shelle
True Blue Farmgirl

404 Posts

Shelle
oklahoma
USA
404 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  1:30:03 PM  Show Profile
I havent been here in awhile partly due to starting my new job and not having time and also because hubby had a defibrillator/pacemaker put in about 4-5 weeks ago and plus the fact that we were in the process of trying to move into our house at the same time. We had spent one night in the new house when he went into the hospital. I have had so much on my mind that I just havent had time for myself for long time.

Anyway hubby had to go to the ER in the town he works(39 miles from home) due to severe chest pain (he has chronic angina and heart disease) about 5 weeks ago and while I was outside of the emergency room making calls to our family he went into V-fib and they called a code on him. Scared the daylights out of me and no one had arrived at the hospital but me yet so I was there alone. Luckily he converted back to a normal rhythm on his own but his cardiologist put in a implanted cardioconverter device (ICD) a few days later just in case it happened again. So far it hasnt had to shock him but the pacemaker part sometimes kicks in since his pulse is so low. I was hoping that the pacemaker would help him feel better but he continues to feel pretty bad most days. Currently he is in bed because he has been in constant pain since last night and hasnt been able to sleep so he took some pain meds and laid down for awhile.

With everything going on we still havent totally moved in all of our stuff. Hopefully we will get that done a little at a time with help from our family. We have most of our basic stuff and furniture and thats all we need right now.

I really didnt come here to complain or anything. I have just missed being here and wanted you all to know why I had just disappeared. Hopefully I will be able to participate in the forum more.

Shelle

http://janzenfamilyjournal.blogspot.com/

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  2:14:16 PM  Show Profile
Oh Shelle!! YOu will sure be in my thoughts and prayers..I hope your husband feels better soon and things get much better for you both. I wondered where you had been!! Please check in soon as you can...we miss you!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  3:28:09 PM  Show Profile
Shelle,
Praying for you and your husband.
Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  3:48:33 PM  Show Profile
hope that your husband does better soon.
best of wishes to you both. hugs to you.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  4:43:49 PM  Show Profile
I too hope your husband will soon be better.
I know things like that is really scary. Take care, Pinkroses
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  4:49:46 PM  Show Profile
I'm so sorry for everything you've been going through. You're both in my prayers.

http://love-in-a-mist-shannon.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  08:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Shelle-

First of all- Big Farmgirl Hugs! If I could, I would rush right over to your house to give you a big old hug! I am sure the whole ordeal with your husband has been terrifying, exhausting, and just overwhelming!

Did you know you can find help to move in by going to www.uhaul.com you would have to pay for it (not fun), but then at least it would be done!

I hope your husband gets better, and will look forward to getting to chat with you again!
Alee
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  09:09:34 AM  Show Profile
oh Shelle,
I am sending your e-hugz & prayers.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  5:10:56 PM  Show Profile
Shelle: Sending prayers and hugs your way. You have plenty of time to get the house all together, so don't give it a second thought. You make sure you stay rested and healthy now too. Caregivers suffer silently and without always realizing how exhausted they are. I wish I were there to help you!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic update Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page