Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 anthropomorphic vintage fruits veggies and dishes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic anthropomorphic vintage fruits veggies and dishes Next Topic  

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  7:20:04 PM  Show Profile
I just love the old vintage anthropomorphic designs. Since they typically are 60-70 ys old, and I would be too afraid to take an Iron to them... I was thinking about scanning them and compiling them in files so I can print, trace and stitch.I would love to have a whole drawer full of different towels with these images. So I have been a bidding fool on ebay... bidding on whole lots just to get one set. Crazy!

What images are you wild about to stitch.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."

nut4fabric
True Blue Farmgirl

885 Posts

Kathy
Morgan Hill CA
USA
885 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  09:43:21 AM  Show Profile
So we have probably been bidding against each other. LOL I have quite a few vintage ones if you would like I can make copies and send them to you. I have used them with the iron and the work fine and are still in good shape after being used.
Hugs, Kathy
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  09:45:42 AM  Show Profile
Hey guys, can one of you post a pic of these - I'm not sure what you're talking about and it sounds cool.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  5:56:14 PM  Show Profile
Please, can someone tell me what this is - "anthropomorphic designs"? thanks
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  8:59:55 PM  Show Profile
I bought some vintage kitten days of the week transfers and I didn't want to use the originals, so I bought a heat-transfer pencil and tracing paper and copied them that way. It worked really well...and now I have a bunch of tracing paper and the pencil to make my own or copy other ones whenever I want.

mikesgirl-

anthropomorphic 1. ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, esp. to a deity.
2. resembling or made to resemble a human form

Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

janetinva123
True Blue Farmgirl

363 Posts

Janet
newport news va
USA
363 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  9:11:27 PM  Show Profile
I love that kind of embroidery, I have a ton of patterns that I have purchased for machine embroidery. I also have some iron on transfers but not as many. I like to collect them too.

Jc
http://beloved-creations.blogspot.com
http://beloved-creations.com

Edited by - janetinva123 on Jun 23 2007 9:12:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2007 :  10:17:00 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Faith! I guess I could have looked that up for myself couldn't I!! I think I know what it is now - vegetable people.
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  12:47:43 AM  Show Profile
Sometimes it's just more fun to ask someone else!
The only reason I posted the actual dictionary definition is because I was having trouble explaining it in a brief way.

Have a lovely!
Faith

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  01:36:45 AM  Show Profile
I remember my beloved grandma's kitchen having veggie people towels...when I dried her dishes and we talked I loved to see what the fresh towel she put out would have on it. She also had a few with roosters that had calico appliqued wings and combs and wattles..real cute.

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  07:37:13 AM  Show Profile
What a great memory, I just love all of the animated designs.... I think they are so fun.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  1:41:57 PM  Show Profile
OK I know you probably know this, but what about Patternbee? They are repos of the original. I have ordered from there and love them--and you don't have to trace. Here is the lik if you don't know it:
www.patternbee.com

Merle
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  12:35:38 PM  Show Profile
Thanks I am going to check them out.

E-

Go to Top of Page

kreativeblonde
True Blue Farmgirl

135 Posts

Amanda
Summerland Ca
USA
135 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  7:51:45 PM  Show Profile
I have some old transfers from the 40's and 50's that were included in a batch of sewing patterns that I got from ebay a few years back. I tried to iron some of them about a month ago when I decided I just HAD to do some hand work. Needless to say after so many years the ink just didn't iron nor transfer. I checked out the pattern bee website and it's just perfect! Now i just have to figure out which one I want to start with. Thanks for the link!
Amanda

Too much of a good thing is wonderful.
Mae West
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2007 :  10:10:41 PM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo I just won a lot off ebay! I was planning on tracing them anyways. I have a hard time taking an Iron to a piece of paper that is that old. I just ordered 20 tea towels.... so I will be ready to go!

E-

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  10:55:54 PM  Show Profile
Way to go Elizabeth!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  11:12:06 PM  Show Profile
a stiching you will go
a stiching you will go
Hi Ho the diary-o
a stiching you will go

Have fun Elizabeth

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic anthropomorphic vintage fruits veggies and dishes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page