Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 A Wool Sweater Pillow
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic A Wool Sweater Pillow Next Topic  

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  5:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey there everyone, I'm new around here in the stitching section :o)

I love to sew :o) and I'm a recycling junkie! LOL

I wanted to tell you about a pillow I saw in a magazine the other day..Debbie's question about shrinking her wool sweater that she bought made me think of it.

It was a soft pink colored long sleeved wool sweater that they had pulled over a pillow form, folded the sweater arms creatively on the front and then attached buttons to hold them in place.

It looked like they must have just turned in the base of the sweater and handstitched it closed. And since the neck cutout area showed the pillow form I thought it would be pretty to cover the pillow form with a fabric too so it would show at the neckline.

I believe the picture showed it being white which was very "shabby chic" with the pale pink sweater but some shabby rose fabric would really set it off!

I think using baby and toddler wool garments in this way would be just adorable. What do y'all think? Kind of opens up all kinds of different uses for wool garments.

Talk to ya soon,
Peace,
stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  7:06:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Stephanie-

That sounds really adorable! It would be fun to do that in a nursery! If you do make one- will you post a picture of it so we all can see?

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Jun 05 2007 :  7:15:54 PM  Show Profile
Stephanie, sounds wonderful! I don't remember what magazine or book I saw it in, but I did see quite a variety of things made with shrunken sweaters. Pillows were one, but they used just the torso. I like the idea of the neckline being used with a coordinating fabric showing through. Another one was handbags. Knitters will knit an oversized bag and then felt it after. I just love the idea of using an old sweater for this. The picture I saw used an old ski sweater design, like a faireisle, and it made a wonderful desgin felted. Oh heck, now I want to run to the thrift store and look for old sweaters!

Jana
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2007 :  01:35:26 AM  Show Profile
The possibilities are endless with these wool sweaters or other garments

I'm going to send a new post for the idea of recycling wool sweaters, anything wool.....and then post a picture of what you've created..It can be an ongoing thing

Peace, Stephanie
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2007 :  01:56:12 AM  Show Profile
oh my, another recycler.....just up my alley!! I have about 5 sweaters preshrunk and felted in my stash.....just waiting for me to do something with them. LOL......please post what you do for us to oooo and aaahhhhh over!!

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic A Wool Sweater Pillow Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page