Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 fabric addiction.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic fabric addiction....... Next Topic  

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:03:51 PM  Show Profile
Now, I know none of you have ever done this...LOL!!! Stopped at Walmart to pick up some moth balls and a few other badly needed household items...and thought I would just check out the fabric area since they might be getting rid of it when they remodel.....

Well here's the result -

IMG]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb129/runbikegrrl/HPIM0211.jpg[/IMG]

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/

theknottysheep
True Blue Farmgirl

90 Posts

Kary
knitting in the sea on an island RI
USA
90 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:12:35 PM  Show Profile
Ah Mary Ann ....

Not only do I need fabric ... but yarn ... and wool .... and vintage lace ... and old buttons ..... AND ..... ? .. gggg!

Love your selections!

hugs,
kary

http://sheepatthebeachartstudio.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:13:42 PM  Show Profile
LOL I do the same thing all the time. I can not walk by a fabric store with out going in and buying something. The result is two closets and a cabinet full, and I never buy less than 3 yards.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:37:00 PM  Show Profile
My excuse.. I always need to go check..
" Just to see what's on sale" !!

I am so full of crap!

( Hey.. That made 600 for me!!)

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 25 2007 5:37:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  6:02:57 PM  Show Profile
I went to Walmart "by accident" today and spent $150 on bias binding and milk!! Okay, so maybe I got sunflower seeds too. Honestly, whenever I need bias binding for aprons (3 packs per apron) I can never get enough when I need it. So...(I am embarrassed!)
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  6:12:49 PM  Show Profile
Mary Ann - WOW! What a find. Love all of it. You did real good. They would make awsome aprons. Really love the Betty Boop one. Got a pattern at a quilt show a few weeks back for a kids bag that they can put their colors in slots on the sides and their color books inside the bag. Can't wait to go and find some fun kids material to make up for the gaggle of grandkids we've got for Xmas. Doing my part in non-commercialization of the season this year - home made gifts,etc. Also want to make up a prairie doll pattern I found and then make small quilts for them. Have so many ideas and not enough time. Right, girls?

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  7:29:09 PM  Show Profile
MaryAnn, love the fabric espeically the cows and betty boop. I have a hard time not buying fabric but the problem is i am an embroiderer not really into a lot of sewing. so I have all this fabric I need to do something with. I'm going to be in a Craft show Thanksgiving weekend and I think I make a bunch of stuff with fabric and not so much with embroidery.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love the pies and the cows! I really like them all though! How fun! I need to go see if they have any fun patters that I could use for kitchen curtains. And Pillow Cases. And aprons. Oh MY! lol

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:44:15 PM  Show Profile
MaryAnn, I love the Betty Boop. I would go and buy some myself. Not any budget for anything at present but the basics and then welllllllll.........
Oh Kathi,LMAO, Just checking is a very dangerous thing!!!!!
But fabric is so much fun. I should know I have a shed partially full of it. The home here doesn't have storage so at present that is where it is. DH working on back porch, enclosed so all the stuff can be stored there and he will use the "little quilt barn" for tools. Someday......

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:45:51 PM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
I am so addicted to fabric! --Love the cows, BTW-- Hubby put me on a fabric diet last fall and it lasted all of two weeks before I fell off the wagon!

If you would know Love, you must know pain too. -Hannah Hurnard
Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:56:24 PM  Show Profile
My local Joann's store has been carrying this heavier weight material that I've fallen in love with making aprons out of...I like that it usually doesn't have to be ironed after washing it and it's more sturdy than regular cotton. Plus, it comes in all sorts of fun patterns and colors...lol Lately there have been several different ones on clearance and every now and then they have the half off clearance so I just can't resist picking up as much as I can almost every time. Now I'm going to need bias tape to put on all of them and that'll be another fun trip ;)

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  9:25:30 PM  Show Profile
I know... I I do it too.... my last "just run in to Joanns" cost me $140! Yikes I have to stop this!

But when stuff is on sale.... How can you say No?
Oh and I have a trim addiction too....

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  10:51:08 PM  Show Profile
Ohhhh! The teacups and saucers one is great. I love being addicted to fabric. It's such fun!

