Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Contest Winner ANNOUNCED!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Contest Winner ANNOUNCED!! Next Topic
Page: of 4

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2007 :  6:34:54 PM  Show Profile
Did you get my vote? I resent it?????

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  5:49:31 PM  Show Profile
I got Daisy's but not yours Sarah Blue or Chris!!

Isn't that the weirdest thing???
let me go look one last time..
Some of them are coming through the junk mail.. & I've been aware of that.. & keep watching for them.. But so far these last two just aren't reaching me..
If you want to vote right here on the post you can.. tonight..
You two..
I'm so sorry your votes aren't showing up girls!!

Kathie

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  9:21:46 PM  Show Profile
Good luck everyone!! Wish I would have signed up and guessed in time. I can hardly wait to see who wins one of Kathie's beautiful aprons!!

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  05:57:07 AM  Show Profile
OK!! well i have to tell you.. some of these guesses were pretty funny.. because alot of you had to tell me the reason WHY you guessed the way you did.. & you know you all have a great sense of humor.. a couple are pretty twisted even!
ok.. well.. a few guessed her.. but.. I'm not the cute little "elfish one" on the bottom in the white & yellow apron as someone described her.. in her Ballerina pose .. as another girl said.. That's my girl Ozzy.. She's a hoot.. lot's of fun.. from Turkey.. & says all the wrong things at just the right time which makes her even more fun!
Next to her Is my buddy Sue.. I don't think anyone guessed Sue.. Then is The guy in the Deniom Apron Chris.. & right behind him in the solid Black shirt is Lura.. no one guessed her either.. & that's good too.. because not me either.
Next to Lura in the white blouse & the long red hair is one of my best friends Natalie.. None of you chose her as your guess..
Or the girl behind her in glasses.. Jackie..or the OTHER girl next to Jackie with the black shirt , Glasses & teeny bangs.. & that would be my funny little friend Hellen who lives for Fashion!
Next to Helen is my buddy Richard..&in front of Richard , In the Bright tangerine colored shirt is Lynne..ONE OF YOU SAID I WAS HER!!!.Girlfriend..we need to talk..Lynne is the evil Oompa Loompa! ok..
Back behind Lynne again & next to Richard is my dear girl friend Peggy from Chicago, short blonde hair, glasses & giving superman Charlie the bunny ears..
The other blonde with the toothy grin.. also giving Charlie more Bunny ears..I think Candy got one vote too!
Dan is behind Candy..Then next to Dan & Candy.. the bald guy.. (it's ok.. he knows he is..) Is my buddy Charlie.. yes.. another Charlie in the green apron.. & in between the two Charlies in the black & white striped sweater is My Boss Holly!! She got alot of votes!!
You guys must have liked her as much as io do!.. she's alot of fun! But..
The one that got most of the votes had to be the one in the green sweater & the long redish colored skirt on the very end.. THAT is Lisa!
So that only leaves the girl in the white shirt,red apron, braids, glasses & red shoes!! & YES!! THAT would be ME!! So.. Besides LISA I actually got the most votes!!!
I think eight of you voted for me!!!

So ..sadly .. Only ONE can win though!!!

& From all the correct guesses..My Husband Butch has drawn a name..

Kathie

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 11 2007 06:05:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  06:08:26 AM  Show Profile
The WINNER is:......

ANNE from Backyard Treasures!!!

CONGRATULATIONS ANNE!!!

& Annie S. as Co-Winner

(Of course I am in the Lovely state of Florida.. so this just couldn't go off with out a hitch.. could it!! ..Most Certainly Not!!)
In the e-mail process if any of you have ever done any e-mail via the site to your own personal e-mail.. you may have noticed..that our names don't always match up.. Sunshine/levisgramy.. Mikesgirl never comes across as Sherri.. Sewgirlie you really have to get in there & look at & even my own.. i don't think Kathie is anywhere in there.. poor babies.. never even knew that Sally, & The Nitegardener & Kathie were all one person.. did you?? well.. our sweet little Annie S... has fallen into the internet loop to mingle with our Anne of BackYard Treasures!! Who REALLY was the Name that my sweet husband Drew this morning!.. & I had announced Annie S. as our winner!!
So easy enough to solve.. we have TWO APRON WINNERS!!
The one that Butch drew.. AND the one that I announced!!
BOTH ANNES WIN!!
So.. If you'll both e-mail me..( ) i'll get you your pretty little Aprons right on out to you BOTH my DEARS!!!!!

& I Am SOO.. SOOOOO Sorry for the confussion!!
Lots of love Girls!
Kathie

E-Mail me..& i'll get your address so I can send your Apron out to you!

Kathie

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 11 2007 4:55:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  06:11:00 AM  Show Profile
Thanks so much for playing everyone.. I had a great time 'listening' to what you said.. Pretty dang funny!!!!

This was alot of fun.. & a neat way to get to know each other too!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  06:32:49 AM  Show Profile
Yay Annie!
Congratulations. I picked the right one too! I'm glad to know my guess was right.
I'm usually terrible at these guessing things.
Thanks again for the fun time Kathie.
Denise

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  06:43:35 AM  Show Profile
OH, I picked Holly, but you were my second choice!! The reason I would've picked you is the smile--like the cat that ate the canary, that's such a proud little smile, a smile that someone who could "make" everyone (even men) in the department wear aprons!

Congratulations Annie!! Enjoy your apron!

Kathy T

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  06:53:21 AM  Show Profile
wow..I guessed it right!
congrats Annie S. !

