Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 40

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  06:53:52 AM  Show Profile
ahhhhh...i need to move to Wa...I always have unfinished projects, and I finish them with...myself!! what a bunch of fun girls you are!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  08:25:13 AM  Show Profile
Jess, I will have a guest room, you'll be able to come over & play too!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 30 2007 08:25:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  08:29:46 AM  Show Profile
oh cannot wait!!
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  08:34:04 AM  Show Profile
I've actually hosted several "play-dates".
Invited 6 ladies, and each brought an unfinished project, we would have our social chat along with wine, cheese & crackers for about 1/2 hour and then get down to business, then about 2hours into crafting we would stop & have coffee & pastries, chat some more then call it a day.
One of the play-dates was a luncheon which was fun, If I recal I had 9 ladies on that day. it was a pot luck crafting date and a lot of fun. Iced tea, finger foods, salads & lots of gabbing,,, & yes, we did get some work done on our projects. One of the gals brought her Donna Dewberry paint project to work on because we were out side on the patio.
It really is a lot of fun & I hope I can organize some play-date events in Medical Lake/Spokane, but the invitation will be for any & all farmgirls who want to joinn in.
tata-4-now

www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 30 2007 08:34:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  08:36:00 AM  Show Profile
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! PARTY AT GRACE'S!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2007 :  1:18:42 PM  Show Profile
I'm working on mine. I got two done.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  12:46:25 AM  Show Profile
Great Job Clare, 2 done is more than I have finished. I decided to chain stich them like in quilting but it is taking forrrrreeever.

Yippee play dates at Grace's. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  2:40:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh My! Tie Backs ??? Applique's? MORE IDEA'S!!!
These are all things we'll have to implement when we come to the "Great Katmom Mini Apron Think Tank Expo" !
So, Jess.. are we flying out seprately & meeting up with them all or what.. ? If we tried to drive.. it'll take us about a month to get there?

Oh.. By the way.. i am up to 14 completed Mini's now.. !
( I had Zoey all weekend.. didn't manage to get as many of MY own project's done with an 8 year old wanting to craft too!)

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 02 2007 2:52:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  3:40:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jeez, Kathie...14 really???? Putting me to shame, I have been moving my sister in all freaking weekend, and doing all kinds of home improvements...I am exhausted and have done nothing but unpack her crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My grass is really tall, and I need to go mow! We should fly out there together! It will be fun! we have to behave ourselves on the plane!! or we'll be driving back.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  3:59:47 PM  Show Profile
oh, Listen Wonder woman..
You have 7 kids wandering around while you work!! You put us ALL to shame little Sister! You get more done on accident then most people do on purpose! Now your adding more to work work load by moving your sister!
You are REALLY making us look bad!!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  4:12:21 PM  Show Profile
omg...i am exhausted, and i think i may slip into a coma...now, on to make dinner for ALL of us!!!jess
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  4:12:25 PM  Show Profile
Good grief, all I did was jam and I am pooped. You are both making me tired. As we speak I am working on the minis. Cutting and working on sewing waist bands. Trying to get my fingers to try and cooperate. Sunny and nice but inside I must stay if I want to get this done on time.......

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  5:15:08 PM  Show Profile
I am really SO excited to see them all together!!
you know, i don't know how i did.. but I had missed them when Susan ( The Soap Maven ) had posted hers all together.. But actually just recently found it..& they DO really look SO sweet!!..
I counted i think 11 or so.. But we will have a few more even!!
Yippee for us!!
Plus of course.. now that we have the ball rolling.. we will gain a few more here & there too.. I am so tickled!

Mine are all the same.. except the Apron Strings them selves..
(the Bias tape.. Colors are different every few..)
I picked a nice pretty feminine fabric.. So i hope you all like them..
But it is really neat looking at Susan's picture & seeing your very own Mini Apron hanging up there with everyone else's!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  6:13:27 PM  Show Profile
yes, isn't it? I loved the fabric I made hers out of, i loved seeing that pic!!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2007 :  8:47:54 PM  Show Profile
I gots to go find that picture. Okay, I have one completely done.... whhhoooohoooooo and Have all but 3 waistbands cut out. I shall overcome!!!!Off to cutting some more.
Carol Sue

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  12:05:05 AM  Show Profile
ok, so I am thinking, tea & scones for the afternoon playdates & from the sounds of it, you ladies will be needing either martini's or margaritas, chips & salsa for the evening playdates! in which case, hide all the scissors!!!! LOL!!!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  12:40:38 AM  Show Profile
oh yes...you are on the right track Grace!!! I think I have caught your HAPPY DANCE!!!

