CalhounGal
Farmgirl at Heart

3 Posts

Anne
Calhoun GA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  12:21:47 PM  Show Profile
I am truly a newbie to all things Mary Jane. I discovered her magazine last night at Kroger and stayed up until 3AM reading and enjoying the magazine and web site. I'm a suburb raised girl, but farm life has always been close to my heart. My husband and I both have that wonderful dream of buying some acreage and getting down to business. After going through breast cancer treatment four years ago, I've become so aware of the effects of toxins that we ingest. I enjoy needlework, knitting and quilting. I would love to hear from other "farmgirls" in this area.

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  12:32:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
Hi Anne! I'm not near you - but I am from the South- Virginia! I am also a farmgirl at heart. I too love needlework, knitting and quilting. I just got in my first supply of foods from MJF. And they smell DELICIOUS! My husband and I are 52, with a 26 year old daughter, who lives on her own, and 7 dogs. We have a nice home in the "suburbs" of a tiny university town. We plant vegetables in pots on our deck, and just harvested our first cucumber!
I stumbled onto MJF, because her book was included in my book club - and the title caught my eye. I figured it HAD to be good! Check out her website and the goodies you will find there. I am a Chapter Leader here in my little town.
Welcome and tell us more about yourself! And congratulations on beating the cancer! WOW!!!!!
Robin

Let the beauty we love be what we do. -- Rumi--
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  2:34:40 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Anne~!! Sounds like you love the same things as alot of us and have some of the same dreams..I look forward to hearing more from you. I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  2:59:38 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Anne!!!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the Aching or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall not live in vain" ~Emily Dickinson

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**

Sisterhood of the Traveling Art
Go to Top of Page

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2005 :  3:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi and Welcome Anne! Glad you are here! We'd love to hear about your life in Georgia. Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello from NW Georgia Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page