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:04:01 AM  Show Profile
This was a fun thread to read! If I had voted, it may have been to ask if you are Minnie Mouse look alike! :) That is a great photo, and you made it into a really fun contest. Thanks for giving those of us who did not take a guess a reason to smile!

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Jun 11 2007 07:04:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

BackyardTreasures
True Blue Farmgirl

189 Posts

Anne
Connecticut
USA
189 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  07:45:21 AM  Show Profile
Wow, I was one of the ones that guessed right!!
Congrats to Annie.

~~Anne

www.homesteadblogger.com/BackyardTreasures
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  08:07:01 AM  Show Profile
I couldn't decide on one........... but I thought that YOU looked to young to have kids the age you told me your children were. Shoot......... I look older than you!! And you call me Kiddo??? I should call you kiddo !!! You are a cutie!!! This conversation made me remember I need to call and get an appointment to cover my grays!!! I am almost 35 and have a million of them!!! Gonna get off her and call him NOW!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  08:45:47 AM  Show Profile
I know.. the grey hair thing is really scaring me..
I have never ever died my hair yet!!
But my Sister Kelly is 10 years younger then me & if she did NOT dye hers I bet she would be completely GREY!! When i finally go.. It's going to be so scary girls!! But so far.. maybe one or two here & there!! It's the weirdest thing!
The picture really hides alot Michelle..I really am a withered old hag up close!

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 11 2007 4:26:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  09:08:40 AM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo I am just glad I guessed right!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  11:50:40 AM  Show Profile
Yeah I guessed right! It was the red shoes that gave it away! Reason I thought that was because she said she provided aprons for everyone to wear that day. However Kathie's red shoes matched her apron and no one else would have known what apron they were going to wear except Kathie! And the rest of her outfit didn't warrent red shoes but with the apron they looked perfect!! How's that for my rusty old Nacy Drew skills?? LOL

That was very fun, thank you Kathie!!And how nice to put a face with your name!

Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  12:23:31 PM  Show Profile
You clever little girl Daisy Drew!
I do love red though!!
I think i have more red shoes then anyone else i know.. just about the time i think.."ok.. that's it..this is enough. I CAN'T buy another pair of red shoes! it's just stupid.. STOP it.." I FIND another pair that i love so much i buy them! & that Apron.. whew!!.. THAT.. is such a pretty Apron in person.. You'd have to meet her to appreciatE her !

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  12:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kathie- Ah!! It was a toss up between the girl I picked and you! You are wonderful looking! I love your shoes in that picture too!

Congrats Annie!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  5:32:41 PM  Show Profile
LOL I just picked by what Apron I liked the best....
#1 choice Red half apron w/white waist and ruffle
#2 choice Black half Apron with Yellow waist and blue pocket.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  6:21:19 PM  Show Profile
Your funny girl..
I love the red one.. I should take a better picture of it.. It REALLY is a pretty Apron.. i didn't make that one.. i bought it..

But that Black one I made for Natalie..
Up close you would laugh...
It's actually little skulls.. but they have funny liitle hats & hair things & flowers ! It's awesome!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  6:27:44 PM  Show Profile
It was the braids for me what else would a farmgirl wear her hair in?

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  6:31:19 PM  Show Profile
LOL You are my kinda girl! I love day of the dead stuff! I collect the fabric and artwork.

If I knew that, I would have picked the sculls first! I got a yard of Virgin de Guadelupe fabric... and I am beside myself since I can not find it. I was going to sew a panel on the back of a linen jacket and embelish it Mexican style... Lots of beads and satin roses... Then wear it to my Dads Catholic HospitalHee Hee. But A friend in CA is sending a few of hers. So it will be done by their big fundraiser.

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  6:46:51 PM  Show Profile
SEE!! I don't know what it is!! But i just love it.. anything Skulls.. cross bones & skeletons!! I am constantly drawn to them..
& i'm right there with ya on the beads girlfriend!
Throw in some razz ma tazz!! & my head will whip around like someone yelled "Ice cream man!"

i wonder WHAT i possibly could have been in a past life ?????

I say do that jacket.. & give them something fun to talk about at the hospital.. something like that will make someone's day you know!

See.. Denise I really think your right.. I thought EVERYONE would catch the braids!! I did get the most votes.. But Lisa right next to me was pretty close too!!
You all had a pretty good instinct..
MOST OF YOU ANYWAY !!!

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 11 2007 6:49:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  7:24:31 PM  Show Profile
I have this hanging going up the steps, so You can see it from the living room

The artist is a friend of mine... you would never think a very small soft spoken 65 yr old woman paints these... Hanging out with her is usually sipping tea and eating banana bread. I have a lot of her work.

http://www.vierow.com/Judy/

E-

Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  7:58:35 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations to you too Anne. And under the circumstances it is so sweet of you Kathie to send me one as well. Maybe this is a sign - went to Deadwood with a friend and while waiting for lunch we put a few coins in the slots and low and behold - I actually won! I never win playing those machines. I quit ahead of what I came in with. And now this. Pretty awsome. Thanks so much again.

Annie S.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  9:52:29 PM  Show Profile
I had a totally different reason for picking you in the picture (correct guess). I thought you had both arms around people, and looked like you were a kind of "take charge" person. If you made the aprons and organized the picture you would sort of be the one in charge of the picture. By the way, what kind of place is that pictured that you work in? Is it a school?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Contest Winner ANNOUNCED!! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page