JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  1:35:27 PM  Show Profile
well girls this is too funny not to share . i hope i am not the only one thta ever did something so dumb~ lol. i had bought some pop on sale here not long ago, and well my husband was in the garage saturday, doing garage stuff! u know.? anyways, i saw this bottle of what i thought was the pop we bought, and it was opened, i was working in the garden and well came in the garage, for something, and saw that sitting on the bench part where he does his work. well do i have to tell ya~ the rest lol! i grabbed that pop like a thirsty animal that i was, took a big gulp and swallowed, then to find out it was dirty old drained motor oil~ gees i learned a lesson to check after this befor i gulp tee hee~. it was awfull but too funny. just wanted to share that with ya's. funny for the day. it would only happen to me. jo~

i thought love was all you needed? courage is needed too!

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  2:00:28 PM  Show Profile
For once in my life, I am at a loss for words! Any side effects yet?
Angie

"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2
Go to Top of Page

MariaAZ
True Blue Farmgirl

203 Posts

Phoenix AZ
203 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  2:10:38 PM  Show Profile
Wow, I hope you're OK! Another lesson... if anyone in the family reuses food/beverage containers for non-food stuff, the bottle should have the original label removed and the bottle clearly marked that the contents aren't edible.

Visit my blog at www.craftyfool.net
Go to Top of Page

Vintage Redhead
True Blue Farmgirl

233 Posts

Kaylyn
Saint Charles IL
USA
233 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  3:07:02 PM  Show Profile

OMGoodness -- are you okay???? **HURL ALERT** I want to get sick *for* you, sweetie! I get the willies just thinking about it.....

~ Kaylyn ~ (Living in Suburbia with a FARMGIRL Heart!)

My Cause: http://nickspavilion.blogspot.com/
My Life: http://vintageredhead.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  3:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ugh! Yucky!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  3:36:22 PM  Show Profile
yuck..eeew gross.
hope you are o.k.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com and
http://photosbytina.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

AliShuShu
True Blue Farmgirl

150 Posts

Alison
Charlotte NC
USA
150 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  3:37:42 PM  Show Profile  Send AliShuShu an AOL message  Send AliShuShu a Yahoo! Message
i actually did that with a cup of liquid dish soap when i was a kid... BLECH!! I am guessing that since you're posting, you're ok...
peace

Alison
I think that if ever a mortal heard the voice of God it would be in a garden at the cool of the day. ~F. Frankfort Moore, A Garden of Peace
Namaste'
www.shumusings.com
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  6:10:47 PM  Show Profile
A friend of mine was up hunting a couple years ago and got up in the morning and took some pills and went to grab her bottle of water and grabbed a bottle of vinegar instead, it was still dark in the camper, and big gulp!! . she figured at least it wouldn't hurt her. Ooooo awful though. That's how she got her camp nickname which I won't divulge here. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

ponyexpress
True Blue Farmgirl

320 Posts

Sandy
Kirkwood Missouri
USA
320 Posts

Posted - May 28 2007 :  9:29:56 PM  Show Profile
OOOOhhhhh, yuk! But I guess your inner gears are all lubricated and ready to roll!

I've learned that it takes as much time and energy to wish as it does to plan.

Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  3:59:35 PM  Show Profile
[font=Comic Sans MS][yeh gee, evertime i think about it now i still get that yukkk feeling. didn't seem to make me sick just the thought. i asked my husband right away i said oh gawd will that kill me? lol! he said no it won't kill ya but ya better go take a drink of milk. tee hee~~~ oh my gawd, i burped that gunk up all evening. rotten~ i teel ya~ i'll be sure to watch next time. although he shouldn't have had it in a pop bottle anyways. lol! gee whiz a kid could have done that, or even worse it could have been poison altogether, i would be pushing up home grown tomatoes now ha! i am fine, but boy it was the worse thing i ever tasted. my son said to me, gees ma don't tell too many people that. but i am sure i'm not the only one that done something that dumb, eh? live and learn later jo~ p.s. my brother was painting the window sill one time, he had tea and the paint can beside each other, and he stuck the paint brush in his tea instead of the paint can lol~ sure is a shock to your system though. things we do sometimes eh? could be life threatening ha ha!/font=Comic Sans MS]

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  4:49:58 PM  Show Profile

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Jun 03 2007 :  10:05:59 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, glad to know that you are okay. My husband had oil in my grape juice jar, I started to lift it up to drink and it didn't roll down the jar right. Can understand how easily one can do that. It gives a whole new thought to bein lubricated. Later, Carol Sue

Life is short, enjoy every moment.
Go to Top of Page

Beemoosie
True Blue Farmgirl

2077 Posts

Bonnie
New York
USA
2077 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  04:53:48 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad you are laughin' about it Jo!! Wow!

Our cook at school once sprayed a pan with a cleaner instead of the cooking spray....she caught it quickly though thank goodness! Our industrial bottles are often marked very similarly, which doesn't make sense for the companies to do. Probably saves them money or something.

My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. Luke 1:46,47
www.beequilting.blogspot.com
http://beemoosie-picture-diary.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  08:34:10 AM  Show Profile
Glad you are OK!! Yuck, yuck yuck, I bet that tasted horrible.
I once done something very similiar, When J was younger he chewed tobacco (thank goodness he quit) He would always "spit" in soda cans. You can guess what happened, oh it was nasty.......... From that point on he made sure to cut the opening larger or something of that sort, so it wouldn't ever happen again. But it still makes me gag to even think about it!!!

~~Bridge's Blog~~

Simply Stitches
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  12:23:31 PM  Show Profile
eeewww~~!!!1 i think the tobacco would be worse then the oil? lol! gee ! funny eh? things we can do accidentally, oh well~ i learned fer sure. i know a few people too that did that with bleach , my mom used to put it in a cup for her false teeth lol! she always kept the same cup though for just that. us kids had a few trips i think on that one, imagine thinking that was water, and gulping that, fortunately i didn't have that treat growing up, but my siblings did! tee hee. lucky me later jo!

Go to Top of Page
  Garden Gate: Previous Topic did anyone ever? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page