Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Mrs. Butters Crocheted Hexagon
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mrs. Butters Crocheted Hexagon Next Topic  

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  10:33:24 AM  Show Profile
I just finished crocheting Mary Janes mothers hexagon from her book. It turned out perfect. Thrilled! First "fancy pattern" that I dared to try. I can crochet scarves, dishcloths, afghans, as long as it is a repetitive stitch in rows. The instructions were so easy to follow. I used a #10 thread which is not tiny but it turned out a beautiful 7-8inch hexagon. I will stitch it onto a pillow I am making for my MIL,precious woman. Now that I understand the pattern I think I am going to try to make a tablecloth out of a finer thread. It was fun to work on. Has anyone else tried crocheting the hexagon and what are you going to make with it? Thank you Mary Jane for sharing this favorite pattern of your mothers with all of us. I thought of your mother, Mrs. Butters, as I worked on it and how much she loved this pattern. I call it Mrs. Butters Hexagon. Tracy

Edited by - mommatracy on Jan 09 2008 12:51:11 PM

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  11:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tracy-

That is awesome! Could you post a picture? I have wanted to try this pattern, but haven't had time yet. I am glad to hear that it is easy. I knew MaryJane's instructions were great, but it is always great to hear that it is doable from another person! I think my crochet skills are about the same as yours, so I am going to try it this weekend! Maybe it can be my "Sunday" project! :)

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  12:44:03 PM  Show Profile
Alyssa,I am still "digitally challenged" as far as posting pictures. I will work on that this weekend and try to get a picture on line. Can any of you farmgirls tell me about photobucket, seems I've seen that discussed on some of these topics. Thanks. Tracy
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  12:57:34 PM  Show Profile
Meant to add this little tidbit that works for me. When I try to work a new crochet pattern that is more involved than a repetitive stitch for example, the hexagon,is practice with a larger thread,#3. The fine crochet threads and crochet hooks are very hard for me to handle and I really can't see as closely as I'd like to because the stitches are so small. The size #3 or larger thread makes it easier to work and see the stitches. Then after I " get it" I can manage a finer thread. Again, as I said in a previous reply concerning needlework, it's better than Prozac! Tracy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  4:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Tracy- Here is a link to some instructions that Gabe put together, but I can try and walk you through it as well:
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6291

Photobucket is a free site. You just have to sign up for an account. On the right hand side of the page (after you register and log in to Photobucket) there is a place to browse your hard drive for a picture to upload. Once you find the picture, then you scroll down to "Upload". Once Photobucket has uploaded the photo it has it's own url address. There are three different url formatting options below the picture (on photobucket) just double click on the third one. It automatically copies it to your clip board. Then come hear and paste it onto the forum! Tada! Photo is on the forum!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  7:51:16 PM  Show Profile
momma tracy, if you want to email the pic to me, I will gladly post it for you, since it is frustrating to not be able to...trust me, it took me and photobucket awhile, then I found out my account was messed up and all along, it was not me!!! GRRRRR!!! Any way, email the pic to me, and I will post it, if you cannot figure it out!!..jess
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  08:23:38 AM  Show Profile
I finally have a picture of the crocheted hexagon that I made last June! I saw someone else post one and it inspired me to figure it out. I even figured out how to set up a blog! Believe me it was quite an undertaking to work that out. Now I need to dress it up! Let's see......thrift store finds,kitty cats,needlework,my little grand dog, you know,real important stuff like that! Tracy

www.cottagebythebay.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  09:04:51 AM  Show Profile
Tracy- Your hexagon is beautiful! Aren't they so much fun to make? yay for you starting a blog. They really are very easy to navigate. The hardest partt is coming up with things to write about!
Good luck!

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

Wherever you go, there you are.

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

HeathersHeartfeltStitches
True Blue Farmgirl

440 Posts

Heather
Lancaster OH
USA
440 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2008 :  09:15:33 AM  Show Profile  Send HeathersHeartfeltStitches a Yahoo! Message
That's so pretty!

Have fun with your blog, they are so addictive

http://www.picturetrail.com/photos/heathersstitches -SHOP
http://heathersheartfeltstitches.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Mrs. Butters Crocheted Hexagon Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page