Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Are there any sewing farmgirls in VA who could...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Are there any sewing farmgirls in VA who could... Next Topic  

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  8:54:28 PM  Show Profile
pick up fabric?

I am breaking up housekeeping. I can only take one tub of fabric with me......

Many of you know I have an extensive collection of fabrics and I will be donating all of it except my very favorites. I'm not joking I have tons of choice pieces. TONS!!! Perfect for aprons, aprons, aprons........................I will be going back to full time work in August or as soon as my home sells and I need to get it on the market very fast.

So when I'm working full-time I will no longer be able to sew as much as I do now and do not need any of this fabric. Price is right....you pick up. I can't afford to mail anything as massive as all of this is. If anyone is willing to make the drive to Richmond, you will have an almost lifetime supply!! LOL

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  9:12:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh my gosh Aunt George! I would love to have your collection- to bad I live on the other side of the country!!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  9:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Georgann.. are you okay? I mean really, are you sure you are okay and want to do this? I am really worried about you. Let me know what I can do to help you. I know, how could I possibly help you from here? I am sending you more good thoughts!...jess
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  08:05:59 AM  Show Profile
Aunt George,

Please do not get rid of everything too fast. I know you are going through something horrible and my heart is breaking for you. I work full-time and sometimes two jobs and I still sew my little head off, so be careful not to get rid of what you will not be able to replace due to financial constraints. A friend can store it for you until you can get back to it. I will drive to Virginia to collect it and bring it back when you need it. I am not kidding. I love Virginia and you too, so please think about this. If you need me, I will come.

Love,
Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  08:44:51 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking along the same lines as Sheryl-lyn; to store what you can't take with you. I'm way too far away to make the trip and dealing with a family death, but would if I could. Most of my fabric is in storage (along with a bunch more), but it's there when I want it. So very sweet of Sheryl to offer to store for you.
Ronna
Go to Top of Page

cmandle
True Blue Farmgirl

846 Posts

Catherine
Minneapolis MN
846 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  08:59:36 AM  Show Profile
Sheryl-lyn, you are a wonder. Georgann, please listen to her and don't get rid of your fabric - the fabric that brings you such joy - too hastily. You will find happiness again and when you do, won't it be nice to have a storage collection of fabric to draw from and get your hands moving again?

Take good care, my friend. We're all here, even though we're all over...

Catherine

My Blog: http://yogurtandgranola.blogspot.com

My Etsy Shop: http://yogurtandgranola.etsy.com

Buy Nothing Summer Blog: http://buynothingsummer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  09:02:09 AM  Show Profile
What a generous offer. I would go through it again and keep some of it back. I live in Newport News and could drive to Richmond to pick up fabric. Just let me know if you are really willing to part with fabric.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

happymama58
True Blue Farmgirl

1210 Posts

Patti
Missouri
USA
1210 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  09:10:00 AM  Show Profile
If I lived closer to you, I'd be glad to pick it all up, but not I'd be keeping it for you when things are better. Is there anybody close to Aunt George who could store this for her?

Some people search for happiness; others create it.

Please visit me at www.marykay.com/pmiinch
Go to Top of Page

lamarguerite farm
True Blue Farmgirl

649 Posts

missy
Battle Ground Wa
USA
649 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  09:39:32 AM  Show Profile
Georgann- I agree with the other girls. It's sounds as though what you are going through is very painful for you. I imagine the fabric means very little to you in this moment, but at some point when the joy and peace returns you'll be ready to create again. My heart hurts for what you must be going through and you are in my prayers!!!

Blessings,

Missy

If you have a dream, even if you don't feel qualified to accomplish it, just try your hardest.-Maggie Jensen
http://18happyhens.blogspot.com
www.LaMargueriteFarm.com
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  10:11:30 AM  Show Profile
Please don't give away your stash!!!! There will be a time when you will want to sew again and it will be a comfort to know that it is there waiting when you want it. If you really have to get rid of it, sell it, and set the cash aside to start a new stash. I'm sure there are many who would pay a few bucks plus shipping for an unseen box.
Hugs and prayers, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  3:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Oh Georgann
What a hard place you must be in. Take up the offer to store it, and wait. In the midst of turmoil, decisions are tough.
Praying for you. I wish that I was closer. Hugs.
Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  8:12:45 PM  Show Profile
See George.. You can't get rid of something that has given you so much pleasure.. & has also been such a great sourse of satisfaction & release for you too..
Go though it all again.. Please.. just once more.. if you still feel that your going to have to get rid of some of it.. & want to pass it on.. then do it.. but I know there are things in there that you will regret later..
Not you.. Not the queen of repurposing..
you make more things out of a single item then any one person I know.. No one can stretch a garment like you do.. I know what the average person can do with a yard of fabric.. you multiply that four times.. So.. You just can't let that talent head out the door in a hand full of garbage bags..
Look things over again.. & hang on to some more of your goods.. Please.. then let some one hold onto some of your bigger items for a while.. Just till life calms down a bit..
Then you can get back into the therapy of sewing again.. Alright?
Love you..
Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  04:25:11 AM  Show Profile
Georgann,

I can feel your pain....you are sounding like I did several years ago...it was a complete "upside down" period in my life and NOT fun...We were just starting to enjoy chatting with one another in the middle of the night...

You know I'm up all night so feel free to email privately anytime....I'm here for you and am a very good listener.

Peace to you and a healing for your heart...hope to hear from you.

Peace, Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Are there any sewing farmgirls in VA who could... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page