junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  11:20:10 AM  Show Profile
Hello- I'm really going to go out on a limb here, but here goes. I think as a courtesy that when we respond to a post, if you address a certain person, you should use their name, and not the user id (unless the person doesn't give their real name). I noticed that most everyone lists their name under the user ids, and posters will address their name, but I've noticed that when I get a response, sometimes my user id is used, when my name is clearly underneath. It sort of makes me feel a little bit snubbed and off-putting. I've tried to be nice on the forum and everyone generally has been very nice...but my only complaint is please...could you use my name......Judy? I'm sorry if this may seem a little nic-picky, but I had to vent because it bothered me a little. Thank you for listening.

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  1:26:21 PM  Show Profile
I always try to use the name if it's listed. Just seems more personal.
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  7:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Judy, when you hit the Reply to Topic button, the usernames remain but the real names disappear. Just so you know that people might not really be snubbing you; they may not be able to remember if there are many responses to a thread.
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  09:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I'm sorry to hear you feel at all snubbed. It is certainly not anyone's intention. Mary Ann makes a valid point that has caught me a few times when responding. However, it is also charming when someone knows you by your username. I get stuck trying to remember two names and certainly hope people understand if I use the one I am more used to seeing...that red stands out so nicely and the names are so creative.

I will make an effort to address you by your given name, Judy. :) Please forgive me if I forget, I mean no insult.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  09:58:36 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone for your responses. I know no one has any intention of insulting or hurting anyone. This forum and the people on it are not that way. As I said, everyone has been very nice, and I enjoy participating and reading the posts. Again, I'm sorry if I was being too sensitive and nic-picky. Michelle, there's nothing to forgive....I'm sorry. Judy

Edited by - junkjunkie on Jun 26 2007 10:05:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:16:50 PM  Show Profile
Judy -- sorry you have felt left out. I always try to use the name as I think most others do too. But sometimes I only remember the user name so that's what I use. We're glad you're here and just jump right in with the rest of us and make yourself at home!

Visit my Etsy shop at http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  07:53:00 AM  Show Profile
Jusy - There are quite a few people aroung here who do not include their real name. I use both. I try to use real names but sometimes I am posting in respose to something written on a previous page and I forget the real name. Since most of you dont have a face to go with your name sometimes it is the creativity of the user name that sticks in my head. I am certain NO ONE meant to hurt anyones feelings or slight anyone in anyway. We are glad you are apart of the group. Even if your real name was JunkJunkie we would still love you! :)

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Huckelberrywine
True Blue Farmgirl

1607 Posts

Michelle
Rosalia
1607 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  08:47:24 AM  Show Profile
Big hug for Judy! If you were closer, I'd take you out for a girls day.

We make a difference.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  09:02:41 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone! You all are so sweet! I'm feelin' a little sheepish right now.... I appreciate it. Judy...aka....junkjunkie

Edited by - junkjunkie on Jun 27 2007 09:04:17 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Suggestions: Previous Topic user ids Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page