Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Guess what is living in my water fountain?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Guess what is living in my water fountain? Next Topic  

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:40:26 PM  Show Profile
My dh was setting up my water fountain again this year. It is in the
top of a cream seperator with rocks that we have collected from different places. Dh made a wood cork for me so that I could fill it up. We were checking things out, I moved one of the rocks and there sits this frog looking up at me, like why are you disturbing my home. Then I removed another rock and there was another buddy. Needless to say, I added a little more water, turned the pump on and carefully put the rocks back. My grand daughers thought that was "way cool". Me too.
Surprizes of that kind are fun.

Enjoying the moments.

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  11:45:35 PM  Show Profile
Isnt it fun, we have a fountain on the deck and every year this little frog lives there, when we have the door open in summer, he is VERY loud that he almost competes with the TV.
In one of the other ponds in our yar, they are tadpoles right now, so they will all be frogs soon. It get very noisy around here. LOL
shirley
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  05:59:39 AM  Show Profile
I love that! Last summer, when I was watering one of my container plants, I heard a quick rustle and I noticed a little frog had jumped out of the plant. The next day, he was back and I tried to be careful when watering. He lived there for a while...hasn't been back this year, though.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  08:03:30 AM  Show Profile
OK, Carol Sue, but I'am not crazy for frogs, we have one that comes to visit us, he has been around for a few years, I walk a wide circle around him when I see him.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  08:32:13 AM  Show Profile
What fun to have a few wild things enjoying what you have done. I lost my little froggy friend this winter during an odd warm week (raised him from a tadpole). He started singing, but when it froze again, well, we didn't hear him this spring. Now we have a snake and a salamander, so long as they don't meet eachother. I do enjoy (mostly) having nature move in.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  08:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How cute! I love little frogs! There is one that lives by the water faucet in the bathing stall at the horse ranch I used to work at. He wasn't much bigger than a quarter!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  1:29:01 PM  Show Profile
I love frogs & toads!! & Them hanging out in the yard with me.. & in the garden!! Such little sweeties!! I do love the snakes that share my yard too though.. I have some lovely Rat Snakes that like my Bromeliads.. & a Daredevil of a Black Racer under the back steps!

The frogs in the fountain must be reallt sweet Carol Sue.. i would love that!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  4:13:15 PM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, how nice! Love those frogs! We have one visit my front porch window every night. Waits for the light to go on and then watches for the bugs! I was just today showing my grandchildren what a little mess he is making on the window from jumping on it! Gotta love "the good old summertime"!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever"!
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  7:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
How neat!! I think that is wonderful! Frogs are so cute and they help keep bad buggies away too!! my MIL is terrified of them, but as for me, I would love to have some living in my outdoor water fountain!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  7:58:09 PM  Show Profile
we have a 'creek' running all around our house .. and a big pond in the woods near the cabins .. sooo .. we are serenaded every night by frogs .. and occasionally, one will come for a short visit! (gets me to hoppin'!)

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  11:48:58 PM  Show Profile
Frannie ,
Better have a little talk with the frogs about Jake the Snake or they wont be singing long :)
shirley
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  04:25:34 AM  Show Profile
Mr. Toad lives in my front garden -- I see him every week or so -- always a surprise! Like -- "EEK! Oh, Hello Mr. Toad!"

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  04:49:17 AM  Show Profile
Carol Sue, I love the idea of converting an old cream seperator into a fountain...I'd love to see a picture of it

Peace, Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:56:07 AM  Show Profile
I like frogs they eat bugs!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  2:07:31 PM  Show Profile
Just used the top part of the bowl, dh put in a wood plug, added rocks that I have collected for years, a small pump and away you go. I have it sitting on an old rusted metal chair from the 60's? that someone threw away. I like it. It isn't running today cause I watered the lawn forgot about the plug, got it wet and now have to wait till it dries out. Ughhhhhhh

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Guess what is living in my water fountain? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page