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:05:07 AM  Show Profile
Maryann,
you had way to much fun... I luv the teapot & pies fabric....now I will have to try & find time to sneak over to our WallyWorld & see if they have that fabric...

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  03:30:43 AM  Show Profile
I am not that great a seamstress...part of the problem is my machine it is old and the understitch puckers. The tea cups and saucers is going to be, without doubt an apron, I have a true red gingham for the trim and i'll get some rick rack next trip to Joanne (see less then 24hrs and I am already justfying a trip to a craft store). The Betty Boop is going to be something 9 maybe an apron too) for my best friend. When I was down in Ct visiting in late winter I was "helping" clean up sweeping her floor and somehow knocked down and broke one of her collectible Betty Boop commemorative plate. Before I could replace it she found one on e-bay so something with this fabric would be a good gift for her. The cows I have no idea what to do with them. John Deer will be pillows with maybe a patch with embroidery (tractor) on it. fun, fun, fun!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  06:15:44 AM  Show Profile
MaryAnn,
Beautiful fabric you have great taste! I love the cows,
john deere and especially the teapots. I am going to have to go check ours out to see if they have any of those.
BTW, did you receive the magazines I sent?

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Luzy
True Blue Farmgirl

922 Posts

Luanne
Pueblo Colorado
USA
922 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  07:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Yes, I'm a remnant FREAK! I look at it like a treasure hunt and you'll never know what you'll find! Of course I use all of it, ya know! NOT!!!

--
May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  08:49:01 AM  Show Profile
My passion for fabric began about 9 years ago...don't you love how I used "passion" in the place of "addiction"

In a world full of harmful addictions I think I've chosen the safest one..LOL

My passion started off with Vintage Tableclothes, then eased into Chenille and Hobnails, then woven cotton prints and then came Barkcloth! Oh my...it's so much fun

Five nice sized closets with shelves and baskets full under my 4 x 8 foot cutting table.....I have slowed down over the past year and a half due to no more space to put it..LOL

This is what finally led to my website business (If I ever get it stocked...LOL) I gotta rotate some out so I can bring more in

Peace, Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  09:12:43 AM  Show Profile
A deal is a deal and it might not be there tomorrow, so get it today is my motto! Besides you will miss something if you don't look.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  1:59:57 PM  Show Profile
My favorite is the Tea cups too!!!
Sweetie I wonder if your tension is just out of whack..
Maybe that bad boy just need to be torn apart a bit & cleaned..& have some settings adjusted?

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  2:56:27 PM  Show Profile
When my kids were little (about 20 or so years ago) I used to work at House of Fabrics. I worked there a few years and the mall raised the rent so they decided to go out of business. We always got 25% discount, or if it was on sale, sale discount plus 15% more (like if the sale was 50% off, we got 65%). Well, as the going out of business sale progressed, they put the whole store on sale, increasing the percentage every week. At the end, the store was everything 75% off, then we got our extra 15%, need I say more? We've been toting about 12 big tubs of that .10 on the dollar fabric and trim around ever since!! (Can you believe I'm still married?)
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  3:12:17 PM  Show Profile
I hit a really great sale like 4 yrs ago at hobby lobby, I got like 200 something yards of great fabrics, no crappy stuff for like $40...and I keep buying new stuff on sale!! I am a junkie for fabric...I always have what I need, but why must I keep buying more?

By the way...I love the fabric choices you found!
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  4:58:30 PM  Show Profile
Kathie- sounds like you know your stuff. I don't know what is wrong with the darn machine I took it to a repair guy he charged me $$$ still works poorly the tension wheel slips...the bobbin winder tangles and the bottowm stich tension is all off causes the fabric to pucker...stich is tight on top and loose and loopy on botton. It's a 20-25 year old Husky. I want a new machine...but I am already behind on bills so can't justify it. Was different when I was making clothes for the kids...but now it's just for fun.

Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  8:06:10 PM  Show Profile
MaryAnn,

I'd be in tow with machine to the guy that charged me $$$ and let him sew on and see what a mess it is! Sorry this has happened to you...usually machine repair people are more caring from my past experience.

Peace, Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Edited by - queenofdreamsz4u on Jun 26 2007 8:07:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic fabric addiction....... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page