Author Garden Gate: Previous Topic I think I have a garden angel. Next Topic  

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  7:21:16 PM  Show Profile
First you have to understand that I am not good @ growing things. I love flowers and veggie gardens ,but I'm allergic. So when spring comes, if I want to breathe, I really am better off staying indoors.
I have never learned much about the outside stuff. My Daddy was a farmer and if there was a ? then I asked him. He passed away last Dec. so now I'm on my own.
This spring I decided to plant tomatoes, peppers and a cucmber plant. We are talking about a raised bed with about 12 plants. I didn't do anything special just dirt and fertilizer. We have a drought in GA this yr so we are not allowed to water. I have been saving gray water and keeping things moist.
Let me tell you. All but 2 of my tomatoes are about 41/2 ft tall. There are 2 about 3 ft tall. Lots of blooms and some veggies. We have LOTS of cucumbers and now the peppers are coming along. Oh yes and I have Okra. I had never seen this growing. I was surprised to find out it grew with the pointed end up!
Now to the point. Usually I kill stuff. Do you think I have a garden angel? I'm thinking that Daddy is still helping me.((LOTS!!!) I guess he has lots of time to do this now. He used to love to have a garden.

What do you guys think?

TEDDIE

Too blessed to be stressed!

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  9:13:04 PM  Show Profile
I think Daddy is right there beside you. Give him a smile now and then. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  05:36:10 AM  Show Profile
It sure looks that way Teddie,when you get the feeling he is there, give your right shoulder a pat, that tells him you know he is there. Can you breath this year? and work in the garden?
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  09:01:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
I say your Daddy is right there beside you, when you miss him most go out to your garden he is obviously there for you.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

theoanne
True Blue Farmgirl

282 Posts

teddie
CARROLLTON GA
282 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  7:27:07 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies. I know it has to be him how else would it grow?

Nancy, I can go out and wander and pick. The worst time is in the spring when you need to plant. that's when everything is blooming and I really have trouble with the itchy runny eyes and breathing. This time of year I can go out there for awhile and weed as long as I don't stay too long. I found out that the okra makes me itch if I brush against it. I have my bar of Fels-Naptha soap in the kitchen and wash off as soon I come in.
I'll remember to pat my shoulder so Daddy will know that I know.

Too blessed to be stressed!
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic I think I have a garden angel. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page