Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 what have we NOT swapped yet?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic what have we NOT swapped yet? Next Topic
Page: of 2

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  10:17:29 PM  Show Profile
gosh .. so many great swaps have happened .. what other suggestions do you gurlz have?

do you prefer the one-on-one's or the 'big'guns?

it's easier and faster for me to do one. xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  10:37:58 PM  Show Profile
I like both... Im easy.

But I would be up for big anything swap...:)

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  03:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Frannie, I would like to do a state swap...I was just waiting for the right moment. Yes, it does not matter to me, as long as it is with friendly farmgirls...whatever the item, whenever, and how ever many. jess
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  05:10:43 AM  Show Profile
Gee, a state swap sounds like fun! I'll start packing now, and let's see--I would like to swap with someone who lives in Hawaii! You come live in my state, and I'll go live in yours!! (LOL!)

Kathy, who apparently has had a wee bit too much caffiene already this morning! ha,ha,ha,ha!! Won't it be fun to sit next to me in church today!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  05:27:58 AM  Show Profile
HAahahahahahaha...have fun in church this morning, can I be in your suitcase!!!! See you are not the only one hitting it this morning...I can hardly type!! Jess
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  09:55:33 AM  Show Profile
How about the mini aprons (like the ones we send to farmgirls, in need of friendship hugz & support due to illness).

Surely we all have scrap fabric lying around. Goodness knows I do.
When completed, we can string the mini aprons we receive together to make a friendship apron garland.
just a thought.
oops, gotta git, or I'll be late for church.

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jun 03 2007 09:56:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  09:59:19 AM  Show Profile
I think Kathie is going to be doing that one soon, she was getting ready to do it, but Frannie started one with Doll sized aprons in Barter right now, she was just waiting for it to be over. I think hers is going to be something like 20 spots available, and everyone makes 20, since they sew up so fast, send them to her, she swaps em out and then everyone gets 20 different ones back, so we can all have our own apron garland. Here i am telling all the details of her swap...atleast she loves me.

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Jun 03 2007 10:00:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Utahfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1940 Posts

Portland Oregon
USA
1940 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  11:55:57 AM  Show Profile
Husbands? lol. Sorry, that just popped out. Couldn't help myself. But I wouldn't swap the nutty professor, anyway!

Farmgirl hug,
Patricia

check out my etsy site ThePlayfulFarmgirl.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  12:02:00 PM  Show Profile
OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...good idea, but the kids might miss mine.
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  12:18:33 PM  Show Profile
How do you make those tiny aprons anyway????
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  12:26:44 PM  Show Profile
hey miz jessica .. the 'dolly apron' is a one-on-one. you only make ONE for your ONE swap partner .. and you make one (or a few) to send to MaryJane at her farm.

the swap partners mail to each other .. none come to me. still time to sign up if anyone wants to. xo, frannie of Cabin Creek Farm

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  12:28:27 PM  Show Profile
jessica .. i love the idea of a 'state' swap. tell us what you have in mind. why don't you be the 'momma' of the swap and make up the 'roooools' for the swap. chile', i'd have a stroke if i had to make up TWENTY of anything! xo

and i duz indeed adore you!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  1:13:32 PM  Show Profile
I do better with one on one swap, less time and money involved! A state swap sounds interesting, can't wait to hear more about it!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  2:08:11 PM  Show Profile
Yes frannie, I know the rules of your dollie apron swap...I was talking about a different one that will come up soon, don't worry. I know you like the 1 on 1's.

The tiny tiny aprons are very easy, Nancy, just make them about the size of the palm of your hand. They should tie up nicely on a pint sized Ball Jar...Aunt George has one posted on her blog from about 2 weeks ago that is a full apron. You can also make 1/2 aprons, that is what I have made in the past.

Okay, I will host a state swap and make the rules, but I have to do it next week or so, because I am full up on swapping right now, and I have to get this stuff out of here and make sure everything else will make it out of here on time.

Take it easy you girls..Jess
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  3:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I don't think we have done a hat swap yet.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  5:29:10 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm The husband Swap may be good.... Any Electricians? I have a Carpenter.

I always enjoyed Secret Pal Swaps, A tote Bag or a Purse Swap would be fun.

