Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  10:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I shaved my dog last week! Boy she looks funny! I lost the guides for my clippers so it is not as neat of a job as I normally can do and I trimmed her a little closer than I meant to. But her fur is already growing out a little bit again so she does not look as funny as she did the first few days.

Her undercoat is so thick; it was like shearing a sheep! Around her hips and such where she hadn't shed out yet was ultra thick- almost like felted wool even!

Now she will be Naked and funny looking until about fall. I will have to post some pictures later so you can see a "before and after".

Alee

Reepicheep
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  11:44:17 AM  Show Profile
We also shave our dogs and I think they look so hysterical afterward. We can tell they are a lot happier because they are cooler though. Their fur grows out pretty quickly though so hubby will have to shave them again in probably another couple of months.

http://naturalpaths.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  5:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Sorry the pictures are so big- but I did not have time to resize them. I will try resizing later :) So here here are some before and afters.
Before with 3 to 5 inch long hair

And with a buzz cut:

She's Naked!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  6:04:03 PM  Show Profile
I bet she is embarrassed..haha. I had a big old malamute when I lived in Minnesota over 20 years ago and we shaved him down in the summer. He was miserable otherwise in that heat. It was so funny. We always left a funny pom pom on his tail and ruff around his neck.
Your dog has such a sweet face!

Jenny in Utah
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Reepicheep
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  7:11:23 PM  Show Profile
How cute! The shave looks just like our Aussies!

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  7:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
She is such a sweet girl. She runs around all crazy like a puppy again and she has been a lot more playful the past week. I think she was embarassed the first day or so, but has been much happier lately.

The only bad thing is that she isn't used to having short fur, so she has cut herself when scratching her ears a bit. I feel bad, but she will adjust pretty soon.

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Reepicheep
True Blue Farmgirl

78 Posts

78 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  06:52:17 AM  Show Profile
Getting shaved always puts a lot more spark in the step of our oldest dog (age 9.5) so I know exactly what you mean about running around like a crazy puppy again. Our middle dog has torn up her side a bit this go round by scratching. It's the first time she's ever done it.

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  7:37:47 PM  Show Profile
She looks so cute!! We had our golden shaved years ago and he looked like cordouroy pants! He knew we were laughing at him and tried to hide behind the chair in the living room! It was days before he walked around without looking at us like we humiliated him! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 23 2007 :  9:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
ROFL! I know exactly what you mean! Sky always gives me reproachful eyes for a couple of days before she forgets about it.

Funny side story- A full length mirror that is usually on our bedroom door fell off recently and so I propped it on the wall behind the door. That night when I closed the door to go to bed Sky saw her reflection and started walking towards it all Alpha Dog like. It was so funny! It took her a couple of minutes to realize that the other dog was really her! She didn't recognize herself because of the hair cut and she wasn't used to the mirror being somewhere that she could see into it!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

goneriding
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Winona
Central Oregon
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - May 25 2007 :  06:38:39 AM  Show Profile
What a sweet looking pooch!! Hugs to her!

Winona :-)

Don't sweat the small stuff...

http://goneridingagain.bravehost.com
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic My dog is Naked! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page