CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  08:56:14 AM  Show Profile
finally, i am home for a few weeks so i could plant and WATER my gardens! right now .. everything is so 'short' .. and i will probably have to do some 'transplanting' cuz' i got lots and lots of plants and plunked them in the dirt! those 'potted plants' just dry out overnight!! i did get some hanging plants for the porches though .. i love driving up to a house and seeing plants on the porch!

we're having a very dry spell right now (here tell it might rain this weekend) .. we sure need it.

NONE of my 'sunflowers' seem to be poking their heads through the earth .. gonna' go throw some more out there and WATER WATER WATER!!!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  09:29:17 AM  Show Profile
Watering is a full time job, that's for sure! My yard it looking really great mainly because I have just had surgery and have been home to take care of it for a month! Have two more weeks and then it's back to work and who knows what it will look like without constant puttering!

Hope it rains for you Frannie!!!! Cindy
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  10:46:55 AM  Show Profile
I love mornings in the garden. This morning I watched a mommy towhee with her three babies searching for seed under the feeders. The pine siskins are having a riot on the sock feeder and look more like a swarm of oversized bugs! I also had a black-headed grosbeak in the "trail mix" feeder.
We have a beautiful breeze coming off the ocean this morning and the air smells so fresh as it is warming up from the morning sun. Everything is very lush and green right now from all the spring rains we've had.
I went to the thrift store and bought a bunch of odd pottery pots and washed up some clay pots I had here. I put different plants into each of them including a collection of different sedums and arranged them on the patio. It looks really nice as they're all new and fresh looking. I hope I can keep them looking this nice through the summer!
My hanging baskets are starting to bloom. I too love the look of them as you come up the driveway.
I think this is my favorite time of year.
Di
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  11:35:22 AM  Show Profile
cindy darlin' .. are you gettin' all better? ready for a wild night of dancing yet? hope you continue to feel better and better with each passing day!

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  11:36:47 AM  Show Profile
i came in and played with dollies and checked e-mails .. then back out to the garden .. but it had gotten waaaay toooo HOT .. and my sugars dropped .. ran back in for a 'snack-ette' .. think i'll wait t'il this evening before i go back out there to dig in the dirt today. (gonna' take myself on a date to the drive-in movie tongight .. honey hunk is in denver on a 100- mile bike ride with some rugby buddies!)

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

Cindy Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

510 Posts

Cindy
Sparks Nevada
USA
510 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  1:56:52 PM  Show Profile
Frannie, thank you for asking! I am much better....hysterectomy, it wasn't that bad , really! Just think what I won't have to go through anymore. Yippee! Cindy
Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic mornin' in the garden Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page