Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Who's crocheting anything?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Who's crocheting anything? Next Topic
Page: of 3

CelticCoyote
True Blue Farmgirl

111 Posts

Heather
Illinois
USA
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2005 :  07:19:20 AM  Show Profile
I've finally finished the purple couch blankie for my youngest son. It took WAAAAY longer than it should have! It's been too warm here for him to use it yet, so it's been folded on a corner of the couch...and the cat has adopted it. She loves up on that thing every chance she gets...she kneads her paws into it as if her life depended on it. One of my next projects is a knitted Homespun cat bed (it's the pet bed on Lion Brand's website), so she can have a blankie of her very own. In the meantime, I'm currently working on a cotton trivet for my mommy, in a neato spiraly Bosnian pattern. It was sort of confusing at first, but once I got the hang of it, the going became pretty easy. It's entirely done in slip stitch, though, so it's sorta slow to grow, if you know what I mean.
Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  8:12:23 PM  Show Profile
I did some crocheting when I was a very younggirl and have just started back at age 52. Wow, I love it more than ever. I have made a dozen dishcloths, two scarfs, and am now working on a bedspread. It is so calming. I too crochet while watching t.v. I had trouble reading the patterns at first but a local lady who has a lifetime of experience crocheting sat down with me and helped me to understand how to follow the patternsand now I've got it. I am thrilled to see the resurgence of neeledwork. I have also taken up embroidery. Just finished some lovely pillowcases. Tracy
Go to Top of Page

sunflowergal
Farmgirl at Heart

7 Posts

Jennifer
Olalla WA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  08:32:52 AM  Show Profile
I just started crocheting garments this year and have really enjoyed it.

It all started with my son picking out some yarn at a craft store. I decided to make him a hoodie out of it, but the pattern I had was for knitting. Being adventurous, I followed the pattern, but crocheted it instead. The hood was the hardest part, but it turned out and he loved it.

After that project, I determined that I chould read other clothing patterns and set out to make things for my baby to be. I made a sleeper, a romper, and numerous hats. I have also beem making shawls and a poncho to wear while nursing.

Crocheting has been very helpful in keeping me occupied at numerous apts. and gives me something I can do while watching TV. I love the feeling of accomplishing something that I can see completed.

I was born after my time.
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  11:43:46 AM  Show Profile
For now all I can make is dishcloths but will get around to teaching myself more there just is not enough hours in a day for all I want to accomplish!

Edited by - cinnamongirl on May 31 2007 11:44:37 AM
Go to Top of Page

vintagegrl
True Blue Farmgirl

280 Posts

Jeanette
NH
USA
280 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  12:14:15 PM  Show Profile
I'm midway through a shawl using no. 10 cotton thread and a doily pattern. This is my 5th one, I crochet while watching TV.
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  1:24:57 PM  Show Profile
I recently did a shawl, have a messenger bag (to be felted afterwards) in progress, and just a few minutes ago finished a baby dragon.

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  4:46:51 PM  Show Profile
Here's what I've been working on - I have made about 90 of them in the last month of so. I sell them at craft shows and sold about 65 at the last one, so my supply is depleted! I think I could make them in my sleep now! Hope this works, I've never tried photobucket before!
IMG_0040.JPG
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  4:51:51 PM  Show Profile
Nope - didn't work. I will try something different
I'll practice in the practice area first.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  4:54:17 PM  Show Profile
One more try..........
IMG]http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x281/mikesgirl_012/IMG_0040.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  5:57:24 PM  Show Profile
I'm currently working on another cotton-net grocery sack. I've sold 3 now, and have 7 more made to sell already, with this next one in the works. Pics can be seen on my blog: http://dragonflysmusings.blogspot.com/2007/05/some-creativity-hard-work.html#comments It's a pattern I came up with while making myself some reusable grocery bags over the last couple of years, and I finally got my pattern worked out to what I think is the perfect bag. The shoulder/carrying strap is very sturdy, and wide enough to spread the weight of the load, the bag is crocheted in the round until you get to the handle, and the whole thing is done in one piece.

