Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Long story of 2 sons and a craft room!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Long story of 2 sons and a craft room! Next Topic  

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  07:10:12 AM  Show Profile
Well girls,
My 22 year old son moved out to a house with friends yesterday. He has had a rough couple of years. He went away to college for 2 1/2 years and got himself in a little bit of trouble, so I thought it best that he come back home. He was very angry about this but he keeps everything bottled up. The only one he hurts is himself. Then in Dec I found out his father (who he was really never close to but I think son wanted to be close) was having an affair with a married woman with 4 little kids (and was acting like a GREAT dad to these 4 kids). I told him to book, but he waited until my son's birthday to leave! My son hates to talk bad of anyone or be mad at anyone. His father called him maybe twice and asked to come live with him (3000 miles away). My son said maybe, but he never really planned on going. When my son called father to ask for some help with something, his father blew him off (he has done this with all the kids-he has sent nothing home since he moved just a card and $$ on birthdays). So my boy has had a rough time. He is working and planning on going back to school in Jan. He has been SO happy these past few weeks. He likes all the guys he will be living with and I think he is happy to say he doesn't live at home. He is not the most responsible with money, but I think he'll pull it off. Iam so happy for him. He seems like his old self. My older son, on the other hand will start his last year of grad school in Sept and his father is giving him no help whatsoever, eventhough he promised him he would. This kid got a job for the summer (durring school year he works at school as part of a scholarship) but will not get paid till July. His girl cheated and his car broke and he has NO money. I do everything I can but I still have 2 girls at home. One in community college and one in high school. Thankfully, my mother is sending my older son some money and I took some bill money and gave it to him yesterday. He was scrimping on food! I am going to get him for the week end and bring him here. We will go grocery shopping and see what we can do about his car. He can also go see his brother's new pad(they are close). He went to see if he could get any food stamps and they turned him down flat. He has been so depressed that my heart is breaking for him. I gave him the whole "family is here for you' speeach yesterday and I think that and the cash of course made him feel better. My sister is going to send him a surprise as well and he really likes her. I am sure it will all work out.
Wow I really got carried on this but the point of this is---- with son #2 moving out I GET MY CRAFT ROOM BACK!!!!! I guess this was a long way to tell a very short story!
Merle

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  07:20:14 AM  Show Profile
With children approaching adulthood, I appreciate that you have shared this experience. I know it is hard for kids to get started now. I just pray that mine will be able to make it in that big world out there.

I also look forward to having a craft room. *guilty smile*

www.taylorscountrystore.etsy.com

http://sheronesgarden.tripod.com/
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  08:04:22 AM  Show Profile
I was just setting up a neat sewing room---my youngest moved out last year--and now another daughter and grand-daughter are moving back home for awhile---so there ya go. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Love-in-a-Mist
True Blue Farmgirl

367 Posts

Shannon
Independence Oregon
USA
367 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  08:17:58 AM  Show Profile
Wow, that reminded me of my start in the big world. I'm glad I'm done with that part of my life. I ended up moving in with an aunt and uncle to go to school, until my knight in shining armor rescued me and brought me to his farm. :)Have fun with your craft room!

http://love-in-a-mist-shannon.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2007 :  09:04:03 AM  Show Profile
Merle,

Thank goodness your children have you as their mom! They will always remember what you have done for them.

My daughter and family are moving back with us for about a month or two and then, I'm making one of the bedrooms into my sewing/craft room too.

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Long story of 2 sons and a craft room! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page