Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic
Page: of 40

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  4:19:20 PM  Show Profile
Sunshine: Loved the minis!! Cannot wait to get mine.

Kathie: I also ADORE Halloween and would definitely do a Halloween mini swap. I just picked up the cutest Halloween fabric the other day for no reason! So, look at my good fortune. Halloween minis!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  4:28:04 PM  Show Profile
Good job Sheryl-lyn, does this mean you will be sewing away on minis?
Hmmm been thinking on that one, got to get a couple of projects done.
Have fun, Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  4:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Woowwwwww sunshine, those are great. Can't wait to see all that yall have done.

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  7:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Hello All.. Just checking in..

No new Mini Mail though.. I am suspecting they will all arrive in the same day or something fun!!

yes.. I think MORE mini's are definatly in order!! Definatly the Christmas Themed one!!
& I Would REALLY love to have a Halloween one too.. Soooo.. We'll get these finished up.. & mailed out.. & see what other swaps we're all involved in..
Jess..didn't you want to plan some sort of State swap or something?

& had even mulled around the thought of a Pillow swap.. you know.. Just one throw pillow.. all desinged up or something funky!
But we can do THAT one anything.. I want Holiday Mini Aprons!!

So Linda.. keep your Eye's Peeled Girl.. Watch for the sign up..!

As for the Dolls.. more specifically.. The Raggedy Anne Dolls..
I think it's a great idea!
You should start a new post for them though.. or too many people will miss it.. The only ones that will catch it is those of us that are actually participating in THIS particular swap.. or the occasional drive bys that stop in to see what Mayhem we're up to..
So you really won't be doing Anne any justice here..
She needs her very own space!!
Go ahead & think about exactly what you'd like to do with it..
If you know that you want to make just Raggedy Anne specificaly.. & don't want to chance getting any other type of doll.. then be REALLY clear on that.. You don't want to chance getting say a repurposed Barbie Doll or something.. Some one else may just adore her.. but she may not be anything like what you were hoping for!
So you can do it two ways.. you can approach Bluewren.. she does several Doll Swaps.. see if she'd like to help out since it's your first swap.. ( I'm assuming here..)
Or if your comfortable enough.. jump on in with two feet.. Post it here in the Stitching room.. just start a brand new Topic.. & explain clearly what you'd like to see happen.. Size.. all Raggedy Annes.. Knowing that there will still be varieations.. but still guidelines..

Hope that helped a little bit Kiddo.. I tend to wander!!

Ok Lovelies.. thats about enough for me..
I have to hit the sack..I'm Bushed!! & for very good reason!
I'm posting a teeny story in the Health area..
(Carol Sue.. There's your bed time story!! Then go to bed!)

Love ya!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  9:31:25 PM  Show Profile
Okay, going to check out my bedtime story, hmmmm dreaming of holiday aprons, and clothespins that are decorated. katsmom said she would show us an example. I gotta get busy to finish up some of this stuff.
Going for my bedtime story Kathie, good night
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  10:31:59 PM  Show Profile
Kathie...I am sending you good wishes...sorry about your sucky weekend. Well...in your Kathie way I am sure you still had great fun!!

Yes, I still want to do the state swap. I wanted to start it a month ago, but still have not. I started working on some very special other project that has taken up a bit of my time. It is looking promising suddenly though. I just do not want to become overwhelmed. Fall is coming and I think I suffer from that seasonal depression thingo! It usually starts the day school starts for the kids and ends the day they come home!! Summer is just not long enough anymore!!

Take it easy Kathie and rest up prom queen.

And if you are not good, the refurbed Barbie will be on your doorstep next time you step out!! I am sure the maillady won't misplace that package!!

