janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  4:16:15 PM  Show Profile
As soon as I drink coffee hot or cold I have to go. But anything wearm should do it even warm lemon water.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2007 :  1:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Ditto on the flax!

I eat a 1/4 cup twice a day mixed with some of that Ezekiel cereal. Fist serving is in my protein shake, second serving is at the end of the day under ice cream. I have been on this regimine for a little over 2 years and have had MUCH better results. If vacations interrupt the routine, I take a baggy and eat the mixture in yogurt or a small bit of regular milk.

Colon cancer runs on both sides of may family, so i'm really trying to push the fiber thing too.

I tried the metamucil and all the other psyllium based products too, but it just produced the same hard dookies just more frequently. (sorry)

Go to Top of Page

greyghost
True Blue Farmgirl

650 Posts

Lynn
Summerville Georgia
USA
650 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  6:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Click to see greyghost's MSN Messenger address
For immediate relief: Coffee!!! Works within the half hour, every time.

For something a little better, and easier on the body: go in your yard and pick some dandelions. Leaves, stems and flowers. They also act as a mild diuretic but actually add to your potassium levels rather than deplete them.
Go to Top of Page

jodyleek
Farmgirl in Training

37 Posts

Jody
Maple Plain MN
USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  11:17:28 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Annab

Ditto on the flax!

I double the ditto!!!

Flax seed, especially fresh ground flax seed. This also works great for babies who are starting to eat solids and become constipated. My son became very constipated when he started eating solids and we tried the old corn syrup remedy with no results. I also didn't like the thought of mixing sugar into his milk. I found the flax seed remedy on line and it worked like a charm. Also, great source for Omega 3 fatty acids.

Monroe's Mom
Go to Top of Page

ali2583
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Alison
Winnipeg Manitoba
Canada
404 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2007 :  12:03:00 PM  Show Profile
I agree with Lynn - coffee does it for me every time!

"God's gift to you is life. What you choose to do with that life is your gift to God"
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  1:54:26 PM  Show Profile
Doctor told me to try this : 3 tablespoons milk of magnesia ( do yourself a favor and get the cherry and keep it cold) and 1 tablespoon of cascara liquid. It works........ if you find that the cascara is to strong try just 1 tsp. but you mix it together and drink it down then drink a glass of water.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic constipation? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page