Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Pic of my rhubarb & strawberry pie...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Pic of my rhubarb & strawberry pie... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  12:30:04 PM  Show Profile
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w33/horsephoto2000/Picture060RhubarbStrawberry.jpg

This was taken with my cell phone so it's a bit blurry. But at any rate, I'm proud of it and think it looked pretty good! Hubby sure liked it.

Winona

Don't sweat the small stuff...

http://goneridingagain.bravehost.com

EmmJay
True Blue Farmgirl

352 Posts

Mary Jane
Amherst Nova Scotia
Canada
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  7:38:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Winona, now I have to go and make a pie....

MJ

"Thank GOD I'm a country girl"
http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o134/EmmJay07/
Go to Top of Page

Runbikegrrl
True Blue Farmgirl

250 Posts

MaryAnn
Waterbury Ctr VT
USA
250 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  04:37:39 AM  Show Profile
Good looking pie....especially for your first one. BTW- love your tile counter tops!

"So many interests so little time!"

http://lovelifelivegrrl.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  05:35:37 AM  Show Profile
[ hi wiona the pie looks devine, i've been trying desperately to make a rhubarb pie, just plain one without it running what is your secret? please share it with me? jo~ comic Sans MS][/font=Comic Sans MS]

i thought love was all you needed? courage is needed too!
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  6:00:02 PM  Show Profile
Wiona - would you be willing to pass on your recipe for that lovely looking pie of yours? Bet your family really loved it.

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  10:23:40 PM  Show Profile
Yep, an old family secret...hehehe...just kidding!!

Actually, since I don't cook I haven't had a cookbook in years! So I went to Wmart and browsed thru their collection. I bought "The Joy of Cooking" and got the recipte from there. It was the only cookbook that had a rhubarb AND strawberry recipe, the others didn't. Also, it was the only recipe book that went into great detail about baking, way more so than the others, altho I'm sure they are good for more experienced bakers.

I didn't make the crust, bought it in a box in the section with biscuits too. My recipe said to always use a glass pie pan, never aluminum...so maybe that had something to do with it. I thought the top crust came out nicely browned. I brushed milk on it (I didn't have a brush so used my fingertips...I figgered that whatever bugs were on my fingers would get killed in the over...only a horsiegirl would think like that!) and then sprinkled with sugar. Really came out better than I thought.

I'd repeat the recipe here but I'm in OH and my cookbook is home in OR!! Thanks for the compliments!! :-)

Oh about the tile...I live in a huge 5th wheel and that's the counter the pie is sitting on. It's an older 5th wheel but 'back in it's day' it must have cost a pretty penny. It has real wood, not veneer, and the tile you see. Everything is first rate in it. Really comfy too.

Winona ;-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

http://goneridingagain.bravehost.com

Edited by - goneriding on Jun 25 2007 10:27:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  5:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Yummie!!! And thank you for letting us know where you got the recipe!!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page

LJRphoto
True Blue Farmgirl

760 Posts

Laura
Hickory Corners MI
USA
760 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  1:30:03 PM  Show Profile
I love my copy of The Joy of Cooking. It's a necessary basic. It even has instructions on how to prepare squirrel!

Your pie looks lovely. Looks like you did a really nice job on the crust which is no small feat!

"I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority." -E. B. White

http://www.betweenthecities.com/blog/ljr/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  2:35:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
It looks yummy, Winona. I'm getting ready to leave my office and go out to dinner with my dh and my dad - and I was trying to think I could be a good girl and not order dessert-too late now, girl! My mouth is all set for PIE! :D

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?" - 'Brother Dave' Gardner
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2007 :  5:16:23 PM  Show Profile
Winona, your pie looks delicious!!! Great picture from your cell phone to!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

The Beehive Cottage~
est. 1971
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  2:11:54 PM  Show Profile
Winona, thanks for the info on where the recipe came from. Gave my copy to my daughter a long time ago - think I'll have to ask for it back or buy me another book. It's just one of those cookbooks that will always be a good standby no matter how many other's you have. Will check it out.

What kind of 5th wheel do you have? We lived in one for 3 years while we were getting our house planned out and built and before that we full-timed it for 2 years. We now have it up for sale. It's a 2000 Teton.

Have to tell you that I can across the best banana bread recipe - DH raved about it so I know it was good. Came out of one of Paula Dean's cookbooks. I almost thought that I didn't bake it long enough because it came out so moist and stayed moist. It's the BEST recipe I've come across for banana bread in years.

Peace and love.
Annie
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Pic of my rhubarb & strawberry pie... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page