True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  7:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Faith-

You sound alot like me! I know I can get it done if I just get up and do it. Heck, I did it for other people for several years! Sometimes it really is just the realization that you have to do it, and not just wait for that missing ingredient to come along! :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page

faithymom
True Blue Farmgirl

360 Posts

Faith
Sandpoint ID
USA
360 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2007 :  11:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Rebecca, what really stuck with me about Ewer's book (House Works)is that she explained the different types of 'messies' and specific steps to counter-act those tendencies.
She also has some great solutions that she calls 'skill sets' and takes things step-by-step, essentially 'teaching' those things that I didn't learn from my mom (mostly my own fault...it wasn't a priority to me then)

I do like that you can print out a TON of stuff from the website, but I tend to collect paper so I have to pretty selective about what I need from there or I'd have a 50 pound Housekeeping Journal!

"All television is educational television. The only question is, what is it teaching?"-Fmr. FCC Commissioner Nicholas Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  8:34:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Faith- I am like that too! I would have to houseclean the housecleaning journal!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  05:12:49 AM  Show Profile
....*blush*.....GUILTY as charged. But, in my defense, I do have it sort of corraled in a file cabinet and I have been very ruthless with myself about what I keep. : )

.·:*¨¨* :·.Rebecca.·:*¨¨* :·. http://boinglink.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  07:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! I am so glad we can admit to our little faults here! LOL. I just LOVE printing things off from the computer... but now that I have my laptop I am better about printing things...that and a printer cartridge costs almost $30 for our printer!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  11:57:42 AM  Show Profile
It's just so humiliating to be disorganized. We moved in Aug 06 and I am very slow about getting things figured out. I was trying to not be so hard on myself as I had had a very stressful year, but it's really getting harder for me to deal with everything. I just feel like I've got brain damage. Once I get an area figured out, it really stays that way, but until that point I'm pretty hopeless. Getting things straightened out for 6 people in a 1700 sq foot house is a big challenge to me. It's not a house design that is all that functional. I'm trying though. I know that I have come quite a long way, it's like the more I do the more I get frazzled about it.

My dad was very ocd and collected things and he couldn't throw stuff away (we had 5 acres of junk and garbage). My mother had poor health all my growing up years, so together they didn't really give a good example on what to do. I'm trying to learn. I feel like I have all that hanging over my head though.

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  11:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
The fact that your house stays organized after you get it "just so" is really encouraging. I wish my house would! I feel like I get it all cleaned up and organized and then I turn around it has fallen apart at the seams!

Alee

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  3:49:05 PM  Show Profile
I've done Flylady on and off for a couple of years and it has helped when things get a little out of control. I don't like "to do" lists, so its hard for me to stick with it. AND I clean in my bare feet. lol!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  4:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jana-

My mom doesn't like that part about FlyLady either! :)

Alee

Alee

Go to Top of Page

_Rebecca_
True Blue Farmgirl

568 Posts

Rebecca
OK
USA
568 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  05:55:02 AM  Show Profile
[quote]Originally posted by Alee

The fact that your house stays organized after you get it "just so" is really encouraging. I wish my house would! I feel like I get it all cleaned up and organized and then I turn around it has fallen apart at the seams!

Alee

Just keep this rule in mind: always put things back "EXACTLY" where they go. You must be very strict. My problem is, I don't have everything figured out yet, so I don't know where EXACTLY to put it!!!!????

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  09:13:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Rebecca-

That is really great advice. I try to do that, but I need to reinforce the habit. I also have to somehow get my guy to think that putting things away is a good idea :)

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  4:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Well today I did some laundry, but not much else FlyLady wise. I spent most of my free time trying to rescue my garden from the evil weeds!

Alee

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2007 :  09:04:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I woke up this morning to a clean and shining sink! Yay! I am so happy!

Alee
The amazing one handed typist! One hand for typing, one hand to hold Nora!
http://home.test-afl.tulix.com/aleeandnora/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Who FLYs? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page