Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Aunt Martha transfer question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Aunt Martha transfer question Next Topic  

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:04:14 PM  Show Profile
It's been awhile since I've used these and I want to make sure I do it right for Alee's pillowcase swap so my question is...
Do I wash the fabric first before I stamp it, and does the stamping come out if I wash it after I embroider it? I'm making my own pillowcases, so I need to know before I start. Thanks for the info!

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:43:38 PM  Show Profile
I do not prewash before using the transfers, but some people do. I think it washes out eventually, but the stitching covers it anyway. Have fun!!
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  4:08:13 PM  Show Profile
ditto
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  4:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Thanks ladies!
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  4:55:44 PM  Show Profile
Gee Sherri I'm impressed! Your getting started already! AND making the pillowcases from scratch!! I know me it will be just a few weeks before the swap deadline and i'll be up all night with the needle and a crink in my neck...ha ha

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  4:57:44 PM  Show Profile
I just found some aunt martha's TRACTOR transfers....I can hardly wait to think of a project for them....maybe some pillows....don't think they would go over to well for the pillowcase swap...but ya never know

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  5:30:26 PM  Show Profile
MaryAnn, don't be too impressed. My MO is to start a project, work on it for a couple of days, then find something that looks more interesting. I have two rooms full of stuff in progress. Remember, I'm working on that crochet scarf in the Stichin workbook too - that is quite a project!! Plus, I have to get some $$ work done everyday, or I won't have anything to take to the next craft fair. So..... don't be too impressed!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sherri-

What size are you cutting the pillowcases to? I think I might make them from scratch too! It sounds like fun!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:53:12 PM  Show Profile
I bought four yards of fabric and cut it into one yard lengths. It's 44" wide, so I just folded it in half selvege to selvege and serged it on two sides. they were 36" long, and about 21" wide but they looked too long, so I cut about 2" off the length. So, finished about 21"x34". I held some of my pillow cases up to them and they're a bit larger, but I sometimes wish my pillowcases were a little bit larger. I am crocheting a narrow edging onto them to, so that will add another 1/2" or so finished. It's a fun project especially since we don't have to have it done until October!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  9:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Great! Thanks! I am thinking of making some out of really neat fabric and tatting some edging on to them. If after all that, I still have time I will embelish a bit more. I like fancy pillowcases, but I like simple too! LOL! Talk about contradictions!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  10:24:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh yes Alee! We're in the same group. Can't wait to see your tatting!! I tried but it escapes me.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Aunt Martha transfer question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page