hugs and kisses to you...jess
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  11:56:26 PM  Show Profile
HI Kathie,
I am still wondering if my aprons have gotten there yet?
Im very worried about them, they should have arrived by now for sure.
Thanks
shirley
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  06:52:32 AM  Show Profile
Well, Kathie...the girl has been askin'...where are her aprons? Did they make it or are they having a party somewhere with your 4th of July swap?
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  07:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
The 4th of July swap is driving me insane to say the least. I am about at the point of making stuff for all the ladies that don't have their items yet as15 days in post when they where sent flat rate and some priority ( don't ask my husband grabbed the wrong boxes so I ended sending some rush as I didn't have any other boxes) so they all should have arrived in 2 to 5 days I am not a happy camper at the moment makes me worry about my new post office in the town two away from me.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  08:13:40 AM  Show Profile
If it makes you feel any better sunshine, I am having a usps problem right now also. It is actually kind of an ongoing thing. I sent a package the day after MLK, jr day to smallgraces in NY...she never got it...I mailed a valentine to my Dad in Ohio...it was returned to me about 3 weeks ago..shredded in a weird usps appology envelope...I did not get that package from you, that was sent back to you for some reason...I sent a sig square to Clare, suzyhomemaker...5 or so days later it was returned to me with no postmarks or anything on it...and I now have a new postman who does not bring my packages to my door...he balances them on top of my mailbox next to a fairly high traffic road! I would boycott if there were a better way!
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  08:20:24 AM  Show Profile
Well, rats. My sewing machine has been giving me fits since last week and I still have tiny aprons waiting to be sewn. WHY????!!!! Aargh.

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  08:30:03 AM  Show Profile
we are all friendly swappers...service your machine, Karin!!! How is the weather down there? My Dad is excited for the mild winter...something new for him!! One apron at a time...enjoy them do not let them give you fits!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  12:07:02 PM  Show Profile
Poor Baby Karin.. Coax it along Sister..
Shirley.. i am SO sorry!! I haven't looked in the bin that i have them all in sweetie!! I know your getting stressed now thinking they've gotten lost too.. So i'm sorry.. I'll get in there & look tonight as soon as i walk in the door.. I had completely forgotten to look for ya.. Since i hadn't gotten any new ones in yet.. I'd forgotten to peek at the ones that ARE in there lately!! I'm so Sorry!!
No fretting though.. if they aren't.. They will be soon!!

Karin.. i wonder if it just needs a good cleaning.. Mine is really tempermental like that.. I can go for a couple years.. & nothing at all happens.. & all of a sudden.. seems as if anything i try to do with it .. It just acts up & mishbehaves like you wouldn't believe!
But if I finally break it all down.. & get the Q-Tips out.. lint & old thread cleaned out of it.. i mean from EVERYWHERE!!
Check the oil.. just REALLY give it a good once over.. it's FINE!
I think she just wanted some one on one attention or something..
Give that a try..

That.. or.. you could hand stich them..
eeeeewwwwww.. Cleaning the sewing machine sounds MUCH better now.. doesn't it?
Love ya Kiddo!!!

Edited by - Kathie on Aug 01 2007 12:07:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  12:13:30 PM  Show Profile
keep on making us smile Kathie!! you go girl and let poor shirley know about her aprons...jeez!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  12:40:23 PM  Show Profile

Oh Jessie pooh...

Edited by - Kathie on Aug 01 2007 12:41:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  4:29:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh Miss Kathie,
Just tell them you had a brain f**t!!!!!!LOL
And girls you want to wait for Karin's. She send me two that were way way cool. One of those little darlings had pleats. I have them hanging up in my sewing room window and they make me smile every single day. Hey, just give that machine a good swift kick and tell it to behave.....just kidding. I would try cleaning it like Kathie said and see if that does it. We can wait. Don't ya know patience is a virtue. That means we got virtue girls!!!
Jessie pooh.....lol you girs are just so superbly funny.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  9:31:31 PM  Show Profile
sunshine, those are really lovely mini aprons. I love how you used two layers of fabric. that was smart as well as making them reversible. It's like getting two aprons for one. I will have to try that on the next swap. The vintage tatting and crochet adds such a nice touch. I can't wait to get mine. These are so sweet.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  09:43:05 AM  Show Profile

*** News Flash ***

Okie Dokie.. i did inventory of the Mini Apron Tub last nite ESPECIALY for you my sweet friend Shirley.. Nope.. just as i had thought.. Yours have NOT arrived yet..
But no worrying Sister.. there are a hand ful of others out there yet too..

So you all won't have to do all the hard wok & look at Page one.. Yes.. I know How Trying that is.. I'll put your Dear little names right here for those again that HAVE arrived!! & in NO particular order!:

Carol Sue, Clare, Sheryl-lyn, Grace, Michelle, Susan, & Stephanie..
That's it.. 7 of you are in..
I do have some info on one.. that I'll share later.. & one that i think has completely forgotten the swap.. She's too cute.. so i'll remind her & see if she still wants too.... But i KNOW about these two.. & that leaves a handful still.. no fretting now.. your fine!

