Author A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Living the simple life... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  08:48:08 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Well, as you all know, the move is on!! YIPEEE!! I can't wait...and it got pushed up a week so I get there earlier!! YEAH!! Anywho- I am going to try to get back to the way I used to live when I first lived on my own, making my own bread, preparing all my food, lots of walking, exploring, thrifting, and getting to know the neighbors. I have a somwewhat of a routine for me and my DS right now:

M-F- drop him off at daycare, workout, start school work, clean, shop, bake, wash, garden, play with dog, sew...have to still figure out days as I don't know how the whole school load is going to be. I figure if I schedule it, I will do it. I have a cross stitch that needs my attention, some scrapbooking and I want to make an apron.

Weekends- try to find fun, cheap things to do with DS since for the most part, it will be just us. It will help break up the weekend so I don't feel stuck with him all the time. Use the weekends to teach him- reading, writing, drawing, coloring, just having fun. I would like to start teaching him how to swim too but need to find a pool that will let me. College won't let me.

I am also working on my budget and right now, for the next few weeks while I pack, I am deciding only to keep what I love and makes me happy. I like things simple and clean. I would like my decore to be like if I was on vacation, in a simple cottage with just what one needs, without too much fuss.

Cheers,

Heather

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  09:19:37 AM  Show Profile
Heather -- this sounds like such an exciting time in your life! Good luck with your move and keep us posted.

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  09:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather-

That sounds great! And I am sure you will enjoy your time with you DS on the weekends even more since you are doing other things through out the week. Is there a municipal pool around? In my home town you could buy a season pass for relatively cheap. How old is your DS again?

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
DS is 15 months...he likes the water though not getting his head wet.

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:39:55 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like you got it all worked out. You will do fine I am sure.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:50:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Heather-

I think it is pretty common for young kids to not like getting their heads wet. I am sure he will get over it soon- and the more time spent swimming will probably help that a lot :) I hope you find lots of fun activities for you and him to share!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  11:36:29 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I think part of it is he likes to flirt with all the girls at the pool.... ; )

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  12:08:26 PM  Show Profile
heather .. may all your dreams come true!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  12:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you!!! And the same to you all!! You all have been inspiring and when I sit down with my cup of tea in the morning, you motivate me and encourage me to live my dreams!!!

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  9:58:44 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
Good luck - it all sounds great! I too enjoy the simple life; however it seems to be getter harder to convince daughters (11 and 9) that simple things are the best! They always seem to be asking for something and I'm guessing it comes from friends at school as I certainly am not a compulsive shopper or anything. Oh well - getting off the track!
Best of luck with everything,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  10:55:00 PM  Show Profile
I like things simple too..the kids and I LOVE to go fishing...cheap and we take along a picnic lunch..and once in awhile between the 5 of us catch our supper too..haha
There are always fun things to do without spending lots of money or wasting time. I always have big red flags come up when friend of my kid's comes over and asks which video games they have (we don't do them) when there is so much to do outside. I would sure rather see my son busting open rocks (youngest son's latest obsession) to see what is inside than playing a video or computer game. We do alot of having the kids earn things if they want something that we feel is out of our own comfort zone (for instance $20 tee shirts for a 12 year old) they have to earn whatever is over what I would normally pay. Alot of times giving up $10 or whatever of their own hard earned money will make them decide they would be just as happy with a different, cheaper shirt.
You are being a great example to your little guy....he is lucky to have you for a mom!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2007 :  09:41:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Aunt Jenny-

My parents did something similar. When we wanted to have our own brand new bike, we had to come up with half of the money. Man- I really loved that bike and I rode it for YEARS. I think we got it when I was in middle school, and I rode it all the way through high school. I would have rode it in college too, but didn't have a way to bring it with me.

Alee

Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Living the simple life... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page