mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:09:09 AM  Show Profile
Laura - we visit Costco in Olympia - about 30 minutes away. My DH kinda goes crazy there too. Although I went without him last week and spent almost as much. Got the things I'd been holding off on I guess. One thing that bugs me though, is that some things are there one week and gone the next. I needed a new canopy for my business and looked at Costco, went to their business center in Fife, and went online to their online catalog. Nothing. I knew they had them in the past, but nothing when I needed one. So, I needed it for an upcoming show so I ordered it from the EZUp company out of California. Paid almost $50 in freight. Wouldn't you know, the very next time I went to Costco, they had them.
Go to Top of Page

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:17:00 AM  Show Profile
hmm, I buy it so little, because it's such huge quanities, I did forget, I do get my salt, splenda, spices, and tp there too! And yes a lot of vinegar! lol And baking soda. (my main forms of cleaning!).
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:32:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I love buying Costco TP! I haven't had to buy a new pack for a year! LOL With just the two of us here, it can last a long time!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Hideaway Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1553 Posts

Jo
Virginia
USA
1553 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:35:37 AM  Show Profile
I have three Costco stores located within 30 miles of either my workplace or home (which are 30 miles apart from each other) but I only go there every 3-4 months, and I really stock up each time. DH and I are the only ones, but I spend $300 or more each time I go. I usually stock the staples, some produce (their romaine lettuce comes in a 5-pack but it is always so fresh and lasts about 3 weeks in the fridge, just long enough for us to go through it. The AVO guacomole is an awesome buy, getting a four-pack for a little over what two packs cost at the grocery store. I've also been pleased with the Kirland/Borghese makeup they started carrying last year. A lifelong Mary Kay user, I made the switch and found the prices and the product terrific.

I just bought my contact lenses there for the first time; they beat the prices at 1-800-contacts.com and my optician's office price.

We also just went through the refinance process with COSTCO/Lending Tree (where you get a $200-$300 cash card to use at COSTCO after closing).Although we ended up staying with our current lender after getting a comparable term, I highly recommend that program. They have better disccounts/rebates when you are buying/selling a house, too.

My m.o. is to hit the store on a weekend as the doors open, fill my cart to bursting, haul it all home and then spend the rest of the day unpacking/rewrapping items into smaller "meals for 2-3" packages. DH takes dinner's leftovers for lunch the next day so I generally cook for three.

Great to hear what you are all doing at COSTCO!

Jo

"There are no strangers here, only friends you've yet to meet."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Costco shoppers? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page