( Sunshine if your read this.. I DID get my 4th of July pkg yesterday!! I'll post it on that Thread!)

Love ya Girls!!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  09:45:39 AM  Show Profile
lucky you kathie...how is your 4th of july swap package doing? i am so glad you finally got it. mine was weirdly returned to her, and i am hoping it will arrive soon. i am gettting excited again!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

sunshine
True Blue Farmgirl

4877 Posts

Wendy
Utah
USA
4877 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  09:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Send sunshine a Yahoo! Message
Oh thank heavens, I thought you would get the aprons before the 4th of july at this rate. You should get aprons today or tomorrow also.

have a lovely day and may God bless you and keep you safe
my bloghttp://sunshinescreations.vintagethreads.com/
my web store http://vintagethreads.com/

Edited by - sunshine on Aug 02 2007 11:41:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shirley
True Blue Farmgirl

734 Posts

Shirley
Olympia Wa
USA
734 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  11:12:51 AM  Show Profile
Kathie,
Thanks a bunch for checking for my aprons.
Well, that sucks, mailed them 3 weeks ago.
When is or was the due date on them to be to you?
BOOHOO
Shirley
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  11:40:31 AM  Show Profile
Back on track- all for the tightening of a little screw on the bobbin holder. Honestly!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.

Come visit me at:
www.madrekarin.etsy.com

www.madrekarin.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  11:42:39 AM  Show Profile
oh that one happened to me before. So irritating. glad you worked it out!
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  1:27:35 PM  Show Profile
karin,
Yeahhhh, you got it figured out. Smart lady you are.
Shirley don't fret, it shall appear yet.
kathie what a good encouraging mama your are. Good job girl.
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  4:32:58 PM  Show Profile
See.. All is well.. Just stay away from the Light Girls!!

Glad your back in business Karin!!!
My poor little Shirley.. hang in there pumpkin.. there floating around out there somewhere..! the date to mail was supposed to be the 15th of July.. But we were being nice & friendly.. no evil doers on THIS swap!!
So.. They'll be waiting for their team Mates when they all arrive!!

Maybe the Mail Carrier will Grace me with an appearance today..
That or set my mail box on fire.. I complained about her today at the Post Office..
Actualy.. I had a frew complaints today!
Say..Have any of you ever seen a back office at The Post Office?
Apparently.. (All though I never thought it was allowed..) but i guess depending on the level of LOUDNESS in a comstumers voice!! (!!! yep !!!)
You get to go Visit the REAL Post Master in his BACK OFFICE!!
yea... well.. so he & i had a nice conversation.. Initially about My 4th of July Package from Sunshine.. then i moved on to other suspected missing envelopes.. & mail that I think she holds on because SHE simply didn't feel like stopping on any given day!.. & THEN on to the fact that my PSYCHO Mail Carrier refuses to participate in the food drive.. but drops off the dern note to advise us that the food collection is on a certain day.. so then we all are so stupid as to put our donations out on the mail boxes.. & SHE refuses to pick it all up.. because she then leaves us a Note telling us that SHE doesn't get paid to pick it up.. So She chooses not to participate!! So.. i said.. SINCE THEY make her put this dumb note in our box about the collection.. then why at that time doesn't she just go ahead & tell us that she does not plan on collecting the food.. so really DON"T bother..
Because OTHERWISE.. we all have this food hanging around our Mail Boxes for days on end.. hoping it will be picked up.. Now attracting Ants.. stray dogs & cats.. & getting strewn all across the stupid road! ALL because the Crazy woman.. Doesn't get paid to collect it.. Just to put the notes in our boxes to tell us she will.. ( which she won't!)

yes.. Billy.. the Post Master Was looking for a door.. Or a desk to crawl under or just about anything at that point.. because he SOoooo Wanted me out of his cute little office that I'd been invited into.. You see... i may have been out of sight.. But I wasn't out of Earshot..

& yes.. of course I had to bring up my comparrison to MY Mail Carrier.. to the one in the Chevy Chase Movie when he moved to The country.. & HIS crazy Mail Carrier drove like a lunatic.. & it was pretty much hit or miss whether they would get their mail or not!

I think I'll be opening my mail box with a very long stick for a while.. Never sure what may jump outta there you know..

( Hope this makes you feel better Shirley!!! Smile Pumpkin!! )

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic MINI APRONSwap!PICTURES POSTED! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page