Kathie...what airline do you prefer?

jess
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  11:25:48 AM  Show Profile
I am going to practice drinking so I am ready!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  11:51:23 AM  Show Profile
GOOD IDEA!!...me too!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  1:11:38 PM  Show Profile
I'll win!

I prefer ANY airline girlfriend!! Which ever one gets us there!!!
Grace you better be prepared girl.. because we'll have started at the Airport ya know!!!

ok.. i am officialy FINISHED with my Mini's!!!
AND i'll have you know.. I have done a few here & there inbetween for other odd little things that i have sent out too.. So, i have REALLY probably done an addition 5 or 6 on top of the ones for the swap!!.. I'm going to keep going too though.. So i'l be ahead for a while!!! you never know!!!

Carol Sue, i can't wait to see what your doing!!!
Waistbands cut out??
Then embroidery stiches from someone else..
Mine are looking a bit lame here now when i listen to everyone elses details.. !!!!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  1:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Kathie!! Yours will be awesome! Just the amount of love and friendship poured into them makes them gorgeous. No worries. I am usually so nervous about my stuff, but not anymore. They will all be as different as we are, yet still the same! I can't wait to see them all together!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  2:28:36 PM  Show Profile
yes, just imagine what they are all going to look like!! How fun!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  5:48:45 PM  Show Profile
hey kathie,
Nothing fancy same material as the apron, didn't have binding made my own for the waistband and ties, one straight piece. Takes a little longer but you works with what you have. Still have to do couple more waistbands to cut out, poooped out yesterday. Hot here today and should have proabley turned on the air conditioner. Wait till tomorrow in 90's and 100 the next day. Yikes, that is warm for this time of year for us. Okay, watering yard, running in and out and cutting out another wasitband. Yippeee you are done, wish I was. Slow but sure, right,
where is that margrita when you need it.........

Enjoying the moments.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  5:52:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, I have finally read all the pages of this post, and now I realize that I am not behind. Yeah!!

Guess what? I made 16 and did not even know those were the required amounts until just now. And here I thought I was going to be ahead of the game for sending out to fellow gals. I missed sending out to the gals mentioned above. Now I will have to make more to be ready for the next batch of "Good Wishes".

Mine are all the same design. I used the 12" charm squares from the previous MJF swap for the body of the apron. I used two greens to make the pockets and the strap. By the way, a little heart makes a great template for the pocket. Trace it on a double layer of fabric, sew on the line, leaving an opening for turning. Trim, clip into the center and turn. Press. Sew onto front of the apron.

So, because I did not read all the posts until now, I was an overachiever and made pockets on each of these for all of you. I want to include wishes for each of you. They are extra special to me since I used the swap fabric. There is lots of farmgirl love in each of these.

Kathie, I would be up for a Christmas mini apron swap now that I got the hang of sewing these up. I have lots of Christmas charm pieces.

So, I am just going to sign with a permanent pigma marker on the back of the bottom hem. I have that to do and to put wishes in the pockets for each of you.

And I will say this, I think these take as long or longer than a regular half apron. My husband teased me he was going to sell them out from under me for $20 a piece!!! At least he appreciates the time that went into them. I hate when he puts a number value on them, though. He wanted to know what I plan to do with mine that I get. When I told him they were going t obe a valence over the sliding glass door (where previously I hung the Valentines from a MJF swap) he just smiled.

Looking forward to seeing all of these.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2007 :  6:59:39 PM  Show Profile
Clare yours sound awesome!!!
I think it's so sweet that we are getting to be part of fabric that came from OTHER farm girls too!! How cool is this!
I'm with you too though.. i have decided that i need to have some extra's.. you never know when you want to send another one to some one.. I have started sending them along with other little things that i send out too.. & tucking them in the pocket of a matching full size one if i remember to!
My husband said the same thing! he said it takes me nearly as long to make a mini as it does a full sized one!!
i think he's paying just a little bit too much attention to my sewing!! he needs to get back to focusing on his remote control again!

I am beside my self waiting to see them all together Girls!..
Carol Sue you have done so many things with yours! The waist bands..Wow!

Talented Girls!!!!!!

I have an advantage though you know..
I will actually get to see ALLLllllll Of them all at once before I send them on their way to their new houses!!!
So i will have over 200 Mini Apron's in my house at once!!!

Isn't that wild to think ?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page