2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  1:22:17 PM  Show Profile
Poor baby Michelle!!
Hope your feeling better soon..
odd.. i think i had something similar several days ago too!
I have been working cruddy hours here & they have been extending me to be here until 10pm.. i am SOOoooo not the Nocturnal girl!!
& become quite the crabby Witch if you can imagine this!
So.. Sweet Sweet DH is making Steak tonite.. Mine will be wating in the Microwave for me when i finally get there!!!!!

But.. Last Friday.. i was feeling that crummy feeling.. funny.. haven't had that in like.. oh.. i'm thinking.. 20 years or more.. & now twice in about a year!!! This getting old crap is for the birds!
Every one has all kinds of great advice.. i like the.. Cranberry extract vitamin ..I think it was.. I'll have to go find that..
But.. The foul mood i was in.. I had all sorts of offers of what i should be doing..
Apparently.. Kathie being Sick & Crabby.. is NOT everyones favorite thing here .. hhhmmmmm ...

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 26 2007 1:22:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  2:06:14 PM  Show Profile
Tonight;
beef stew with carrots from the garden, potatoes from the garden and green beans (because dh won't eat cooked carrots), made with good leftover red wine and homemade beef broth!

buttered bread and bread and homemade bread and butter pickles, too.

Tomorrow night we celebrate our anniversary (6?) at our favorite restaurant....I don't even KNOW what I'll be having--it's much too difficult to choose!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
NY Newsday sportswriter Bill Nack describing filly, Ruffian.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  5:42:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy.. HAPPY Anniversery Jonni!!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  6:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Happy Anniversery Jonni!

Tonight I am eating home made hamburgers. I have been craving protien! LOL

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2007 :  7:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Thanks girls! He already gave me my gift--a painting of my boy-o, Finnigan (our dog) taken during the ice storm in February. It's REAAALLY wonderful!!!!!

"She was built like a watch, a study in balance ... with a neck and head so refined, like a drawing by DaVinci"...
Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  3:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
Happy belated anniversary Jonni!!!

Tonight we are having that "Old bay chicken", yikes that stuff is addicting. I had to have a test taste, that bird was calling to me, lol. with it I am making mashed potatos, green beans, that leftover zucchini marinera and leftover potatoe, green bean and pesto dish I made last night as well.

pics from my world.. http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y144/tra-dun/
Go to Top of Page

mom2knk
True Blue Farmgirl

321 Posts

Blanche
So Cal
321 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  8:58:27 PM  Show Profile
I cooked dinner late last night when the house finally cooled down. I made lasagna, my family has been begging me to make it for weeks and with the heat I haven't wanted to or felt like turning the oven on! Anyway my kids and husband are extremely happy this evening and I even have enough leftovers for another meal!!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  2:47:33 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to get this thread going again - so many good ideas and inspirations.
Tonight we're having cube steaks, mashed potatoes, tomato, basil, and onion salad, and fresh bread. And ice cream if DH gets his way! How about you?
Go to Top of Page

kitchensqueen
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

521 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  7:56:24 PM  Show Profile
We had a fantastic beef stew with red wine-- it was so rich and delicious. My husband has a gifted hand with soups and stews; they always turn out perfect.

http://apartmentfarm.wordpress.com

http://shadetreestudios.etsy.com

New Rt 66 blog: http://historyinthemaking.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  9:23:37 PM  Show Profile
Our dinner was so yummy! I browned the cube steaks, took them out, then sauted some onions in the pan ( I would have added mushrooms too but DH hates them), then added some chicken broth, and reduced it a bit, took it off the heat and added some lo-fat sour cream and touch of dijon.; Put the steaks back in to warm them through and served with the potatoes. It was really good, and low fat.
Go to Top of Page

tiffany01
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Tiffany
Indiana
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  4:08:35 PM  Show Profile
Tonight we're having curried couscous with charmoula. The only thing you need to cook is the water for the couscous so it's great during this heat wave we're having. And it makes great leftovers! I recently quit my second job (yea!) and I love having the time and energy to cook again. This is a great thread! I love little glimpses into everyone's everyday lives.
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  4:50:38 PM  Show Profile
It doesnt have a name --but i boil a handful green beans with a yellow squash and a zuchinni --then i put them in the blender to puree --add 1/2 cup milk and pat of butter --makes a yummy soup. I am having that with homemade french bread tonight . The kittes are very unhappy with me cause they dont like my soup at all :)

www.ebaystores.com/shadowsofthegoddess http://people.tribe.net/0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d?_click_path=Application%5Btribe%5D.Person%5B0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d%5D
Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:32:52 PM  Show Profile
We had smoked pork chops with a tomatoe pie. The pie is just tomatoes layered with cheeses and herbs that you have on hand in a precooked pie crust. I have been experimenting with different teas latley, I just throw a few different types in the pitcher and add water, it is fun and I have made a few that I love!

