Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Here's to Your Health
 Hubby took me to an Herbal Healer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hubby took me to an Herbal Healer Next Topic  

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  6:50:24 PM  Show Profile
I have long suffered from severe headaches. I have been to my physician time and time again and he always says they are allergy related. However he has failed to give me anything that causes any kind of relief. I have tried multiple migrain meds, multiple allergy meds, nasal sprays, injections, etc. Nothing has helped. There is an herbal healer about an hour from our house and my hubby suprised me and took me to him yesterday. It was an amazing experiance. I went in and the guy meet with us in this little room. There was a beautiful picture window overlooking a BEAUTIFUL herb garden. There was calming newage type music playing in the background. He asked me my name and what my ailment was. I said, I am Julie and I get headaches. He proceded to go into some sort of meditative state. He would occasionally scribble some things on to a pad of paper. This went on for about 5 or 8 minutes.

He then gave me my "diagnosis". He said he believes I suffer from chronic bronchitis. I may experiance coughing or wheezing similat to asthma. I probably have incredible tension in my neck and shoulders and often experience tingling in my hands and arms upon waking in the morning as well as stiff elbow joints. HE said he believed the bronchitis was aggrevated by allergies and my body was unable to heal. He said I am carrying 12 POUNDS of water weight in my lungs because they are unable to drain properly and my headaches are mainly caused by the tension in my neck and shoulders that is caused from the excess water weight I am carrying.

I could not believe what he was saying! I knew he was right. Every symptom he said I was experiencing. Mind you all I told him was I get headaches. I have no idea how he determined the rest but I DONT CARE!!!! If he can help me feel better I am happy.

He perscribed me two supplements. One is a special blend that he make himself that is supposed to clear up the bronchitis. He also prescribed magnesium to help with muscle relaxation.

I will let you know how I feel in 30 days but it was a really cool experience.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  7:01:15 PM  Show Profile
You have a very thoughtful hubby.
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  9:25:15 PM  Show Profile
Julie, I wish the best for you! I know there are special souls in this world who are in tune with the messages that we mere mortals do not hear. Bless you, and bless your healer! Please do update us on your progress. FarmGirl Hugs, Judy

We come from the earth, we go back to the earth, and in between, we garden!
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4179 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4179 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  05:19:34 AM  Show Profile
Wow Julie, that sounds wonderful. I hope this works for you, and you get to feeling better. I will be watching for updates. Michele
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  05:56:46 AM  Show Profile
This sounds very intrigueing. Have you ever heard of kinesiology? Many years ago I had a friend who could do this. She could pinpoint problems in people where doctors couldn't. I find this all very fascinating and I hope you keep us posted on your progress. Magnesium is good for many ailments in our bodies. Thank you for sharing! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  10:18:02 PM  Show Profile
I've seen enough amazing things from non Western biomedical practitioners to know that there are many ways to heal and much more wholistic ways to treat illness than by just soothing the symptoms. Not all are what they say they are, which is what sometimes makes people shy away, but some are so good it's mind boggling. I know someone who's an excellent kinesiologist (dowser), too. She's helped me many times by telling me what supplements will help with a particular problem, how to get my ph balanced when it's not, what foods to avoid, and which ones I can eat that won't interfere with my body's natural healing abilities. Everyone is different of course, but I'll tell you what girls, sugar in general is a poison to our bodies and interferes with all kinds of our natural functions. Same thing with processed foods, fried foods, and refined flours. We all already know that, but does it stop us from eating those things? Usually not, until something drastic happens. I've taken dowsing classes from her, but I really don't feel I have talent for it. I can dowse (anyone can), but I'm almost always wrong! Julie, the fact that your intuition told you this person was right is a good sign. Best wishes for a rapid turn around.

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  10:19:50 PM  Show Profile
...and kudos to your hubby for being so open minded and caring.

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  12:14:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That was so sweet of your hubby! I am sure he wants you to get better! Let us know how your new doctor's prescription is working for you!

Alee

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

bramble
True Blue Farmgirl

2044 Posts

2044 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  7:14:08 PM  Show Profile
Julie- I hope this helps you and that you get the headaches under control. If you continue to get them, try eliminating a category of foods(meats, dairy,nuts, peanuts, etc...) for a two week period and see if something becomes glaringly obvious. We went through all kinds of testing with my son including allergy tests which revealed very little. We did a food journal and it became very obvious what he was responding to after he would slip and eat the offending food (peanuts,aged cheese and processed lunchmeat) which he did not show to have an "allergy" to. I hope your headaches are history very soon!

with a happy heart
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2007 :  06:25:17 AM  Show Profile
Thanks bramble that is a good idea. I will try that as well.

Jewelry, art, baskets, etc.
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  12:01:02 PM  Show Profile
Julie,
How are you feeling after your visit with the Herbal Healer?
I have an 80 year old neighbor who will not go to the white coat doctors and he knows he has diabetes and high blood pressure. I wish I could find an HerbalHealer for him to go to. He buys all kinds of "heal yourself naturally" books and the $$ he spends on them he could go to a reputable healer...how did your DH find the one for you?
Bless you and hope you're feeling better! Judy

Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  12:43:11 PM  Show Profile
You know what totally mystifies me about modern medicine? People get all hoity toity abuot it andwhen you mention natural healing, herbal healing, energy work ect. they get even worse. Where do they think medicine started from!? HERBS!
What a thoughtful and loving husband you must have to have taken you to this healer. Is he a shamanic herbalist? I hope you feel better and whatever it is that is ailing you goes away!!

Judith, you live in Spokane, there has got to be an herbal healer near you....I'm gonna google!

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://womonandsprout.wordpress.com
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
Birth is safe, interference is risky; TRUST BIRTH
Go to Top of Page

GaiasRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2552 Posts

Tasha-Rose
St. Paul Minnesota
2552 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  12:45:01 PM  Show Profile
Holistic healing in Spokane Washington: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&q=holistic+healing&near=Spokane,+WA&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1

~*~Brightest Blessings~*~
Tasha-Rose

Blogs: http://gaiarose.wordpress.com
http://womonandsprout.wordpress.com
Homepage:
http://ForestFaeries.etsy.com
Birth is safe, interference is risky; TRUST BIRTH
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  12:53:29 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, Tasha! I was thinking to do that myself, but you beat me to it. I'll try to get some more info on her and then see if he would try her out. She isn't too far from us either.
I know what you mean about the natural healing/white coat dilemma. I try to be very health-conscious and will go to the white coat if need be but for some things, there is nothing like a good chiropractor, massage therapist or accupuncturist. And of course, the right foods and herbs.
Take care, all!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  1:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How are you doing Julie?

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Hubby took me to an Herbal Healer Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page