KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  08:35:54 AM  Show Profile
Glad to, Jill...we always had pork chops on Sunday growing up, and I guess I never got out of it :) This recipe makes such juicy chops, I think it's the coating. This recipes "halves" well...there are just the two of us, so I just half everything.

1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs--I always do half Panko breadcrumbs and regular, makes it "crunch" a bit.
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon dried rubbed sage
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
2 large eggs
1/4 cup all purpose flour
4 bone-in center-cut pork loin chops (each about 1 inch thick)-I've done it with thick boneless chops, too. Either way, they're good.
2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
2 tablespoons olive oil

Preheat oven to 425°F.
Mix breadcrumbs, cheese, sage and lemon peel in shallow dish (I use my pie dish).
Whisk eggs to blend.
Place flour on plate; season generously with salt and pepper. Coat pork chops on both sides with flour; shake off excess. Dip chops into eggs, then coat on both sides with breadcrumb mixture (really mash it in there).
Melt butter and oil in large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat to sear chops (keeps breading on). Cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven. Bake until pork chops are crisp on the outside about 20-23 minutes.

Let me know how you like it--you can't go wrong with pork and sweet potatoes

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

primjillie
True Blue Farmgirl

138 Posts

Jill
Antelope CA
USA
138 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  08:03:43 AM  Show Profile
Thank you! That sounds delicious! I am going to make it this weekend. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  09:51:58 AM  Show Profile
Jill...I know what I wanted to tell you. I forget that I "amend" a step for my own purposes:
instead of coating the chops with flour after the egg, I simply mix the flour in with the bread crumb/sage/parmesan mix, and the coating sticks better. So, just egg, then crumb mix.

Enjoy!

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  3:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Yum ladies! It all sounds wonderful. I will have to try your recipe, Jonni, but with lamb chops instead since I can't eat pork! It sounds amazing!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  10:47:47 PM  Show Profile
"Leg of Lamb" was a family favorite for many years after our sacrement meeting each Sunday! Hubby's parents had 7 children, times spouses and lots of grandchildren! Yes, each Sunday and we couldn't wait for Sunday to come around! My mother-in-law sure knew how to gather the family! Oh, and all the trimmings! To die for!!! Memories....

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

Maryjane Lee
True Blue Farmgirl

2195 Posts

Maryjane
CA
USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2007 :  10:49:21 PM  Show Profile
P.S
and Grandma Jennie's Sunshine cake for dessert! The BEST!

Hugs,
Maryjane Lee

"Cherish the memories and in our hearts they shall live forever!"
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2007 :  08:37:09 AM  Show Profile
I had no idea how many folks loved pot roast - Pot roast in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, onions, peppers and spices. This is our favorite because Sundays are usually busy and I hate to cook when I'm worn out. DH likes to take roast beef sandwiches for lunch and I use the leftover broth and veggies (I always cut up too many), brown hamburger and turn it into soup with every other veggie I have on hand.

my blog: http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

We come from Nature, we go back to Nature; health & happiness in between requires intimacy with Nature.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Favorite "Sunday" meal? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page