True Blue Farmgirl

428 Posts

patricia
sedro woolley wa
USA
428 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  7:45:11 PM  Show Profile
[/blue]

Hi farmgirls, we are planning our summer wedding anniversary trip and need a little help. We are going from Sedro Woolley Wa. to Idaho falls Idaho then ending up in Yellowstone ( neither one of us has ever been there). My question is what should we see along the way? If you have any suggestions please let me know....Thank you Patricia

My idea was stopping at Thrift Stores and Yard Sales All along the way..HEE HEE!

"Greetings from the Gateway to the North Cascades."

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  12:58:55 AM  Show Profile
I don't know, because I never manage to get further than Sedro Woolly! Okay...Winthrop...I've been there. But I'm guessing you're wanting something more interesting? How about the Nez Perce trail? Or Chief Joseph's gravesite?

Please Vote For Me!
http://www.blogforayear.com/profiles/desperate-horsewife

http://carpentercreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  08:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
It might be out of the way- but if you are going to be in Idaho anyway... come up to Moscow and see us farmgirls and MaryJane's Farm!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

YiberryYadeeKarin
True Blue Farmgirl

343 Posts

Karin
Spokane Valley WA
USA
343 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  12:34:05 PM  Show Profile
What a fun adventure!

On your way to Idaho Falls, Craters of the Moon is a neat place. I lived and worked there one summer, in 1987, and took my daughter there two summers ago. If you'll be camping in a tent, site #13 is the best! Craters has two different kinds of lava flows, cinder cones, splatter cones... Very interesting and different from the ordinary.

Make sure you head out the northeast entrance to Yellowstone so you can go through Cooke City, up over SPECTACULAR Beartooth Pass (stop at Island Lake Campground), and down into Red Lodge. OR if you happen to head out of Y'Stone to Cody, you can still go over Beartooth Pass by heading north of Cody and turning onto the Chief Joseph Highway. It's pretty wonderful, and amazingly smooth (and all paved!) since the first time I took it back in the late 1970s. That will connect you with the road to Beartooth Pass.

There are more wonderful places I could think of... Have fun!

Karin

Edited by - YiberryYadeeKarin on Jun 10 2007 12:36:54 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Our Vacation... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page