Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 dolly apron makin' day at cabin creek farm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic dolly apron makin' day at cabin creek farm Next Topic  

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:11:37 AM  Show Profile

OH LORDY GURLFRENZ! IT'S THE DAY BEFORE OUR FARM-GURL GATHERIN' .. AND I'VE ONLY HEARD BACK FROM ONE OF YOU. SOOOOOOOOO .. METHINKS I'LL CHANGE THE DATE .. AND HEAD 'EAST TOWARDS BEREA' TO DO SOME ANTIQUING INSTEAD. SEE NEW DATE BELOW: ABSOLUUUUUUTELY MUS' HEAR BACK FROM YOU A GOOD TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE GATHERING .. SO THAT I WILL KEEP MY BUTT HERE TO GREET YOU AT THE DOOR!

HOWSOMESOEVER .. EF'FEN YOU'D LIKE TO TAG ALONG WITH ME ON MY 'ADVENTURE' TO BEREA .. LET ME KNOW RIGHT AWAY .. AND YOU CAN MEET ME HERE .. THE "TRAIN WILL BE LEAVIN' THE STATION" AT 8:00 A.M. (CENTRAL TIME) .. THAT'S 9:00 A.M. FOR YOU 'EASTERN TIME' GURLFRENZ.

THE 'NEW DATE' FOR OUR GATHERING TO MAKE THOSE LITTLE 'APRON-ETTES' WILL BE:

SATURDAY, JULY 21.

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE LET ME KNOW IF YOU WILL BE JOINING US BY THE FIRST WEEK IN JULY.

CABIN CREEK FARM

FARM-GURLFRENZ GATHERING

SATURDAY, JULY 21
(sun-up to sun-down)

"honey-hunk" will be in California gathering with some olde Marine Corp buddies in July and i thunk t'would be a grande time
to plan a 'gurlfren gathering'.

All you 'farm girls' and 'wanna-be' farmgirls'
(oh yeah!!! you city sisters are sure welcome too!)

Let's get together here at Cabin Creek Farm in the very heart of Kentucky (Green County) ... one hour south of Louisville ...
and have a fun day of 'creativity'.

I was thinking it would be a 'good sewie time' together!
On that day, we will all make lots of fun little 'dolly-size'
FARMGIRL APRONS!

(plan on making ONE EXTRA for MARY JANE at MARY JANE's FARM!!)
I'll gather them up and send them to her by pony express to Idaho!

No 'new-fangled' sewing 'machine' contraptions allowed!
These will all be 'hand-did'.

Jus' bring your 'hand-sewing kit' .. scissors, needles, threads,
bits and bobs of laces or olde linens or any other 'embellishments' you might want to use as 'pockets' or edgings or apron strings!
Bring a 'smattering' of fabrics in your favorite colors and patterns.

FAT QUARTERS are great for these .. or even jus' a quarter yard cut off the bolt. You don't need much .. and mayhaps we can swap and trade fabric chunks with each other too!
This is not a 'contest' to see who can make the 'most' .. or 'most WOW' aprons .. this is a day to share our ideas and friendship.

OH MY YES!!!! there will be a 'costume':
Wear your favorite APRON!!!
And if you have a 'story' to tell of it .. that would be great .. or any 'remembrance of aprons being worn by your mom or grammies!

AND .. bring a 'treat' to share .. it can be sweet or salty, ...
'healthy' OR 'gooey chocolaty'!

I'll conjure up some tea and 'sammies' for lunch that day .. and you can build in some time for a 'walk in the woods' .. lounging in the hammock under the apple trees .. or rocking on the back porch and visiting.

Come early .. come late .. whatever your schedule allows! We'll be hangin' out from sun-up to sun-down!

I do have plans to visit a friend Sunday, July 22 this time .. sooo .. won't be able to take guests Saturday night like i had hoped to do in June .. but i sure do hope you can join us for the day on Saturday, July 21.

Oh .. do bring a friend or twelve along with you too!

If you have any questions or suggestions, jus' let me know.

AND .. remember ... pleeeeeeeeeeeeze let me know by the first week in JULY if you will be joining us .. cuz' you know me .. the grass does not grow under my feet .. and i could head outta' town that Friday or Saturday if i don't have a house-full of friends heading this way!

xo, frannie

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:26:55 AM  Show Profile
Oh, how I wish I could join you. Sounds divine! But, a bit of a commute for me I'm afraid.
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:35:40 AM  Show Profile
someday sweet sherri!!!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic dolly apron makin' day at cabin creek farm Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page