoodCarving/MicroCarvingHandTools/MicroHandCarvingTools.htm

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  8:28:00 PM  Show Profile
Mima and anyone else wanting some good sites for purchasing supplies for Mixed Media, Collage and Altered Art....This is a good one..they have realy nice ribbon selections.

http://www.joggles.com/

For Books...do a search at www.amazon.com Also, always look below the "new" book for any "used" books availbable..You can usually get big savings that way.

This link is for a "Collage" search at Amazon.com...
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/104-2223756-5291926?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=Collage

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2007 :  10:42:48 PM  Show Profile
uh oh, kats w/attitude! oh wait, I have 4 w/attitude!!!! hahahaha!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2007 :  08:29:16 AM  Show Profile
Thankyou sooo much Stephanie! Hugs!
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl
True Blue Farmgirl

919 Posts

Cheryl
Magalia CA
USA
919 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2007 :  11:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Stephanie, Thank you for the website info. There are a lot of beautiful things to make!
Cheryl

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2007 :  1:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Cheryl, You're welcome! I'll be adding a bunch more sources as I go along..If you are looking for anything in particular just let me know and I'll find it for you.

Have a great weekend and talk to you soon!

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  11:52:26 AM  Show Profile
Hey CountryChick,

Just checking in to see how your apron is coming along?? I've received a few and can make a few swaps once I receive one more apron! HINT HINT...LOL No Really....no pressure just checking in...haven't heard from you and just wondered how it was it was going. I know how life can throw in those unexpected curves and detours

Georgann,

I know you are just happy to make it to your sewing room right now with the job, hubby and the kids but I know your "Tea Magic" apron is going to be awesome!

Okiedoke...y'all post and let me know what you are up to when you get the time...

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2007 :  12:40:27 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda (yarnmamma)...Look forward to receiving your SECOND apron to be swapped!! WooHOO...go girl..thanks so much for taking part in this. You make me smile!

I'll post when I receive it and then I'll be making making some swaps towards the end of the month..

Talk to ya later,

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2007 :  02:21:57 AM  Show Profile
Still waiting to hear from CountryChick..Are you out there somewhere??

Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  12:33:33 PM  Show Profile
Hey Everyone,

Haven't forgot about ya...just been kind of bogged down the past few weeks.. Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful change of the season! Talk to ya soon..

queenofdreamsz & Miss Morgan

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  1:04:51 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Stephanie, I sent the 2nd apron and a pocket to ya. You'll be getting it anytime. I packaged it up and then was slow gettin' to the PO :-D

read...post....sew....read...post....sew...all the day long..la la la la

Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2007 :  7:12:11 PM  Show Profile
Hey Linda, that's Ok! I know the feeling

queenofdreamsz & Miss Morgan

quote:
Originally posted by yarnmamma

Stephanie, I sent the 2nd apron and a pocket to ya. You'll be getting it anytime. I packaged it up and then was slow gettin' to the PO :-D

read...post....sew....read...post....sew...all the day long..la la la la

Linda in PA

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  7:10:29 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Katmom and Yarnmamma,

We have two swappers (CountryChick & AuntGeorge) that haven't been able to send in their aprons due to I'm sure being too busy...Totally understand that! If you two see this post please feel free to mail your apron at a later date..that will be find.

So this post is to let you two (Katmom and Yarnmamma) know that I'll be mailing each of you an apron to further embellish. Should have them on the way to you by Friday, October 12.

Just let your imagination guide you on what you would like to add to the apron you receive. When you are ready to mail it back email and let me first, Ok?

I'm taking pictures of before and after to put in my gallery for everyone to see what we did.

Ok, I'll be in touch...Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  8:38:39 PM  Show Profile
kool-a-mondo,,,, I'll be waiting by the mail box....
I have tons of trimmings & stuff and am ready to go to work hee hee hee!!!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  9:15:45 PM  Show Profile
oh stephanie .. those are wonderfully FUN! i think i would like to take a vintage apron .. and 'embellish' it .. don't wanna' swap .. i'll want to keep mine .. cuz' it will mean so much to me if i 'personalize' it. OH HOW FUN! thanks for the delightful ideas! (i will show these to the girls coming to our sit and sew with maryjane next week! you are so clever! xo

True Friends, Frannie

FREEDOM VALLEY FARM
KENTUCKY

http://freedomvalleyfarm.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2007 :  9:31:55 PM  Show Profile
Hey Frannie, that's great! I'll add you on as a "Challenge" participant...I know it will be awesome! I plan to show all the pictures in a gallery at my site as well as everyone posting them here. I have my challenges and swaps going on there but still have to finish alot before announcing an opening

I know you are excited about Mary Jane's visit. I know y'all will have a big time and lots of fun! Yes, definitely spread the word about the "Artful Apron" Challenge. That part will ongoing so we can enjoy all the inspirations.

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2007 :  01:02:10 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi Katmom and Stephanie, I will be watching for the apron in the mail. I don't have lots of embellishments on hand...but then again...maybe I do. Just haven't looked at them lately... LOL

Quilting...sewing..reading...posting...swapping. I LOVE being a FARMGIRL!
Linda in PA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Artful Apron Challenge & Supply Sources Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page