Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  09:57:05 AM  Show Profile
OK , the picket fence preview put my add in a week early I have been fielding calls all morining. Obviously, I can go home and tidy up, clean the stove and sweep... but my sons room is discusting...it will take days! I haven't cleaned the windows like I planned and there are many things...like closet doors I wanted to fix that I haven't...I am going to be a wreak. Everything I have read says to showcase your house (we have tons for family photos on the walls) so people can immagine themselves living there. My hosue is sooo cluttered. I need to just do what I can and let go of the rest or I will go mental..... I am definitely not going to be showing this house at it's best tomorrow night but...I don't want to stall people.

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:57:56 AM  Show Profile
Try to do a very quick tidy up. Don't worry about dusting, just pick up everything on the floors & make sure the beds are all made. Explain to potential buyers that you have been busy at work & haven't had time to do a "super cleaning" yet. When you can, get everyone to pitch in & tidy up. Removing the clutter shows people the size of the rooms, a very important selling point. Good luck & stay calm!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  11:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
MaryAnn-

I would suggest getting as much disposable clutter cleaned up, tossed, or put away as possible. Like mail and newspapers and such. If you have lots of knick knacks, people will understand that better than papers laying around. Also I would suggest giving your son's bedroom a fast makeover- that and bathrooms and kitchens. I think if you set a date for an open house, people will understand. You could even say the open house is next Saturday. I am sure if there is already that much interest in your house- they will be willing to wait a week. Also if they are really wanting to get in, honestly tell them that you are a working mom and it isn't in open house condition quite yet, but if they are willing to look past the living clutter, then they are more than welcome to stop by (and then give a time that is good for you in at least a day or more so you can do a quick scrub of bathrooms and kitchen).

I bet your house is absolutly fabulous and it will sell really quickly!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  1:15:06 PM  Show Profile
If I was supposed to envision myself living there a mess would be just fine! LOL! Good luck cleaning up! Maybe the rush is just the motivation you needed!

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic House for Sale Help! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page