Peg Graham
True Blue Farmgirl

281 Posts

Peg
Chesapeake Virginia
USA
281 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  2:38:15 PM  Show Profile
Got this from another gal (Heather D. White from Utah, who got them from another gal, Cathy Adams):

Parmesan Knots

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. garlic powder
dash pepper
3 cans (12 oz. each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits

In a small bowl, combine oil, cheese, parsley, oregano, garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
Cut each biscuit in half. Roll each portion into a 6" rope; tie in a loose knot. Place on greased baking sheets.
Bake at 450 degrees for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown; immediately brush with the Parmesan mixture. Serve warm or freeze for up to 2 months. (NOTE: To use frozen biscuits, bake according to package directions.)

NOTE: Take the biscuits out of the fridge about 30 minutes before making the rolls so that the dough isn't so cold. This makes the dough more soft and easy to roll into ropes. Also, if you make the rolls literally RIGHT when we are almost ready to eat, they'll be nice and hot. I would definitely recommend that. They are STILL good when cool, but MOUTH-WATERING when warm. ENJOY!

miles of smiles~
Peg

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  4:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Yum!! That is my kind of treat. I am not a sweet tooth kind of gal as much as a bread tooth kind..haha. That sounds wonderful. Thanks..I will be making these for sure!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic ROLLS: Parmesan Knots Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page