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
With the miserable heat today we had tuna on a bed of lettuce with tomatoes and cucumbers. No heat required! Sprinkled with Old Bay!

Cheers,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  6:26:48 PM  Show Profile
We are having a Weight Watchers dish. It's turkey sausage sauteed with EVOO, then add chopped carrots, celery, garlic, onion, chicken broth, zucchini, and canned tomatoes, simmer and serve over whole wheat pasta. Never had it before, but it smells good!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  8:57:13 PM  Show Profile
We had Chicken Paprikash over (no yolk) egg noodles and green peas. Yummo. Also some homemade wheat bread with butter on the side.

Rich, creamy, full flavored, QUICK and still light. Again, yummo.

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  9:29:40 PM  Show Profile
Nothing better than homemade wheat bread with butter! Even better if the bread is warm. See now, that's what gets me in trouble with the weight.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  2:20:17 PM  Show Profile
I have been making iced tea a lot too. I use the blueberry tea mixed with green tea and other kinds when I get bored with the blueberry. I always add green tea though and it's always good. I am trying to get away from Diet Coke, which I love!!

Tonight we are having lasagne with fresh tomatoes, and ground turkey. It is so good. Maybe a spinach salad on the side.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile
Whats on the menu for tonight girls? We are having maple glazed chicken, rice, crudites, corn bread and chocolate pudding cake with ice cream for dessert.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  2:06:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
No cooking tonight. Going out for PIZZA with my dh, ds and his best friend and my dad! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

sweetthunder214
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

theresa
smithville tx
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  2:17:25 PM  Show Profile  Send sweetthunder214 an AOL message  Send sweetthunder214 a Yahoo! Message
no cooking for me tonight.. down with my neck so trying to talk dh into driving to town for takeout. i know i shouldnt because everything is so greasy but sometimes i just want something bad for me. i know i will feel guilty and worse for doing it as well.. dang mind over tummy thing. would love to have some of your lasagna.. sounds yummy!
Go to Top of Page

EagleNest
True Blue Farmgirl

192 Posts

Mary
Yakima WA
192 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  4:56:31 PM  Show Profile
Tonight we're having cold Thai Barbecued Thighs (recipe from Everyones Wokking by Martin Yan) They have garlic, parsley , fish sauce, turmeric, Curry and a little pepper and sugar. I grilled them last night. They are great hot or cold with a salad, corn on the cob and sliced melon.

They're even good for a midnight snack. Just remember there's garlic. LOL So don't try to kiss any frogs.

Last night we had make your own panini. Everyone puts the meat, cheese and veges they want on french bread and we grill them on my Foreman grill. A little fruit and yougurt. YUM
Eat healthy
Mary

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Gal 5:22
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  06:35:36 AM  Show Profile
Meatloaf, sauteed sliced sweet potatoes with curry, salt and red pepper, and steamed green beans from the garden.
Yum!

Tonight (Thursday), it's just me, so I bet I'll have a meatloaf sammich, and a sliced tomato (or 4).

Tomorrow, though, is pasta with fresh tomato sauce, roasted garlic and crusty italian bread.

Saturday, dh has a show so it's easy dinner: chili pork fajitas.

Go to Top of Page

Georgia
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

Angie
ballwin mo
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  08:18:28 AM  Show Profile
I bought some homemade noodles at the farmers market. tomato- basil, spinach- garlic and plain egg noodles. I'm not sure yet but I am definantly going to use one of them! Maybe alfredo with the spinach-garlic with some chicken tossed in or tomato-basil with fresh tomato chuncks. I can't wait. I'll let you know how they turn out!

dreamer
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2007 :  10:56:09 AM  Show Profile
I'm still proud of my lunch from both yesterday and today: I made pizza using a whole wheat pita bread, olive oil, sliced tomato and garlic, cheese, oregano, salt, and pepper.

Take the pita, brush with olive oil, put everything else on, bake at like 400 degrees for about 20 minutes. Enjoy.

For dinner, I'm probably serving fried perch and some leftover garlic mashed potatoes I made for Friday night, and maybe some green beans.

Edited by - ivmeer on Aug 20 2007 11:03:47 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What's for dinner tonight? Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page