Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Cousin IT took a shower at my house...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Cousin IT took a shower at my house... Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
or that's what it looks like every time I take a shower or a bath. I am have the post pregnancy hair loss. I know I won't REALLY go bald...but it sure feels like it! I hope I still have hair left by the time my wedding in September rolls around!!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!

Edited by - Alee on Jun 26 2007 12:37:50 PM

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  1:40:50 PM  Show Profile
Ugh! I hated that. I think my husband hated it more though. lol

http://diaryofafarmerswife.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  1:41:26 PM  Show Profile
Hormones are funny things, aye?

Then you get old like me and it comes out anyhow. Watch your tub and shower drains; they'll get clogged. *sigh*
Go to Top of Page

Mountain Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

JoAnn
Colville Washington
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  2:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Alee after my first baby my hair did that too. I had a fun dr and I told him at a visit that when I run my fingers through my hair I get lots of hair. His remedy , "don't do that then" : )JoAnn
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  2:35:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I've never heard of that. I didn't have it with any of my kids. It sounds annoying but I'm sure it will go away soon.
Go to Top of Page

UrbanChick
True Blue Farmgirl

331 Posts

Ayako
Atlanta GA
USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  3:54:19 PM  Show Profile
I had the same thing, I can't remember but I don't believe it lasted too long.

"Courage dosen't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying: I will try again tomorrow."
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  3:57:14 PM  Show Profile
I had that and hated it. I still have it when I wear my hair in a ponytail too many days in a row - that's because none of the hair falls out naturally during the day like hair usually does and instead decides to come out during the shower. Yuck!! The post pregnancy hair loss doesn't last for long.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  8:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I thought my hair was falling out like normal during the pregnancy- now I guess I was wrong! LOL I almost hate to give Nora a bath at the same time as me because all my a hair sticks to her! EWW! I hate it when hair sticks to stuff! LOL That is one of my weird quirks. I hate stray hairs- especially wet ones! Yucky!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  07:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Alee - I took a vitamin supplement called 'Biotin' when I was letting my hair grow long so I could send it to 'Locks of Love'. I checked online, and it is recommended for hair loss, as well as improving hair quality. It did seem to make my hair stronger and healthier for the 3 months I took it.

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  09:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the tip Janice! I will have to look into that!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Trace
True Blue Farmgirl

247 Posts

Tracey
Canton New York
USA
247 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  8:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Trace a Yahoo! Message
Alee, hang in there. I take Biotin. Not for hairloss but because it is a good supplement for hair, skin and nails. And my nails suck, lol Now they are growing. I am amazed.
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  9:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Oh Alee...me too!! I HATE loose hair and especially wet loose hair my Dh thinks it is so silly but I am really bad!! When I was little, if ONE loose hair was floating in my tub water I would get out and empty it and fill it back up!! ... And I did the same thing after all three of my pregnancies, loose TONS of hair... my first one was the worse...just handfulls of hair I was shedding everywhere it was awful!! But I never did even come close to being bald and it did stop! But it was shocking! So hang in there hun... I so know what you are going through!!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

Lavendar fields dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

1032 Posts

little monkeys mommy
washington
USA
1032 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  9:42:46 PM  Show Profile
yeah the hair loss thing really made me feel like i was going nuts but now i realize it was perfectly normal. and i still have it at times but not like my last pregnancy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  9:57:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Talitha-

If I take a bath I have to sit and pick out every loose hair that I can find. LOL It's my own version of OCD I think! I knew that it _could_ happen, but three months later I was beginning to think that it has passed...then when I got out of my bath...it looked like I had falled apart! LOL

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Sweet Harvest Homestead
True Blue Farmgirl

279 Posts

Lindy
Stanfield NC
USA
279 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  6:20:07 PM  Show Profile
Alee,
I remember that happening to me too with my first baby. Did not seem to happen with the other two, or maybe I was just too busy to notice by then? Ha ha!
I wish I had a remedy for you, I don't. Just a "I've been there girl and it will pass".
Take care sweetie.
Lindy

www.sweetharvesthomestead.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  8:46:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks ladies! I appreciate the kind words. I am still shedding like crazy! But I am sure it has to stop some time! I mean- I only have so many hair follicles...just kidding...kind of...

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Cousin IT took a shower at my house... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page