Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Found a little home.... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  7:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
We did find a small 3/1 home in a cookie cutter neighborhood, but it does border some beautiful farmland. The house is quite cute, sits on a small lot, but enough to grow some veggies, let the dog and DS run and still have some room to stretch out. The house is easy to maintain and being new, no major headaches. It is temporary until my DH makes the switch out of the military in CA to permanent life in TX. I am so excited. We completely move in on August 1st. YIPEEE!! I am so happy.

On a sad note, we returned home to CA to finish packing and clean out our current home and found someone had thrown dog POO onto out patio and patio door and someone mowed down my tomato plants with a whipper...I was so sad- I had 4 large plants and about 30 tomatoes growing. We told housing but they really can't do anything. We are just glad I left my Jeep in the garage while we were gone. God only knows what they would have done.

Anywho- we are out of here in 5 weeks, me for good and DH to follow next year. YIPEE!! I am almost an official Texas girl.

YEAH!!!

Cheers,
Heather

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  7:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yah Heather! I know the move will be so much better for you! Is your DH going to come visit? How long between seeing him?

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  7:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
BTW- I am really sad to hear about your tomatoes! That would really make me mad and upset! Who would hate tomatoes?!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  7:36:03 PM  Show Profile
Mowing down tomatoes? That is a crime against all humanity!! So glad that you are moving soon. Congrats on finding a place. I know you are so relieved, I can "hear" it in your words!!

Happy packing and have a safe move!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  7:47:15 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Yes!! MY poor little tomatoes and they were my FIRST plants I have ever grown on my own...but onto new beginnings!! DH will fly out as often as he can. He has one more deployment coming up next Spring but we are trying to get him out of it...keep your fingers crossed. He wants to apply to the police academy and maybe he will be able to get out early if he is accepted. That would be aweseome!!! It will be hard until he gets out, but we have been through a lot worse. (Long story, both on deployment, crazy military hours and needs....etc!!!!))

We know who killed the tomatoes and threw the poop but we can't prove it so we will just leave quietly. So sad because we live on a military base, supposedly a safe place to be....

Cheers,
Heather
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  10:49:44 PM  Show Profile
Heather, so HAPPY you bought a home and so very sad about your tomatoes. Your move to Texas sounds like it will be a wonderful move for you and how blessed you are to be close to some pretty farm land! Remember as your unpack your boxes in your new home..."A House is a Home Where Love Dwells!" Plant some tomotoes first thing!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever"!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  7:39:05 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
Yeah you have a home and can look out at farmland. So glad you found a place. Major bummer about the tomatoes. I agree plant some first thing when you get to Texas. I am so happy for you. Will be praying for you and your dh for his early release and the ability to be able to spend time together as much as possible considering the circumstances.
Smile, it makes me so glad you have a home.

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  8:04:29 PM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thank you all!! I am so excited....I can hardly wait to move out of here!!! I will try and post pics when I get some time. I need a few ideas for gardens/landscaping/decore..etc...

Cheers,

Heather
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  12:52:24 PM  Show Profile
Another farmgirl owns a home, yippie and good for you! Can't wait to see some photos! Good luck!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  06:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Congratulations on your new home. Sorry some sad and unhappy person destroyed your wonderful tomato plants. And the dog poo? Sick. You are to be commending for just wanting to leave "quietly" although you know who did it. People like that usually thrive on turmoil and negativity and your decision not to react to this in anger shows the guilty party that you refuse to be pulled into the mud with them. When you leave, tape a note on the same door and tell them you will pray for them. Just a suggestion. I will say a prayer for you and those sad people.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Cottage
True Blue Farmgirl

273 Posts

Ellen

USA
273 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  06:56:14 AM  Show Profile
Congrats on your new home-it sounds like it will be so good for you to get there and away from whoever it was that killed your tomatoes and did the yucky poo thing.
All the best on your move! :)
Ellen
Go to Top of Page

Buttercup
True Blue Farmgirl

1433 Posts

Talitha
Vermont
USA
1433 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  5:36:56 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Buttercup's MSN Messenger address
Congratulations on the new home!! it sounds perfect! I can't wait to see the pictures!
Hugz!
Talitha

"If we could maintain the wonder of childhood and at the same time grasp the wisdom of age, what wonder,what wisdom,what life would be ours"
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Found a little home.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page