Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  12:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora is outgrowing some of her clothes! I can't believe it! My little baby has doubled her size since she was born!

Last night I had to get out one of out plastic storage tubs and I t is almost full of the Premie and 0-3 month clothes! I am in shock. I knew this day was going to happen....but...

The good news is that I got to open a tub of clothes that was until now- way to big. And the bigger clothes are now in the dresser! It still blows my mind. I can't believe it!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  05:40:47 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
Crazy isnt it! Durring certain stages they will grow so fast that they will not even get to wear all of thier clothes. One year at Easter, I bought all the kids new shoes about 2 weeks before the big day. Easter morining I dressed everybody up in the new duds I had made them and found out that my youngest (then 18 months) had already outgrown her shoes! I was so disapointed! Luckily I had a pair of hand-me-downs from her sister that worked, but they were not the pretty pearlicent ones I had hoped for.

Trina

http://glitteringgoat.blogspot.com/

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

ArmyWifey
True Blue Farmgirl

712 Posts

Holly
Abilene KS
712 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  07:11:37 AM  Show Profile
It slows down some between 1 &11 but then picks back up at puberty! Well for boys anyhow -- the girls seem to change sizes a bit slower. My son grew 6 inches this year and 3 or 4 shoe sizes!!!

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  08:26:42 AM  Show Profile
My kids are so close together that there isn't alot of handing down clothes..too close to the same size..except for my girls..they are about 4 sizes apart (youngest is very small for her age) and I don't even try to hang on to things in between...they go to a cousin first. My boys go through shoe sizes right now like crazy!!
I remember those baby days where they just fly through the sizes...it IS amazing!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  5:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I just can't believe it! :) I keep the tub of "too small" clothes out and sure enough- every time I do laundry I find and outfit or two that is just too small! Some of them, I am sure I could force her to wear- but why dress her in something that is borderline too small when there are other clothes to wear- right?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Outgrowing clothes!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page