Page: of 2

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  08:54:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
About 6 months ago I found a book called The Wedding Ring and LOVED it. I read it in 3 days. Well the other day I was at the book store searching for something that grabbed me, I found a book called Lovers Knot. Well It has a picture of a beautiful quilt on the front so it obviously was for ME! lol. It is by the same Author of the Wedding Ring!! Turns out there is a whole series of these well only 4 as of right now but still! They are a little romance with a little peak of history into this "fake" town and lives of people. I loved it and got totally lost in it. I give it a 10!!! I totally recomend it.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  09:29:18 AM  Show Profile
I love Emilie Richards as well. Did you know there are companion books, called Quilting with Emlie Richards - one for each novel. They are a how-to book for the quilt featured in that book, with references to the novels kinda mingled in. I like them.
Go to Top of Page

Firemama
True Blue Farmgirl

1731 Posts

Amanda
Medical Lake WA
USA
1731 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  12:19:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Firemama a Yahoo! Message
Nooooo I didnt know that! I will have to look for them too I guess,lol.

Mommy to 2
Your FreckleFaced Farm Girl!!
Help when you can, Pray when you can't.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  1:55:45 PM  Show Profile
I love them too!! Can't wait to read the latest one...Touching Stars. The first three I read were all wonderful!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  2:08:53 PM  Show Profile
I have seen the workbooks (companions) at books stores like Barnes and Nobel and Borders, as well as at quilt shops.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  6:12:41 PM  Show Profile
I just got the workbook for Wedding Ring today!! I was so excited to see it at my quilt shop!! She has everything there though, so I guess I should not be too surprised (it's an awesome shop owned by a local woman who loves our town). I am almost done reading Endless Chain, which is wonderful. Will have to run out to get the next book in the series next week. I am on VACATION for the summer now. Will do a little tutoring and will landscape with my dh when he needs me, but nothing pressing, no time restraints...my own time!! YAY!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  6:26:42 PM  Show Profile
I havn't seen the workbooks yet but we live in the boonies..I will sure be looking for them on my next trip to the big city!!!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  11:21:54 PM  Show Profile
Oh, I loved this author too, after the lovely Aunt Jenny sent me the first one in the series! I still haven't seen them here in Oz and certainly haven't seen the workbooks - they sound great! The other series I love is the Elm Creek series and I think there is a quilting book to go with them too. Has anyone seen it? Did they think it was good?
Best wishes and happy reading (and quilting!),
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  11:35:34 PM  Show Profile
YOu know what, Jayne...I meant to send you Endless Chain...if you still havn't read it I will locate it and send it to you soon. I am going through my bookshelves this week while re-doing my bedroom..where most of my books live...and would love to send it off to you. I had to check out Lover's knot from the library. If you still want to read Endless chain..email me your address and I will do that.
I havn't seen the workbook to go with the Elm creek books in person yet, either..but sure loved the books!! I did get the workbook to go with the Earlene Fowler books (quilt mysteries..loved them too!!)

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  11:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Okay, farmchicks, the first one is WEdding ring, or have I got that mixed up and it is by Emilie Richards. What are the other ones in the series.
Also loved reading Earlene Fowler's books.
I just lve reading. Thanks for the info.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  12:13:45 AM  Show Profile
After Wedding Ring is Endless Chain, then Lover's Knot, and Touching Stars just came out.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  3:03:10 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Jenny

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  7:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Jenny,
I would love to read Endless Chain - thanks so much for thinking of me! I will send you my address.
Thanks a bunch,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  5:22:56 PM  Show Profile
I'm in the middle of Endless chain and think anyone would enjoy it. Wedding Ring was awful good!
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  12:09:15 AM  Show Profile
I read the wedding ring, i'm going to the used book store tomorrow and look for her other books

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  9:56:51 PM  Show Profile
Guess what was at the library today,
The Wedding ring, the endless Chain, Guess what I will be reading.
CS

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  1:31:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I have to say that Wedding Ring was better than Endless Chain. What did evryone else think?
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2007 :  2:54:57 PM  Show Profile
REally, I liked them about equally..just very different stories..Lover's knot is another whole different thing too..but I like them all.
Jayne..found your address AND the book..will send it off tomorrow..no mail service today.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  06:24:28 AM  Show Profile
I thought they were both very good books, even though they were different. I am reading the other two sometime during the fall since I am reading GONE WITH THE WIND right now.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2007 :  1:32:42 PM  Show Profile
oh..that is one I haven't read in a long while..and I do love that book.....hmmmmmm I may have to make a library run today!!

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  11:52:11 AM  Show Profile
Jenny: I am more than half way done! Oh is it so good!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  5:58:02 PM  Show Profile
So enjoyed reading both The Wedding Ring and The Endless Chain. I realized why the Wedding Ring sounded familiar, I had read it before and really enjoyed it, reading it again was just as good. I like both the books, the just dealt with different issues. Looking forward to the 3rd one.
Thanks for recommending it.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

daffodil dreamer
True Blue Farmgirl

805 Posts

Jayne
Hamilton Victoria
Australia
805 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  04:12:55 AM  Show Profile
Jenny,
Thank you so much for the book. It arrived the day after a bad event for me and it was so appreciated.
Thanks for thinking of me. Best wishes,
Jayne
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2007 :  09:07:20 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad it got there okay for ya!! I don't have the next one in the series..I read it from the library..but if I ever see it used somewhere I will sure snatch it up for ya. I plan to get the last one as soon as I can.

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page

Canadian farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Lori
Ontario
Canada
482 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  12:24:14 PM  Show Profile
Emilie Richards is great! Just thought you might like another author who writes about quilting, she's Jennifer Chiaverini, and she has a 10-book series called Elm Creek Quilts. Give her a try, after you've read all the Emilie Richards quilting series!

Do you like knitting? Debbie Macomber has a series, The Shop on Blossom Street, and A Good Yarn, that you'd probably like, too.

Lori
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2007 :  2:44:05 PM  Show Profile
Lori..I agree...great books..in fact I have the last Elm Creek Quilt book if anyone needs to borrow it I would be happy to loan it out...

Jenny in Utah
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Emilie Richards Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page