asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  09:28:46 AM  Show Profile
Just got back last night from Indianapolis. I had to work another trade show for work - but got to see a bit more of the city this time then when I was in Chicago a couple of months ago. This is only the second time I have been to Indy - first time years ago. What a wonderful city - everything was in walking distance of the hotel I stayed at - The Canterbury. We went to a Blues Bar called the Slippery Noodle, another place called Howl at the Moon, a cigar bar (I travel with guys)called Nicky Blaine's. Also, can't remember the name - a wonderful Italian restaurant in the Historic District. Wonderful weather and a very clean city. The only down side of the trip was the flight home through Denver - hit thunderstorms, lightening and wind sheer - not a fun landing at all! But got back to Portland safe and sound and would definitely go back to Indy.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  09:45:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Anne. Wondered where ya been. How was the trade show? MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  10:38:50 AM  Show Profile
I lived in INndianapolis for over three years. It is a beautiful town! I miss it sometimes! Glad you enjoyed it!

check out my blog: http://catholiccountrygirl.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

KYgurlsrbest
True Blue Farmgirl

4853 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4853 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  10:43:08 AM  Show Profile
Howdy Anne, sounds like you had a good trip, welcome back! I've been to the Slippery Noodle, fun huh? To my knowledge, that's the oldest tavern/restaurant in Indy. Kindof akin to our Arnolds, here in Cincy.
I LOVE that town--it's only an hour and 15 mins or so from us, so we go there frequently to visit and hang out. The Broad Ripple can be kindof "fratty" at night, but during the weekdays, they have lovely one of a kind shops! My sister-in-law and her family live just above the city, so we get to go frequently!

It really is a pretty city. If you ever go back, and like western or native american art, I recommend the Eiteljorg Museum of Western Art. In the summer, they have a native american market that's just outta sight! The childrens museum is rockin, too.

"In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt." Margaret Atwood

Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  12:11:55 PM  Show Profile
Marybeth -

Trade show was good, the two sales guys wrapped it up today. I just went to add backup for the heaviest days (Saturday and Sunday) only worked a few hours Monday before my flight. So glad I don't do this on a regular basis, I am really inside sales support/technical customer service, so traveling is a rarity. Since I work with really a guy's type of product, you are surrounded mostly by men - so it gets to be a bit old.

Just glad to be home.

Anne in Portland

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Back from Indianapolis Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page