I've got some afghans in the works, though not actively, as well as a filet-crochet owl wall-hanging that I should be working on, but don't seem to find the drive for.

A local friend just showed me her favorite pot-holder pattern that's crocheted in one piece, in the round. And I've been having fun with that as well.
Go to Top of Page

JeannieC
Farmgirl in Training

46 Posts

Jeanne
Wylie Texas
USA
46 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  6:04:33 PM  Show Profile
Sherri, that's adorable, I love it!
Everyone's projects sound so nice. :-D
Right now I'm working on two baby afghans, one is yellow (I bought the yarn before my son and his wife had the ultrasound), another afghan will be a variety of pinks whites, lavenders and light blues. They will be having a girl, but now I've also started a third afghan in light violet color too. I hope I can get all of these done before she's born in July, LOL!
I just finished a pair of yellow baby booties over the weekend. I haven't made those since my son was born, 26 years ago! I guess you never really forget how to make booties, lol !
:-D

Hugs..
Jeannie

~ Jeannie and Jim's Little Country Acre ~ http://countrygranny.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  6:41:03 PM  Show Profile
Jeanne, Thanks for the compliment on the hat. I had to run out and buy yarn the day I found out my dd was pregnant too. I made a white afghan, then a blue one after I found out he was a boy!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  8:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am finishing up a little blanket to give to someone special! :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

sleepless reader
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

CA
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  8:14:22 PM  Show Profile
I'm making these little coin purses. Very old-fashioned, thread crochet. I'm also making ones that are a bit larger and would hold a credit card and/or driver's license. Chapstick holders too. Trying to raise funds for a cross-country trip in the fall. Many bake sales, yard sales and coin purses in my future!!!
Sharon

Life is messy. Wear your apron!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  06:53:23 AM  Show Profile
Those are totally cute bags, Kati. I have been working on a twin size afghan for 6 years, I need to finish it, but I am only marginally fast at crochetting, so...here's to another 6 years. I do not work on it often, but it is the one project that sits in the sewing closet and haunts me. Otherwise, washcloths/dishcloths/facecloths. Glad everyone is staying busy. Jess
Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  10:31:25 AM  Show Profile
Jess (Smoothiejuice), I started a twin-sized afghan for my DD's bed in 6" granny-squares of yellow, blue & white (did a quilt-like pattern for the laying out of them) which took me 4 years to finish. (And wouldn't you know it, she didn't use it on her bed ONCE this past winter!) LOL I think the larger afghans can take longer. It also depends on what kind of pattern you're using. What kind of pattern are you using for your twin-sized afghan????

Blessings. --Kati
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  11:07:15 AM  Show Profile
Oh, here is the funny thing, the pattern lies within the yarn I am using, it was my starter project to teach myself to crochet, it is just a BUNCH of double crochets in several different coordinating solids and a varigated to pull it together. As soon as I finish the body of it(32 more rows left), I then need to put a border on it. I started making it for one of my girls when she was about 18 months old, she is now 7 1/2 and it coordinates with her bedroom at a house we haven't lived in for almost 3 years. The funny thing is, everytime I have worked on it, I am usually in the car, on some sort of car trip. Recently I got it out to work on it, and I decided to spread it out and look at the whole thing at once. Well, it is so wobbly on the sides, it is almost embarassing, but I will finish it anyway and just know that is the piece I learned on.
Go to Top of Page

sunshine78
True Blue Farmgirl

106 Posts

Cynthia
Western Nebraska
106 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  11:20:57 AM  Show Profile
I don't sit well, so I always have a project(s) going. Variety is key to keeping me interested in a project. I finished a ripple afghan and now I'm using the left overs in a granny square afghan.

Cynthia
www.pinecanyonranch.com
Go to Top of Page

Kati
True Blue Farmgirl

76 Posts

Kati
North Pole AK
USA
76 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  12:33:20 PM  Show Profile
Jess, if you put a border of shells or something around it when you're done with the body, it may well help even out the body. Evidently blocking also helps, but I've never had the space to block a blanket. LOL Something to consider, though, a border. I'd love to see a pic of what you're doing.

Blessings.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Who's crocheting anything? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page