Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Contest Winner ANNOUNCED!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Contest Winner ANNOUNCED!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  04:34:43 AM  Show Profile
Oh Annie S. YOU are the winner, not me. :-) Kathie said there were about 8 that picked right, so her husband drew one of the names and it was yours. So the congratulations go to you....you lucky girl!!

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  06:41:15 AM  Show Profile
That was fun! I was stumped. Some how I missed the clue about red shoes. No matter you look wonderful and co-workers looked like they were having fun participating. You go girl!
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  08:58:41 AM  Show Profile
I did not enter the contest BUT as I was looking at the picture during the run of the contest I picked YOU Kathie! Funny how ones instinct can work! Happy to "see" you Kathie!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  09:27:49 AM  Show Profile
Sherri, it's funny you said that.. I have always been so bossy!! I try to not be.. sometimes.. i try to make my self shut up.. when i can.. but i grew up with my mother a brother Chris that was 4 yrs younger then me.. & my sister Kelly that is 10 years younger then me.. ( my dad didn't live with us.. but i have an entire other family with him.. another story of course.. another 7 brothers & sisters.. !).. but asisde from them.. my mother has three sisters.. we all lived in the same teeny tine town our entires lives.. & I only had one girl cousin.. & she was more then 4 years older then me & was above all of us of course.... I had 13 cousins.. BOYS.. so I was either getting beat up by them.. learning to fight from them.. mothering them.. or bossing them around..!! So I come by the bossing thing honestly! Someone has to do it of course..
Even yesterday in a meeting.. My buddy Dan seems to always get himself into trouble.. he never has learned the knack of saying things nicley.. even when you have to say no.. he just bluntly says something like "take it or leave it" well he's been in trouble at work alot over stuff like this.. so yesterdays meeting i sat by him so he wouldn't stick his foot in his mouth.. of course I was the one that did because Dan was on his 2nd strike for shooting off during the meeting.. & truly.. he was under attack.. which wasn't fair.. so .. i had to say so.. So.. Holly told Dan "that.s three strikes for you. I don't want to hear another word the rest of the meeting out of you.." So I said " No.. That's not right.. He 's just speaking his opinion like everyone else.. you just don't happen to like what he's saying.. or how he said it.. Just because he speaks like a neanderthal he shouldn't be singled out in a meeting to be silenced.." she said.. your right.. Dan your back in.. & Dan said thanks. I think.. & everyone laughed.. Afterwards she even said that I was right.. & a few others that were there came over & agreed.. But we have to do something about Dan or he's going to get Canned! Later My coordinator Charlie..(Superman) said that Holly asked him if he thought I was upset with her.. & he said no.. not at all.. that I am just the Mom.. & if i thought something was wrong.. or not fair.. I was going to make sure it was corrected.. & she said yes that's for sure..

Why is it though I wonder that makes some people feel that have to be the one that 'fixes' things..? I always feel this way.. like i have to do it..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  09:29:30 AM  Show Profile
AND MISS ANNE BACK YARD TREASURES.. !!
YES!! Madame!! You did TOO win!!

You BOTH DID!!!!
So SEND ME YOUR ADDRESS GIRL!!
So I can send you your pretty little Apron!!!

Maryjane Lee..
Isn't it funny how you just know??
Alot of people did guess me.. more then any other guess.. So.. we do know more then we KNOW.. we just aren't always in tune to it I think.. Maybe we need to go more with our first instinct on things then we do.. Like when we were kids.. just through a bit more caution to the wind.. & just wing it!

Elizabeth..
I really love that painting.. She does great work, doesn't she?? The one in the center is too funny.. she has an Apron on!!
Does she sell her paintings? or just for fun?
I told Jess & Mikki I think that I used to paint alot more in the past.. haven't done so much lately.. but therse just something i could never .. ever do.. people are onethings.. I can do inanimate things.. & floral type things.. I things my hands just aren't as steady any more.. maybe if I picked up a bruch again.. But then.. i'd have to push the sewing machine aside.. not sure I'm willing to do that right now......
I made my kids all their own trick or treat bowls for their own houses.. ( you know their grown..) & one i painted Skeletons!! I'll see if i can get a picture of it.. Turned out pretty funny!
ok.. now were off the Stitching subgect for sure.. we need to start a post on our artwork.. & Postal Co-Workers!

Kathie

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 12 2007 09:37:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  09:32:33 AM  Show Profile
I can totally relate - I am a "fixer" too, but they tell me that's from being an only child. We supposedly can't stand disorder in our "social world" and want everything to be alright. When it comes to my four kids, I totally have to be a fixer or I can't rest til everythings alright again. Can you tell us what kind of place you work in?
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  09:41:29 AM  Show Profile
I work with Costumer Relations. & deal with extremely irrate individuals ALLLLL DAY long.. so my job is basicly getting screamed & cussed at from the moment I walk in.. until I leave!

So nope.. not a chipper happy school..
More like people on the verge of coming of their chains at any given moment!

Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  2:06:26 PM  Show Profile
That looked like a pretty fun bunch you had your picture taken with - including Minnie Mouse! I hear you though about customer relations. I used to take care of irate customers for Home Depot, no fun to go to work in the am.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  6:30:28 PM  Show Profile
Kathie, Yes Judy sells her paintings and prints. She does the shows with me. Get the ones with mats, because her husband Jay is the best mat cutter I have ever known. He mats all of the kids portraits for me too. I think I put the link under the picture... the day of the dead is just one topic she paints a lot. She has a quilt series also. Check her out, She has great stuff! We love her.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  7:07:30 PM  Show Profile
Ok Great!! What a terrific find!
She does some great work doesn't she???

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Contest Winner ANNOUNCED!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page