Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 6 no wait 5 more to go!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 6 no wait 5 more to go! Next Topic  

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  09:40:40 AM  Show Profile
Girls,
After this post I'll only need 5 more to be true blue!!
I was in WalMart the other day in the fabric section and some shoppers told me about a fabric store I had never heard of. It was called BP. Well I had seen it but for some reason I thought it was for automotive fabric. Well, I went there yesterday and IT IS GREAT. I guess they supply stores with fabric, but the public can buy there as well. It is 3.99 per yard, but only 2.99 if you cut it yourself. They have some name brands, if fact they had some Elm Creek prints, that are 4.99 but 3.99 if you cut it yourself. They also have some flatfolds fot between 1.00-2.50 and also some 108 inches for backings. They are geared toward quilters but that works for me. They also have some purse patterns and some apron patterns. I bought the sweetest little reversable apron pattern for 8.50. Can't remember the name of the company. They don't have many patterns and no notions, they can't compete with the chains in price. So yesterday turned out to be a pretty good day. I think I'll bump this 5 times and I'll be true blue!
Merle

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  10:19:27 AM  Show Profile
I want a BP.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  5:18:24 PM  Show Profile
Don't ya luv stumbling onto great places like that?
I never buy fabric by the yard for my quilt backs, instead I go to WallyWorld(walmart) & Target & buy a cheap flat sheet-twin/full/queen or king-depending on my quilt size or the project I am playing/sewing with. The sheets start around $4 on up. & they have a pretty good selection of colors, at least our store does.
Merle, now you only need 4 more posts!!!
tata-4-now

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 25 2007 5:18:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  5:30:53 PM  Show Profile
Wow...sounds wonderful!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  6:07:55 PM  Show Profile
Merle, I grew up in Hickory!! Have you ever been to MaryJo's in Gastonia? Now that's a fabric store!!!It's in a little mini mall and the store is about the size of a K-mart. HUGE and they have tons of cicil war and 30's fabrics along with just about any other kind of fabric you could dream of! It's off of I-85 on Cox Road. Whenever I go home to visit my folks MaryJo's is always a stop I make! Their prices are nice too!

LOL I too am trying for true blue! Only a few more posts and I'll be there!

Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  7:23:08 PM  Show Profile
Daisy, Where is Gastonia?

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

mkmomus
True Blue Farmgirl

248 Posts

Merle
Greensboro NC
248 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  7:24:07 PM  Show Profile
Daisy,
I went to Mary jo's once and just about flipped my lid! I just don't have a ton of money right now and it is about 2 hours away so the gas alone would kill me. My friend and I were talking about going down this summer though. Maybe I can save my pennies!
Merle
Go to Top of Page

Daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

107 Posts

Daisy
Thistle Sprig Farm NW Indiana
USA
107 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  7:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth, Gastonia is in North Carolina right beside Charlotte.
Daisy

Thistle Sprig Farm
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  8:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Congrats on getting True Blue Status! I know what you mean about stumbling into those little shops. We have a great shop here called "Quilt Something" I was in there the other day and about had to cover my eyes. Such beautiful fabrics! I wanted to "adopt" (read as buy!) so many different ones! I could easily go bankrupt in stores like that, which is funny since I hardly know how to sew at all!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  9:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Congrats on your True Blue Status.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  09:22:12 AM  Show Profile
yippeee!!!! Merle is a "True Blue Farm Girl"

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 26 2007 09:22:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

CabinCreek-Kentucky
True Blue Farmgirl

8529 Posts

Frannie
Green County Kentucky
USA
8529 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  10:58:40 PM  Show Profile
gosh .. our wally world has stopped selling fabrics! AND .. when i was in toledo .. both the Joannes and Hancock Fabric stores near my daughter's house had just CLOSED! what is happening with that? anyone else have fabric stores closing all around them? (luckily, we do have two new 'small-woman-owned' fabric stores that opened .. and i'm sure happy to support them .. but VINTAGE fabrics are still my fave! xo

True Friends, Frannie

CABIN CREEK FARM
KENTUCKY

Go to Top of Page

maserz
Farmgirl in Training

13 Posts

Masey
Irving Texas
USA
13 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  8:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes...I just found out Hancock's is closing and the Joannes just closed here in Irving, Texas. The Wal-Mart I go to is also slim picking and I think they're going to be closing the department soon. I teach Family and Consumer Sciences (Home Ec) and it really stinks for the students. They are going to have to pay more for fabric or start ordering from classroom suppliers!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  8:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I am pretty broke all the time, so lower cost is certainly a factor about where I shop. But I must say, I won't be too upset if a few of the smaller fabric stores start being more sucessful because the big box stores stop selling the fabrics. Just my two cents! :)

Alee
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic 6 no wait 5 more to go! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page