Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 AMISH COLLECTION, JACK AND DAVE, BOOKS, ETC.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic AMISH COLLECTION, JACK AND DAVE, BOOKS, ETC. Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  09:29:02 AM  Show Profile
Jack and Dave got mail today, so they are all wound up now. I got mail too. Plus posted a few other pictures. WELL IT HAS BEEN A FEW DAYS YOU KNOW!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:21:06 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo,
How sweet that Miss Bee Haven sent a package to the boys! I have a question. I bet you have already told the story, but how did Jack and Dave come to live with you? They are soooo dear! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:48:15 AM  Show Profile
Judy,
Jack, the bear on the left I found at a garage sale about 14 years ago. I never buy stuffed animals at these sites but there was just something about Jack. I brought him home and he took a ride in the washer and dryer. Then right afer that My youngest daughter bought me Dave because Jack need a brother. Jack is named afer my uncle, and Dave is named after my dad. They are both gone now. My Dad died when I was eight, he was only 36 years old, and His younger brother my favorite uncle that grew up on the farm with me died of cancer. So I thought it fitting that I name the bears after them, because then I can say the names everyday. They were both such funny men I bet they would laugh at the way I go on about the bears.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mikki
True Blue Farmgirl

1510 Posts

Mikki
Austin Indiana
USA
1510 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile
What a sweet story!

~~Blessings, Mikki Jo

www.mikkijo.etsy.com

http://burningmeadowsprings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  12:06:25 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Nancy, that is a sweet story. Isn't it something how these little critters just speak to us? I have a bear I got in Mexico from a street vendor some many years ago, he has kind of a pot belly, and I just love him. His nose has an "owie" and I am trying to figure out how to "bandage" it up so that it looks "cute" and doesn't "hurt" him...I also have a newer "TY" bear that my bunko secret pal gave me about 5 years ago. When I was at the thrift a few months ago, two other bears just jumped into my arms, they kind of resemble Dave...So they are sitting on a bench in my bedroom along with my "TY" bear...I have to stay away from the stuffed animal aisle, or my house would be overrun! I also have a bunch of bears I got in Scotland and England when I was there with my niece 5 years ago. She is a teddy bear fanatic and infected me on that trip! There was this huge teddy that she really wanted to buy when we were in Bath, England, and it wasn't horribly expensive, but she would have had to buy another seat on the plane home for it! So, don't worry, there are other of us crazy bear people out there! And I'm sorry for your early loss of your Dad and Uncle, but you DO have them with you, every day and as you say, you speak their names...I'm sure they love it! FarmGirl Hugs! Judy

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic AMISH COLLECTION, JACK AND DAVE, BOOKS, ETC. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page