Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 fun, quick decorating ideas to share
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic fun, quick decorating ideas to share Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  3:09:59 PM  Show Profile
OK!! Found this Thread..
Lost it there for a bit.. yes.. both the Thread.. & my mind thanks..!
But here we all are again!!!!
ANYWAY.. I'd told you all once how I did my Kitchen Counter's.. & I KNOW some of you were goin'
" Ummm.. yeah.. okay Kathie.. sounds REALLY nice.. Brown Paper Bags & Glue on your counters.. Cute idea.. Really.. " & then nudging your husband & saying.. "listen to what this nut Job is doing NOW!"

Well ..!! Photo Opportunities !!!

Ta Da !!!!

Really.. don't hold back.. What do ya think?
Cool huh?

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Duchess
True Blue Farmgirl

109 Posts

Iowa
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  4:38:18 PM  Show Profile
Well I for one think you did a wonderful job Kathie, tearing it like you did gives it interest as well as the different shades. It is amazing what we can do when we need to. It took courage to jump in and try something like that, I applaud you.

Back in the dark ages the dog ate part of the center cushion on my couch and I covered it in black vinyl, then used scraps of that to cover tops of old coffee tables. I used those brass tacks with the textured tops around the edges. I had been given some old furniture not in good shape, I also painted some ugly lamps and covered the shades with some pretty print fabric. I used burlap for curtains and colorful fringe for type backs. All in all it came out well and was very inexpensive. I have found that something as simple as a different color throw over the couch or chair can give a whole different look. I also take pieces of fabric and use velcro to fasten over pillow for different looks.

Best to all Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  4:55:40 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Barbara!!
Your pretty Ingenious & thrifty there too girlfriend!!

I just couldn't make myself spend money on a countertop i didn't want in the first place! That i KNEW Didn't really go with ME..
you know.. weird & quirky.. That's sometimes a bit hard to find.. so selfcreating seems to work best..

the lamp thing reminds me though..
I wonder how the Burlap would look on a lamp shade?
& may have to try that..i love Burlap..the look & the texture of it!

i DID actually try something funny with another lamp that i have.. I'll have to take a picture of it too I guess..!
I call it my "Quilt Lamp" but actually it's just strips of fabric around the lamp shade.. & i stitched them together!

Did you get a chance to see that lamp that was filled with Yo-Yo pieces? Wow.. THAT is my goal.. I just have to find a dang glass lamp now.. Anyother time I'm knocking them over everytable at every yard sale i go to!

Go to Top of Page

mima
True Blue Farmgirl

1573 Posts

1573 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  08:22:10 AM  Show Profile
Kathie! Thank is BRILLIANT! You are an amazing artist!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  08:34:12 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Frannie,

Go to Sherwin Williams and check out their Craftsman Brown. It is my absolute favorite paint color....lol I always call it cardboard...lol

But I used in in our old house in the family room and while it was brown in color it was just a warm and inviting room. I am now using it here in the new house too. Creature of habit I guess.

Hugs,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

cabinmoose
True Blue Farmgirl

218 Posts

Lorna
Forest Hill MD
USA
218 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  08:40:07 AM  Show Profile  Send cabinmoose an AOL message  Send cabinmoose a Yahoo! Message
Kathie,

That is georgous!!!! I love it.

Also for the quilts. I have bought inexpensive black wrought iron curtain rods and hung my quilts from them....all around the room. They look awesome!

I don't have any hanging right now becuase I gotta paint the living room and that is where I display most of them but they should be up in a month or so and I will post a pic then.

You can use the clips that slide over the rod if the quilt is not too delicate or I have also folded the top over the rod and use safety pins on the back to secure it the quilt to itself just wraping it over slightly.

Everyone who saw them loved the display.

Hugs,

Lorna
Forest Hill, MD

“I laugh, I love, I hope, I try, I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry.
And I know you do the same things too, So we're really
not that different, me and you.” ~Colin Raye
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  5:16:39 PM  Show Profile
Lorna.. What color are you Painting the living room?
I DID have mine a kind of Pistachio green.. which when i 1st told people about they went "Oh.. REALLY" but after seeing it.. they went 'OH!! COOL" so yeah.. i liked it.. but..three years later.. i changed it.. it's now a beige =ish .. hey.. it's actualy almost the back ground of the screen here.. you know.. that color behind the 'jump to' area? But it seems so blah on the walls.. you don't notice any color at all.. which is really what i was going for.. i guess.. since i DO have So much junk on the walls..
i don't know.. just feellike I want to change it again.. & i really just did it.. like.. less then a year ago..

Go to Top of Page

mommatracy
True Blue Farmgirl

490 Posts

Tracy
My. Olive NC
USA
490 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  12:14:54 PM  Show Profile
Winona, I know this post has been up for awhile. You mentioned that you live in a large 5th wheel. How long have you lived in it and what made you decide to do it? It sounds wonderful and I love your address:Close to Grants Pass, Oregon. Didn't I read on another post that you have planted shrubs and maybe a small garden? It's been a while since I read it? My husband is trying to decide if he wants a 5th wheel or a camper. Maybe the 5th wheel is more stable to haul done the highway?
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2007 :  2:53:37 PM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello,
I collected small branches from the last storm of oak leaves some dry, some green,some with acorns, and arranged them in vases around my house. Free and interesting for that fall look.

3 Blue Star Mother and Proud of it!
Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2007 :  8:48:44 PM  Show Profile
kathie, how did you seal that counter top, and can you use it as if it was a formica top or what have you, can you roll out breads and what not or do you have to "baby" it?

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

simplypaige
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Paige
IN
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2007 :  7:05:16 PM  Show Profile
In the last few years we moved into an old farmhouse with a fully enclosed back porch. I loved the light but it seemed very cold(especially in the winter). There is a total of eight windows and it was going to be very costly for curtains. So one day I had the idea of hanging a curtain rod up and layering old embroirdered pillowcases over that I had saved and collected. It turned out beautiful. I could use up so many that had small tears and stains on them due to the fact you can fold them and layer over it. I have purchased most of these for only $1-$2. It has really made this room and I think it could be used anywhere in the house.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Make It Easy: Previous Topic fun, quick decorating ideas to share Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page