prairiesun
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Kansas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  4:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Hello!

I am so excited to have found such a wonderful thing! I am a Kansas native and was raised in a very small town. I grew-up thinking I was a city girl, but I am afraid I'm not and long for a change in my life. My fiance, who is a small town Kansas boy, and I are working hard to make changes, but I am really learning how much of a virtue patience really is - and that I don't often have much!

We have many dreams of the way we want to live - country, barn, animals, vegetables, fruits, flowers, etc. - and by reading all of your thoughts and such a wonderful magazine I feel that changes are possible. I am looking forward to all the great talks and info. Hope to hear from you soon!

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  5:00:24 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Prairiesun! Another Kansas farmgirl! So glad you are hear! I live in Kansas too! I'm near Salina. Your dreams sound wonderful! Browse all the topics and join right in! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  7:02:01 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group, Prairiesun! Glad to have you here :)

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  7:54:13 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Prairiesun!! You sound like you share the same dreams as most of us...I look forward to hearing more about you!!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  8:36:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome to the group!!! Look forward to getting know you!

Kay - Living in Beautiful Washington State

North Clark County Farmgirls and
Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  8:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
Welcome PrairieSun. Fellow Kansan here, Wichita suburb version. You will love this site. As you can see I am also a newbie.....but I am very impressed. Be sure and add your name to the mail art segment if you are a crafty-type person and would love to get some fun mail.
Have fun,
Dorothy

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page

prairiesun
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Kansas
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2005 :  08:38:27 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome! Have a beautiful day, Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2005 :  08:51:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
How do you add your name to the "mail art" segment?
Robin

Let the beauty we love be what we do. -- Rumi--
Go to Top of Page

justacitygurl
Farmgirl in Training

36 Posts

Dorothy
Haysville Ks
USA
36 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2005 :  8:44:28 PM  Show Profile  Send justacitygurl a Yahoo! Message
Hi Robin,
Click on "All forums" at the top of the page. Then it will send you to all the forums open now. Click on FarmGirl Barter (formerly Swap Shop). After that opens you will see mail art. Click on it and scan through the posts to get an idea what mail art is about. To add your name to the list,you than click on reply to topic in the upper right hand corner of the web page. Let them know you are interested! Also to be added to the list click on Author therusticcottageand send Kay your name and birthdate and she will get you added to the list. Welcome to mail art. I just recieved my list of names today. Looking forward to getting started.
Dorothy

just a city gurl wishing she was a farm girl
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from Kansas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page