Being from the Buckeye state... I dont think anyone would want the useless poison nut or Brutus in or on anything.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  5:40:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh elizabeth, think of a nice tea towel with your state bird on it, a cookie cutter in the shape of ohio, a cuuting board in the shape of ohio, some seeds from a native plant...on and on...some cool info on fun stuff to do, c'mon there is the ren fair, the findlay mkt, jungle jim's, red river gorge...there must be more...get in the spirit girl!!!
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Blue
True Blue Farmgirl

172 Posts

Sierra Mountains California
USA
172 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  11:14:05 PM  Show Profile
I think a state swap would be fun :)

"i believe in god, only i spell it nature." - frank lloyd wright
http://www.myspace.com/svgrrrl
Go to Top of Page

khartquilt
True Blue Farmgirl

1176 Posts

USA
1176 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  08:07:20 AM  Show Profile
Did some one say Swap!! I had nothing to do this morning and decided to take a walk through the Farm girl Connection and a came upon this thread.

If you don't mind me sneaking in, I would love to join another swap. I hope that’s ok. Sometimes I feel as if I am sticking my nose in where it doesn’t belong. If it’s not ok, that’s ok with me too. I don’t want to upset anyone. Or take a spot that maybe a more actively involved girl wanted. I’m just a new girl.

But, I like the multi person swap. You know, make or gather a number of items and send to one person and have that person swap them out so we all get a mix.

The husband swap would not work for me. Mine is in need of a few new parts. Unless we are swapping Kidneys. He could use a new one soon. But that’s another story altogether….

But if it’s ok, I am going to keep reading this thread and see what you all decide on. If it’s something I feel comfortable with, and as long as we have some time, And of course if you want me, I would love to join.

Also, I would just like to say that this is one of the most interesting and informative and friendly groups that I have ever "nosed" into. I just love this "Farmgirl Connection".

Kathy H
Go to Top of Page

junebug
True Blue Farmgirl

2421 Posts

Sue
West Plains, Mo.
USA
2421 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  11:10:23 AM  Show Profile
Don't be silly Kathy, you are welcome to join in on any swaps, just watch closely for the rules and deadlines! Glad you found us, this place is like a second home and farmgirls rule!!

Visit me at my blogs:
www.countrypleasures.blogspot.com
www.herbalfarmstead.blogspot.com
www.photo-per-day.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  11:17:09 AM  Show Profile
Oh Kathy, I love swapping with you and you are so generous and fun. I have made about 3 dozen potholders by the way. You are just as welcome here as anyone else, and you are an awesome person, drop in whenever you want...jess
Go to Top of Page

shmeg
True Blue Farmgirl

222 Posts

Megan
Granville Ohio
USA
222 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  11:31:46 AM  Show Profile
I just read this thread and had to laugh at Elizabeth's last post. I am from the same area (Columbus, OH) and you get so inundated with Ohio State football that it is hard to remember that there is much else to the state. Except when I was still living in Canton, Ohio and we had the Pro-football Hall Of Fame, noticing a trend yet? I don't even like football! But you are right, there other things...just struck me as funny!
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  11:38:05 AM  Show Profile
I wouldn't mind doing a State swap, in fact, I'd love to be counted in, but Frannie, we'll have to make sure that if we get each other, we'll draw again! I already know how fabulous Kentucky is!!!!

How and when? Oh, and I'm a swap newbie, so I'll need SPECIFIC regs and guidelines.

J

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  12:01:10 PM  Show Profile
BRUTUS!!!! Buckeye fans here!! Swap away..lol...My husband would trade states in a heart beat..anyone want FLorida...lol

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  12:10:55 PM  Show Profile
ok.. .. I was waiting for the right time-ing
Jessica & i had JUSt been talking about this..

And SO many girls asked me if we could do this after we started Susans mini Apron Swap.. So I thought We'd give it a try after her's were on the way.. then Frannie came back from vacation & she had such a cute idea for her Little Doll Apron Swaps.. i thought we needed to wait for that one to get going..

So.. Now what do you think.. i know i want a nice long Garland.. 10 would be pretty.. but like Jess said.. 20 would be awesome!!!.. But that may be overwhelming.. so maybe we should keep it at groups of 10.. & if you want to actually recieve AND MAKE more then 10 you'd have to sign up for a 2nd group.. .. hows this sound?

ok.. where am i?
i'm not in the Swap & Barter thing am i? i reckon thats where i need to post it.. But I'll wait to see what kind of feed back i get..
Then I'll put all the details together.. & i know we all have quite a few things going on right now with other swaps.. & some other nice friendly non commital type things.. So i'll post it where I should 7 put a note back here once i do..

Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  12:15:10 PM  Show Profile
Here are the Mini Aprons i made for Susan & Her Mama..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic what have we NOT swapped yet? Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page