Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  5:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh no! The Robert's American Gormet "Veggie Bootie" snack is being pulled from the shelves due to a salmonella outbreak! Here is the story from www.Krem.com

Veggie Booty sickens dozens; 4 in Washington

04:40 PM PDT on Thursday, June 28, 2007

Associated Press

OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) -- The state Health Department says four children have been sickened by a rare type of salmonella blamed for outbreaks in 17 states.

Veggie Booty

State health officials believe the four Washington cases of salmonella poisoning are linked to contaminated snacks called "Veggie Booty," which are under a national recall.

The four sick children in Washington are younger than 5. Two cases are in Whatcom County, while King County and Spokane County each report one case. All four kids have recovered.

Officials say more than 50 people nationwide, mostly young children, have been sickened in the salmonella outbreak. Salmonella is a bacteria that can cause diarrhea, fever and vomiting.

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  5:35:56 PM  Show Profile
Well, that would certainly explain why I kept getting sick each time I ate it!! Fortunately I only take a small amount in a tupperware "snack" container each time and try to switch off with other snack items in my lunch box.
For the life of me I couldn't figure out why I didn't feel right. I hope they get the word out soon. I was at a few stores yesterday and today and they all still had it on their shelves! And I almost bought more because I thought mine would be stale. Good thing I didn't :-)
Amanda

Too much of a good thing is wonderful.
Mae West
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  7:19:33 PM  Show Profile
THAT SUCKS. Thanks for the link, Alee. I just forwarded it on to my entire world of parents. We all feed it to our kids ALL THE TIME. (I think Jackson just had some with his dinner...so glad he's not showing signs of poisoning yet...)

THANK YOU!!!

Catherine

My Blog: http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com

My Etsy Shop: http://yogurtandgranola.etsy.com

Buy Nothing Summer Blog: http://buynothingsummer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  7:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
You're welcome! I just knew I had to tell you ladies as soon as I heard! I like to eat "Pirate's Booty" from the same company. This is really bad because I know it is really popular brand at our local Co-Op store. This isn't good for the stores or the consumer!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Veggie Booty Recall! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page