missymagoo
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

sue
williamsburg ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  6:42:03 PM  Show Profile
how do you keep rabbits out of your garden? when i transplanted my tomatoe plants and my watermelon plants ,my father told me the rabbit was sitting up in the back yard and he was watching me plant the goodies. in 3 days 3 of my watermelons plants were pulled up and 3 of my tomatoes were pulled up and then just left there to die. well what is left right now is not beening bothered right now. i just planted corn ,green beans,lettuce,turnips,beets spinach and i do not need then in there. it might also be racoons. they were in the garage last night. i think they had a party in there. before i went to work i had to clean up after them. sue

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  6:46:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
This link has some ideas! I hope they help!

http://www.ghorganics.com/page6.html

Alee
Go to Top of Page

missymagoo
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

sue
williamsburg ohio
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2007 :  8:56:26 PM  Show Profile
thank you for your reply. this will come in handy. sue
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2007 :  09:46:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I'm so glad it could help. That site has a lot of information about those pesky garden creatures!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

LolaMiranda
Farmgirl at Heart

4 Posts

Lola
Avoca Wisconsin
USA
4 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2007 :  06:04:51 AM  Show Profile
I am new to Farmgirl - just logged on for the first time earlier this month, and am just now getting back - filled with questions.

My extraordinary mole population is a big one - not wanting to kill - just make them go away. One or so, tunneling now and then and keeping down the grup population is fine; however, my yard is a broken ankle waiting to happen!

Thanks, Alee for the website and Missymagoo for the question that prompted Alee's response.
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  5:11:11 PM  Show Profile
I hope you had luck keeping them out. I live in town and the coons and possums tear up my garden every year . Last year i started catching them in april --caught 28 coons and possums and this year since may i have gotten 4 possums --1 coon and 14 squirrels . I am amazed at the number of them still . They live in the sewer systems and travel them . I use a live trap and then take them out and relocate them --well ?least the ones that co-operate--the others ?? ? best left unsaid . Coons and possums can be very vicious by the way and carry disease . I get ones that easily go 20 pounds . I see rabbits in the neighborhood but the neighborhood cats make quick work of them.

www.ebaystores.com/shadowsofthegoddess http://people.tribe.net/0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d?_click_path=Application%5Btribe%5D.Person%5B0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d%5D
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  5:13:34 PM  Show Profile
Also :) Coons and possums love cornbread . They make a great bait for the live traps.Squirrels can be caught in the bigger live traps by putting a jar of peanut butter in the trap. They roll the jar around and it will trigger the trap.

www.ebaystores.com/shadowsofthegoddess http://people.tribe.net/0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d?_click_path=Application%5Btribe%5D.Person%5B0ab53fca-f8de-4477-ab56-85ff9484b93d%5D
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic rabbits and other critters Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page