Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Mini Doxies and unsalted butter sticks...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Mini Doxies and unsalted butter sticks... Next Topic  

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  6:17:23 PM  Show Profile
Welp, I finally did it and baked my hubby his favorite rhubarb and strawberry pie...the first thing baked in my new oven!!

So we went to the store and I bought all the supplies as I don't have anything in my cupboards and got 4 sticks of unsalted butter. So on the way home, it was really late...like 11pm..., we thought we'd stop by the restaurant to grab a bite and 'thought' we put everything in the bed of the pickup, then went in to eat.

After we ate, we tootled out to the pickup and the first thing we noticed was the butter pack was MISSING 2 1/2 sticks of butter!! Oh, geez... So hubby started the pickup and about 30 seconds later, the baby (Katie) upchucked all over the seat and my leg!! So he drove like all get out to our house (which is 25 miles away...) and I broke open the paper towels and tried to wipe it up.

Oy vey, the smell!! We finally found Nature's Miracle and literally poured it on the seat and it took most of the smell out. My pants now have a permanent bleach spot where Katie did her thing, poor baby.

Life goes on...hehehe...

Winona

Don't sweat the small stuff...

http://goneridingagain.bravehost.com

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  6:19:30 PM  Show Profile
We have 2 mini doxies. They eat anything and everything, don't they?
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  6:23:33 PM  Show Profile
Pain in the necks...that's all I can say!! But I sure do love them, my babies!!!

Winona ;-)

Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:03:02 AM  Show Profile
When I was a kid (many years ago) we had a Dachshund named 'Pretzel'. My mother came back from grocery shopping and was unloading the bags from the car to the house. She discovered that a box of sugared donuts was missing and couldn't figure out why, unless the store didn't pack them. All of a sudden, Pretzel shows up with white sugar all over his face, licking his chops. That's was happened to the donuts....little stinker!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:08:59 AM  Show Profile
I believe it - they truly live to eat. I thought our old one was going to die a couple of months ago. My daughter and I made homemade tofu and we saved the bean pulp that was left to make tempeh. Well, it got shoved to the back of the fridge, and when I remembered it it had soured. I threw it in the garbage and didn't think anymore about it. My son brought his beagle over and we went to town so we both put our dogs in the garage to stay while we were gone. Peaches the beagle got into the garbage and drug everything out on the floor. Ari, my doxie, ate the spoiled bean pulp and he blew up like a big baloon or blimp. Those soybeans put out so much gas I thought he was going to explode. It took a few days for him to return to normal.
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:14:43 AM  Show Profile
Sherri- I'm sorry, but I had to laugh when I read that. That is so funny! I'm glad Ari is ok now, but if I remember dogs and gas, that must have been a little tough to breathe. lol!
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:19:24 AM  Show Profile
Now that he pulled through, it can say it WAS funny. I'm sure he fought for the stuff and wouldn't let the other dogs at it and boy did he pay for his piggishness. Like you say, with dogs and gas, we ALL paid for a couple of days. BTW, he's 14 years old!

Edited by - mikesgirl on Jun 22 2007 06:20:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

junkjunkie
True Blue Farmgirl

1306 Posts

Judy
Lawrenceville NJ
USA
1306 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:27:26 AM  Show Profile
God bless him! They are little stinkers, but cute! He's made it to a ripe old age.
Go to Top of Page

Patsy
True Blue Farmgirl

592 Posts

Illinois
USA
592 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:49:36 AM  Show Profile
We had a mini too and years ago my mom had bought a broasted chicken from the market and none of us like it so she put it in the trash. We went to an auction that night and when we got home, the trash was all over the floor and our littly guy, Toad, had eaten the whole chicken, bones and all. He was as round as he was tall. My dad took him out and walked him and walked him and he finally threw up most of it.

Another time, we had little bite sized cheese balls wrapped in plastic wrap on the coffee table. One day, they were all missing. He had eaten probably 20 of them. Again dad took him out and walked him and walked him. The gross thing was when he "passed" them, the celophane didn't come out all the way so dad had to help pick that out. Gross, makes me gag. They do eat everything and anything.

ALso he once ate a rock that wouldn't pass and had to get it operated on to get it out. And another time he was hit by the garbage truck (he was a tire biter) and broke his leg and another operation ensued.

He lived to be 14 years of age.

May God bless those who love the soil,

Patsy

Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  10:43:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh, you guys are so funny with your stories!! I just had to take pause and think "Oh jeez, and I bought mini doxies??". What was I thinking?? They are definintely different as I've always had cowdogs who just knew how to mind since birth. My hubby said they live forever too and so we are stuck with them prob till the day we die but I'll love them forever. They are my babies...and have clothes and jewelry too...hehehe...

Winona :-)

Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  1:21:57 PM  Show Profile
We had a beagle, Clementine, that managed to get up on the kitchen counter via the breakfast bar and eat an entire 10 pound frozen roast. I had left it out to thaw and she got to it while I was out running errands. That also answered the question of "who" was leaving empty cookie packages on the counter. No wonder she weighed so much.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  2:07:13 PM  Show Profile
10 lbs of meat in a beagle Kathy!! And I thought Ari was a piggy. He weighs 13 lbs. = your dog ate almost as much as my dog weighs!
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  06:32:26 AM  Show Profile
Our Beagle was quite a chub! I couldn't figure out why as she ate what the other dogs ate, until I found out she was our counter thief. Man was she sick after eating that roast, but did she learn anything from it NO. I wonder what the other two dogs thought as she was eating that roast.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  2:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow! I can't imagine a beagle eating 10lbs of food! Sometimes it is so funny how our pets can be such gluttons!

My dog Sky eats my things as a punishment to me when I leave her for too long, like when I go on trips to Wyoming without her. Last time I was gone for 2 weeks, she ate a bunch of my ceramic figurines!! Yup. Chewed up and swallowed them! My fiance thought we were going to have to get her operated on or put to sleep. But luckily everything passed. It is amazing what their bodies can process!

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2007 :  4:33:46 PM  Show Profile
We have friends whose goldens eat rocks. The husband said it was a shame that they didn't poop concrete.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  7:59:53 PM  Show Profile
My FAVORITE commercial is an old Sprint (cellphone) one. Remember the frazzled cowboy standing in a corral, surrounded by dozens and dozens of yapping, ankle-biting dachshunds. His comment -- "I ordered 200 oxen, and they sent me all these wiener dogs!"

Maybe you had to be there - but it was hilarious!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  9:01:46 PM  Show Profile
I am laughing out loud remembering that commercial. Yes it was hilarious! Thanks for reminding me. I have a min-pin that I inherited from my daughter since she joined the army. He is my 12 inch high granddog named Snoop. He is spoiled rotten and I made him that way. He is so animated. For example: when he is ready to eat and I don't put his food out right at that moment,he goes nuts. He kicks his food bowl from one end of the kitchen to the other all the while he is yapping wildly. If I don't fill his bowl up right then, he grabs the bowl with his teeth and slings it across the floor. You can't imagine how funny this is! Rotten. We love this little show off.
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Mini Doxies and unsalted butter sticks... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page